• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
@ManUtdStuff: Varela on Boca Juniors loan: "Could be a good solution. I would play with continuity for one year, always thinking of returning to United."

A loan is good. What happened to Powell anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BQwB4QsCYAAd3QH.jpg:large

lol Gomes is still here

pappe

If Ronaldo signing a new deal is true. I would not be surprised if Real drop their interest in Bale. Be happy Spurs fans. Grab the tissues Utd fans.

Kyoufu

If Ronaldo signing a new deal is true. I would not be surprised if Real drop their interest in Bale. Be happy Spurs fans. Grab the tissues Utd fans.

Seeing Man Utd unable to sign any player is perhaps the best thing that's happened to football in ages.

Ushojax

I hope it might at least get them to fuck off until next summer. I just want it sorted out one way or the other, it's already too late for us to sell without fucking up the first few league games.

bobito

Banned
I hope it might at least get them to fuck off until next summer. I just want it sorted out one way or the other, it's already too late for us to sell without fucking up the first few league games.

If you keep bale then i think you're def top 4.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Don´t mix things. We are signing Bale, that´s for sure. Sorry Spurs fans.

Lol. Can I see your proof please? Did no one see AVB's press conference on Saturday night or what?

My point is that almost everything in the press has been manufactured by Real and/or Jonathan Barnett, Bale's agent. Bale may still go, that is undeniable. But as things stand today the clubs are nowhere near an agreement.

Ushojax

Lol. Can I see your proof please? Did no one see AVB's press conference on Saturday night or what?

My point is that almost everything in the press has been manufactured by Real and/or Jonathan Barnett, Bale's agent. Bale may still go, that is undeniable. But as things stand today the clubs are nowhere near an agreement.

It will all happen in the next 48 hours. Bale has to decide whether to become a cunt (the first step towards playing for Madrid) and attend training tomorrow, Perez will meet Levy/Lewis, he has to convince us that they can satisfy our terms.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
pcfifabros ill be online in a half hour after a run, lets do this!

Superimposer

It will all happen in the next 48 hours. Bale has to decide whether to become a cunt (the first step towards playing for Madrid) and attend training tomorrow, Perez will meet Levy/Lewis, he has to convince us that they can satisfy our terms.

Yeah, let's hope it's all resolved that quickly.

That was my first post in the thread by the way I think - never dipped my toes in before. Let it be known I'm a Spurs fan.

I don't think Bale's attitude will affect Levy's resolve, by the way. He will only do a deal if (and that's a big if) Real can meet our valuation. This has to be done on our terms, not Real's, which they don't seem to realise. That would mean a deal including any of Morata, Jese or Coentrao, or any combination of, as well as a metric fuckton of money which, in my opinion, Real cannot produce. This is because Bale's image rights etc. are so valuable to us, there is genuinely no point in us selling him for something like 80m Euros alone.

The other thing is that the cash has to be up front mostly. We're still owed half of Modric's transfer fee and we know Real are in huge debt.

In the end, I don't think I'm being unrealistic. Bale, like any player, has his price. It's just that I think his is too high for Real to satisfy our demands this year. As I said, they could make an absolutely stupid offer (we are talking about Real after all) but if they have any sense they would realise it would not be a good decision for them.

I'd like us to buy Lamela or Bernard this summer, let them acclimatise so we have a ready-made replacement if Bale leaves next summer. Then again, if he stays, we might do so well that he may not even want to leave...

That was my first post in the thread by the way I think - never dipped my toes in before. Let it be known I'm a Spurs fan.

I don't think Bale's attitude will affect Levy's resolve, by the way. He will only do a deal if (and that's a big if) Real can meet our valuation. This has to be done on our terms, not Real's, which they don't seem to realise. That would mean a deal including any of Morata, Jese or Coentrao, or any combination of, as well as a metric fuckton of money which, in my opinion, Real cannot produce. This is because Bale's image rights etc. are so valuable to us, there is genuinely no point in us selling him for something like 80m Euros alone.

The other thing is that the cash has to be up front mostly. We're still owed half of Modric's transfer fee and we know Real are in huge debt.

In the end, I don't think I'm being unrealistic. Bale, like any player, has his price. It's just that I think his is too high for Real to satisfy our demands this year. As I said, they could make an absolutely stupid offer (we are talking about Real after all) but if they have any sense they would realise it would not be a good decision for them.

I'd like us to buy Lamela or Bernard this summer, let them acclimatise so we have a ready-made replacement if Bale leaves next summer. Then again, if he stays, we might do so well that he may nto even want to leave...
You were alright until then.

Bale is out of Spurs first chance he gets.

Superimposer

You were alright until then.

Bale is out of Spurs first chance he gets.

My feet are firmly on the ground and that was a (half) joke. I'm just very optimistic about how well we can do this season. I have no delusions about top 2 but I think 4th is likely, with 3rd possible.

I do think Bale will obviously leave one day for Spain, he's made that intention known several times in interviews. I do think it will be in one year though, not this summer.

willow ve

I'd like us to buy Lamela or Bernard this summer, let them acclimatise so we have a ready-made replacement if Bale leaves next summer. Then again, if he stays, we might do so well that he may nto even want to leave...

Either way it happens (stay or go) it needs to be decided today. The longer this drags on the more it disrupts training and planning for the season. Spurs can't afford to drop points in the first 3 or 4 games because they can't figure out if Bale is sticking around. We don't need another Modric situation either where a player puts in half assed games because they don't care and are just waiting for their transfer.

Superimposer

I don't think he would have left if spurs got champions league

He's not leaving...
until Real make a suitable offer. Nothing is close yet and I don't think there will be a suitable offer this year.

I'm sorry if everything I've said has been repeated many times on this thread already by the way. I trust it's an opinion shared by most Spurs fans, however I think it needs to be repeated when people get carried away and believe everything in the press, which seemingly all originates from that awful rag Marca, or from sources that have an agenda.

LTWheels

Madrid can't afford to have most of the cash up front. Says a lot when their offer for Bale is only suppose to be £20m up front. If the transfer doesn't go through I think this may have been one of the biggest stumbling block.

justjohn

Madrid can't afford to have most of the cash up front. Says a lot when their offer for Bale is only suppose to be £20m up front. If the transfer doesn't go through I think this may have been one of the biggest stumbling block.
I really hope spurs aren't going to go for the installment plan. If they want bale pay it all upfront or fuck off. If bale tries any shenanigans show him who's in charge.
Spurs pretty much control everything now and they should act like it.

Wes

venison crêpe
@henrywinter
Top 10 PL shirt name sales globally 2012-13: 1 RVP; 2 Rooney; 3 Kagawa; 4 Aguero; 5 Torres; 6 Hazard; 7 Suarez; 8 Wilshere; 9 Ox; 10 Cazorla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom