• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 hours of Sky Sports for free on August 17th

PICK TV (FREEVIEW / YOUVIEW)

SKY 2 (SKY / VIRGIN / TALKTALK)

9:00am - Game Changers

10:00 - Soccer A.M.

12:00noon - LIVE: Leeds United v Sheffield Wednesday

All-Yorkshire fixture from the Championship. Kick off 12:15pm

2:30pm - Saturday Night Football: Team Talk

3:00 - Soccer Saturday

Jeff Stelling and the team with the latest results from around the grounds as they come in on the first day of the Premiership.

5:00 LIVE Saturday Night Football

Swansea City v Manchester Utd. Kick off 5:30pm

8:00 - End of free Sky Sports day

GHG

Arsenal and Liverpool fans really don't get along. lol

Its the classic case of my shithole is better than your shithole :(.

Liverpool fans: You have finished 7th, 6th, 8th, and 7th over the last 4 seasons. Yes you may have won a few cups over the last decade but so have Portsmouth, Birmingham and Wigan. You are now consistently midtable and consistently make shit-average signings. Suarez has every right to want to leave if he wants to play in the CL anytime before he's pushing 30.

PS. Bale is the best young winger on the planet and has little to no baggage. -£20m for racism, -£20m for the 2 bites and -£4,999,999 for the fact he'll miss the 1st 6 games of the season and there's your price. I'm being kind as well as I haven't even factored in the diving, kicking and stamping :p.

wenger_trollface.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Its a weird one, we have a few things in common at an overall club level, but we treat eachother like shit :p

Maybe its like those times when 2 people are too similar to eachother, and end up getting on eachother's nerves.

You guys are fine though. The whole Suarez thing seems like a giant misunderstanding tbh

Arsenal think there's a release clause of 'over £40m', bid to that amount
Liverpool mistake spurious £1 for classlessness
John Henry makes comment about chances of Arsenal buying Suarez at all, comment misconstrued as a reference to the £1
Things were never that bad until the Suarez crap but Rodgers sees us as direct rivals because we have what you want but Wenger doesn't seem to see Liverpool as rivals at all. That seems to be the core of the issue where our opinions on the matter differ as 6,7,8th are where you've finished the past 3 seasons and I just don't think that compares to us.

You can talk Capital One cup but that trophy is so important that Dalglish lost his job despite winning it. CL football is where it's at, it's just the way it is.

Its the classic case of my shithole is better than your shithole :(.

Liverpool fans: You have finished 7th, 6th, 8th, and 7th over the last 4 seasons. Yes you may have won a few cups over the last decade but so have Portsmouth, Birmingham and Wigan. You are now consistently midtable and consistently make shit-average signings. Suarez has every right to want to leave if he wants to play in the CL anytime before he's pushing 30.

PS. Bale is the best young winger on the planet and has little to no baggage. -£20m for racism, -£20m for the 2 bites and -£4,999,999 for the fact he'll miss the 1st 6 games of the season and there's your price :p.

I don;t think anyone could honestly say that we're a better proposition than Arsenal. You seem to be under the impression though that we should let Suarez move to you because its what he wants, and that just isn;t happening unless you offer an acceptable amount.

@dc, Helen Chamberlain looks like she has a cold vagina

Lightning

Banned
I don;t think anyone could honestly say that we're a better proposition than Arsenal. You seem to be under the impression though that we should let Suarez move to you because its what he wants, and that just isn;t happening unless you offer an acceptable amount
That's not an issue.

Our issue is Liverpool fans thinking Suarez shouldn't come because it's a nothing move for him and thus being greatly disrespectful to us.

That's not an issue.

Our issue is Liverpool fans thinking Suarez shouldn't come because it's a nothing move for him and thus being greatly disrespectful to us.

Its an odd one imo

He could move to you and see how things pan out
He could use you as a stepping stone
He could stay with us and move to a more attractive club next summer

All are viable options for him. If we refuse to sell him to you, he has to perform next season to get the Madrid move he obviously wants

edit: Christ, 10am. Gotta go :D

LTWheels

That's not an issue.

It's not just us that think it's a nothing move. Look at what your own Wrighty has been saying. Even other mangers think it's a sideways move.

The club keeps saying multiple times he's not for sale yet you keep coming. Seems classless to me.

It's not just us that think it's a nothing move. Look at what your own Wrighty has been saying. Even other mangers think it's a sideways move.

The club keeps saying multiple times he's not for sale yet you keep coming. Seems classless to me.

To be fair, since Suarez has made it perfectly clear that he wants to leave and would accept a move to Arsenal, they'd be beyond stupid not to try. Sometimes you have to be classless to get the job done in the world of football transfers

GHG

That's not an issue.

This x100. Its not a sideways move. No CL doesn't = CL football and 7th/8th doesn't equal 3rd/4th.

It seems to have become topical in recent years for the British media to shit on Arsenal and that has greatly skewed peoples views on us as a club. To use a Rafaism, lets look at the facts. We have finished in the top 4 last season which means we will play in the CL next season. Suarez said his priority is to move to a CL club and we can offer him that. Its not about how far we will get in the competition and whether we will win the league next year. the fact is if Luis Suarez joins us he will get to play in a minimum of 6 (8 if your count qualifiers) CL games for us provided he stays fit. Thats 6 games against Europe's elite that he wouldn't get to play in if he stayed at Liverpool for a year. If he deems that as enough to want a move from Liverpool to Arsenal then that's his decision. its his career afterall.

If we look at it objectively and Suarez was playing for the 7th/8th best team in Spain/Italy or Germany and he made a move to us to get CL football everybody would be saying what a good career move it is for him and nobody would bat an eyelid. But because its Liverpool with your proud history and biased ex-liverpool players seem to dominate the media everybody is up in arms about it. Liverpool fans and the media need to accept the facts.

Anyway, Suarez is a perfect match in heaven for us. People hate us, people hate him, we'd officially become the most hated club in England by an absolute mile. It would be glorious to see the constant media meltdowns about us.

Lightning

Banned

We keep coming because Suarez wants out and makes that pretty clear. How did Gerrard's celebration go with Suarez turning up? So it's not classless at all. It's only so public because Liverpool don't know how to shut the fuck up.

You keep saying wait until the attractive offer comes. From who? And when? Suarez sent out the biggest plea to Madrid and was ignored. Barca will NEVER pay that fee for Suarez and neither will Bayern. The guy just had the best season of his career snd next season is world cup time, plenty of players on display there that Madrid can take their pick from.

panty

Cristiano Ronaldo has renewed his contract and will be staying at Real Madrid till 2018. This renewal makes Ronaldo the highest-paid player in Spanish football, with a salary of €17 million net for each of the next five seasons, which is one million more than Messi gets.
MARCA 4 LIFE

ibytZgddueocey.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale you'd better turn up for training today.

He's starting to take the piss now, it's amazing how Real Madrid can turn even the most pleasant player into a complete twat. They think we will give in to £20m up front and the rest spread over 5 years? The club should be shot into space and never spoken of again.

Scum

Have we signed Bale yet?

Pikmin 3 has fallen to 15th in the UK charts. It was 2nd last week. Next week it won't be in the top 20.

What have I done?!

Bought a bloody good game. Or do you need the charrrtz and console warriorz to decide everything you do on your own consoles? dc, pls.

FootballFan

This x100. Its not a sideways move. No CL doesn't = CL football and 7th/8th doesn't equal 3rd/4th.

We have finished in the top 4 last season which means we will play in the CL next season. Suarez said his priority is to move to a CL club and we can offer him that. Its not about how far we will get in the competition and whether we will win the league next year. the fact is if Luis Suarez joins us he will get to play in a minimum of 6 (8 if your count qualifiers) CL games for us provided he stays fit. Thats 6 games against Europe's elite that he wouldn't get to play in if he stayed at Liverpool for a year.

Arsenal still have to play qualifiers for the group stage, right? Suarez might be waiting to force a move through but only when their spot is confirmed. Either way, he has a contract and Liverpool set the price which they deem fair in their own minds, other teams have to pony up the cash. If I were a Liverpudlian, I'd value Suarez at 60 - 70 mil pounds easily. He is a bit hot headed but as a footballer he is superb.

panty

Cristiano Ronaldo has renewed his contract and will be staying at Real Madrid till 2018. This renewal makes Ronaldo the highest-paid player in Spanish football, with a salary of €17 million net for each of the next five seasons, which is one million more than Messi gets.
MARCA 4 LIFE

ibytZgddueocey.gif

Biggest news of the day, breath it in. Can any SpanishGAF confirm because I can't find any other sources for this.

Tc91

It's not even true. Marca is so far up Madrid's arse it's unreal.

Someone post the Neymar to Madrid Marca picture please.

Fergie

Banned
The one thing that's putting me off buying one now. Do Apple usually announce new products around September? Or is it just random lol.

Will look into this. Sounds good.
There are rumours of a fourth quarter 2013 launch, so probably before the year ends. A long wait so its up to you. But Apple did kinda mess up the launch dates regularity with some of their devices so you never know.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wouldn't even consider leaving Juventus, insists Chiellini

“Every summer I hear transfer stories around me or Claudio Marchisio, but a lot of it is fantasy football. Beppe Marotta said clearly that this is not a selling club. Besides, it would be crazy to leave Juventus now that the project is taking off, even if Real Madrid came calling."

Do one Mardrid.

Tc91

So Ronnie has had a press conference.

Cristiano Ronaldo's future at Real Madrid remains unclear, after the forward refused to confirm reports from Spain that he has agreed a new five-year contract with the club.

Ronaldo said: "I'm not going to confirm anything - I'm just going to do my job like I always do."

"My future - I don't know. At this moment I'm a player of Madrid, the future, I really don't know."

"Let's see what's going to happen"

:loooooool Marca, what a load of shite they are.

Fergie

Banned
Man were not going to sell Rooney are we.

Means were not buying anyone.

Shit.
Put Rooney in CM. Sorted.

I'm not surprised any club ain't selling their best players unless a big offer comes in. You don't win cups by being a selling club. Same for Spurs, aiming for CL means not selling Bale, but that's kinda difficult with the money RM is throwing around. Cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom