• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

What has happened to Chesney?

Two years ago he was rated as having as much potential as De Gea. But he's getting worse while De Gea keeps improving.

Arsenal need a new keeper.

Two years ago he was rated as having as much potential as De Gea. But he's getting worse while De Gea keeps improving.

He's always been rash and clumsy. No player that has been at Arsenal in recent years has actually improved. Chesney stalled a long time ago.

Carbonox

That dumb cunt club can't even seem to sign Julio Cesar.

Arsenal should definitely stick with Chesney so the world can continue to laugh at him.

Suen

He's always been rash and clumsy. No player that has been at Arsenal in recent years has actually improved. Chesney stalled a long time ago.
I have an Arse-friend where I live who says we don't need a new GK, almost describes Szczesny as the second coming. I don't know wtf he's seeing in him. I think he's taking the same drugs that made Szczesny chase Villa players outside the penalty box in middle of yesterday's game.

I had a dream that Chelsea would draw 0-0 with Hull.

For all you guys in FPL, better take Hazard/Mata/Lukaku out.

I had a dream we lost 5-2 to Newcastle on the opening day! Obviously difficult mostly as have Hull lolololol

Hazard did score a worldy though.

I have a bet on which includes over 3.5 goals in our match with Hull (Hopefully 4-0 but i'll take 3-1 to us)

rodvik

The second penalty. Watch koscielny's right knee take out gabbys leg, before koscielny's left leg touches the ball.

ibveTKz6ZigmaZ.gif

rar

I have an Arse-friend where I live who says we don't need a new GK, almost describes Szczesny as the second coming. I don't know wtf he's seeing in him. I think he's taking the same drugs that made Szczesny chase Villa players outside the penalty box in middle of yesterday's game.

that's what happens when you learn from manuel almunia

Showaddy

I had a dream that Chelsea would draw 0-0 with Hull.

For all you guys in FPL, better take Hazard/Mata/Lukaku out.

I've just put Tom Huddlestone in funnily enough. Guaranteed play time at Hull, great passer, only £4.4 million.

Should bag a point or 2. Though perhaps not against Chelsea.

ATF487

The Championship is really, really low quality. And I watch the SPL.

Championship is miles better than the SPL and a really entertaining league. It's got this weird spectrum of talent where you can see something that would embarrass a sunday league team and a world class finish in the same game.

Wes

venison crêpe
The second penalty. Watch koscielny's right knee take out gabbys leg, before koscielny's left leg touches the ball.

ibveTKz6ZigmaZ.gif

Agreed. Ref lucked out on the correct decision here. His second yellow wasn't a yellow though.

Been listening to 606 and Arsenal fans saying we kicked the hell out of them. I didn't see that.

Dibbz

ibveTKz6ZigmaZ.gif

There's no way the ref saw that. The lines man didn't even give it. I don't have a problem with him giving pens away aginst us but shit there were 2 Villa players that should have been sent off. Abonglahor was hacking players down the wing and Vlar took out Rosicky which should have been a second yellow. Instead Kosh gets a second yellow for not making contact with Villa player whilst Mert goes in two footed and gets nothing. Ref was wildly inconsistent.

Bo-Locks

I read the last 20 pages, saw the highlights of the Arsenal game and then wondered why people were getting so upset with the referees decisions. I don't think Koscielny should have been sent off, but other than that, most of the decisions were right imo.

Welbeck's goal is still fresh in my mind. I can't get my head around how he managed to chip the goalkeeper from that distance and have it land so perfectly in the bottom corner. Might be one of the best finishes I've ever seen.

Garjon

You know what remains the highlight of the day? Piers Morgan. You know what is unfortunately the reason why I want to Arsenal to lose? Piers Morgan. The man is like a demon possessed with the ability to realise that he's a complete and utter fuckwit.

Messi

I no longer hate Man United and Van Persie. While I don't like them, I am back on neutral ground. No reason to hate RVP. He is class.

rodvik

There's no way the ref saw that. The lines man didn't even give it. I don't have a problem with him giving pens away aginst us but shit there were 2 Villa players that should have been sent off. Abonglahor was hacking players down the wing and Vlar took out Rosicky which should have been a second yellow. Instead Kosh gets a second yellow for not making contact with Villa player whilst Mert goes in two footed and gets nothing. Ref was wildly inconsistent.

Come on son. Arsenal were playing a dirty game after we equalised. It backfired badly.

I will say Rosicky had a great game though. He terrorized us.

Carbonox

Now Trejo tongues Alba. Bet she sucked his chorizo too. I want Trejo to be my dad and teach me the ways of killing pendejos.

rar

why does that matter? i don't think that contact really affected the end result of the play. either way koscielny makes contact with the ball and it goes out

Dibbz

Come on son. Arsenal were playing a dirty game after we equalised. It backfired badly.

I will say Rosicky had a great game though. He terrorized us.

I think you're confusing the ref stopping play for nothing as Arsenal playing rough. The ref called foul on every single little incident where an Arsenal player was challenging for the ball. It was ridiculous. It took Gibbs to slice his forehead up for the ref to even give us anything.

Anyway whatever. Ref was cockshit but we shouldn't have lost like we did. Villa were good on the break and that's all that it takes.

rodvik

why does that matter? i don't think that contact really affected the end result of the play. either way koscielny makes contact with the ball and it goes out

Because he takes out gabby first with one leg before touching the ball with the other.

Entirely accidentally mind you, he was trying to play the ball no doubt, but intent doesnt count. He had a tough day, I thought he played decently tbf. But there is no doubt that was a penalty if you go by the letter of the rules.

rar

Because he takes out gabby first with one leg before touching the ball with the other.

Entirely accidentally mind you, he was trying to play the ball no doubt, but intent doesnt count. He had a tough day, I thought he played decently tbf. But there is no doubt that was a penalty if you go by the letter of the rules.

oh ok. is there actually a specific rule pertaining to the order of contact on the ball versus the player? i've never bothered to read them closely

Messi

TODAYS THE DAY GUYS

neymar-dancando.gif

First official official game of the Messi/Neymar era. Prepare.

pls be enjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom