• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Footy-gaf Bros, What's the best tablet out at the moment? Looking to buy one and have been looking at both 'Nexus 7' and a 'Ipad Mini'. Any others to consider?
Android is ever-improving but it's tablet ecosystem is nowhere near iOS.

Go with Mini, but I'm sure there will be a revision soon, I.E Mini 2.

I was tempted to get the Nook HD+ (plus) myself. I know it sounds crazy, but it's cheap as hell and has expandable memory AND a 1080p 9" screen.

K1LLER7

Android is ever-improving but it's tablet ecosystem is nowhere near iOS.

Go with Mini, but I'm sure there will be a revision soon, I.E Mini 2.
The one thing that's putting me off buying one now. Do Apple usually announce new products around September? Or is it just random lol.

I was tempted to get the Nook HD+ myself. I know it sounds crazy, but it's cheap as hell and has expandable memory AND a 1080p 9" screen.
Will look into this. Sounds good.

rodvik

Footy-gaf Bros, What's the best tablet out at the moment? Looking to buy one and have been looking at both 'Nexus 7' and a 'Ipad Mini'. Any others to consider?

Nexus 7 is great. Asus makes superb tablets (I also love my transformer).

However the fact is Android does not have so many high quality apps as iOS so it depends what is important to you.

Salazar

Senderos shooting the breeze about Barcelona is hilarious

Senderos (Fulham, ex-Arsenal): "Arsenal's centre backs would fit in best at Barça: Vermaelen and Koscielny who would do well there." [ser]

Lightning

Banned
Senderos shooting the breeze about Barcelona is hilarious

Senderos (Fulham, ex-Arsenal): "Arsenal's centre backs would fit in best at Barça: Vermaelen and Koscielny who would do well there." [ser]
Barca can fuck off unless Cesc is part of the deal!

Lttp but the problem with United's defence isn't just the defenders, more so it's the lack of cover they get and how often they often they end up being run at by attackers.

Had a great time at the Milan game. Don't care about the result, it was great to see all the guys in person and there were a ton of Milan fans there. I also learned a couple of things:

1. Inturd sucks just as much in person as they do on TV.
2. So do Prince and Muntari. :-(

The boys played okay, we just had no ideas in attack. We really need a classy trequartista ala Honda, Prince is just not cutting it.

K1LLER7

Had a great time at the Milan game. Don't care about the result, it was great to see all the guys in person and there were a ton of Milan fans there. I also learned a couple of things:

The boys played okay, we just had no ideas in attack. We really need a classy trequartista ala Honda, Prince is just not cutting it.
Glad you enjoyed it :)

What did you make of Chelsea?

Messi

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Nothing like seeing your team live in person with tons of your own fans.

K1LLER7

Lol still have hopes on Cesc? Only after we get Suarez can you have Cesc. The fee we get can top up our Suarez bid!
Seriously, I doubt we'll sign him.

I just do it because there's no other transfer news to go muppet over ;)

Apparently Madrid/Ronaldo(?) just had a press conference. Says no new contract has been signed. Talks still ongoing.

A couple of minutes before he said anything, Marca reported he signed a new deal lol.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

What did you make of Chelsea?

Thanks. Chelsea looked a lot more fit than us, and they seem to have adopted extremely quickly to Mourinho's style of play - drawn the other team in, and then strike with a lightning counter attack. However, it's hard to judge their quality because our team was so unfit. Real Madrid will be a much, much better test for them.

I'm amazed at the depth of Chelsea's bench though. Christ. When we were putting on primavera players, they were putting on Lukaku and Mikel.

Meier

Just saw de Bruyne played and scored plus assisted. Man, that injury before looked so nasty..amazing he is back that quickly and playing well. Gonna be a star.. wish one of the German teams had managed to buy him.

Lightning

Banned
Seriously, I doubt we'll sign him.

I just do it because there's no other transfer news to go muppet over ;)

Apparently Madrid/Ronaldo(?) just had a press conference. Says no new contract has been signed. Talks still ongoing.

A couple of minutes before he said anything, Marca reported he signed a new deal lol.
Yep, it's unlikely. Wenger doesn't think he will move this window.

No Cesc and we not getting Suarez! Failure of a window.

dalVlatko

Fernando Torres is BACK

333cbeaceae1c293b9585x4zgc.gif

K1LLER7

Just saw de Bruyne played and scored plus assisted. Man, that injury before looked so nasty..amazing he is back that quickly and playing well. Gonna be a star.. wish one of the German teams had managed to buy him.
He looks great, yet I find it scary that when the season starts, he'll be on the bench behind Oscar/Mata/Hazard.

De Bruyne +15m > Rooney. Chelsea pls.

Yep, it's unlikely. Wenger doesn't think he will move this window.

No Cesc and we not getting Suarez! Failure of a window.
I'm hoping Moyes knows what he's doing and doesn't waste the next month trying to sign players that will most likely not want to move. Think the same relates with Wenger trying to sign Suarez.

Fellani would be a good addition that would look likely to happen if we bid.

Didn't Giroud say something about a new striker coming in the next few days? Atleast you have that to look forward too.

Salazar

I love that you look at twitter accounts like MUFC DA OFFICIAL TWITTER and they are "followed by Duncan Wright" - that bellend from the Star.

Lightning

Banned
Didn't Giroud say something about a new striker coming in the next few days? Atleast you have that to look forward too.
BBC did say we would make 3-4 player signings this month but wouldn't name them. As long as Suarez is one of them all is good but if we can't get him we need to target another quality striker although I doubt we would be able to get a world class one if Suarez fails.

I'm hoping Moyes knows what he's doing and doesn't waste the next month trying to sign players that will most likely not want to move. Think the same relates with Wenger trying to sign Suarez.

I too hope Moyes knows what he is doing. The lack of a midfield signing is worrying

TokiDoki

Bla bla bla ... Rodger is quickly becoming a manager I started to dislike . What's up with lacking class ? We never publicly announced our transfer information , let alone the amount we bid . 40m+1 bid is legit , it's not like we are bidding 10m on Suarez . Even so , clubs are free to bid as much as they like .

The real class that is lacking is our final third , common' Wenger , that is so damn obvious .

FuturusX

Not sure why Arsenal are waiting. Put in the 55 million pound bid that Liveroool want and be done with it.

What's another 15 million pounds....

FuturusX

Because Suarez is not worth 55m. He misses many games every season through his suspensions.

50m max.

What he's worth is irrelevant. Liverpool are under no pressure to sell, he recently signed a new contract.

Getting him for fair value is not an option. Frankly, 55 is cheap, given the recent transfers of top strikers (Cavanni, Falcao and Darren Bent).

This is what frustrates me. If there's no future/super-star CM available this summer, then fine, there's always next year. But what happens when Carrick gets injured. If this happens next March at the same time that Anderson is unfit, Fletcher is retired, Clevgod is out of form, and Jones is Jones, then we are fucked. There are plenty of good to very good midfielders, with greater potential even, who are acquirable and could play well against top-end PL teams; the club seems okay with buying this type of player, or worse, in other positions (i.e. Buttner), so why not central midfield? Ugh.

Lightning

Banned
What he's worth is irrelevant. Liverpool are under no pressure to sell, he recently signed a new contract.

Getting him for fair value is not an option. Frankly, 55 is cheap, given the recent transfers of top strikers (Cavanni, Falcao and Darren Bent).
Then the obvious will happen and he will be forced to stay because no one will pay you 55m for him.

FuturusX

I'l add that selling your best player to a direct rival should automatically add more to the asking price. It's not a good move for Liverpool. They lose a great player and help rival. They should reap more than the expected value.

Lightning

Banned
I'l add that selling your best player to a direct rival should automatically add more to the asking price. It's not a good move for Liverpool. They lose a great player and help rival. They should reap more than the expected value.
Then keep him. You won't make top 4 either way and you can enjoy the same crap again next summer only worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom