• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

oh ok. is there actually a specific rule pertaining to the order of contact on the ball versus the player? i've never bothered to read them closely

If you go through a player and win the ball it's still a foul but the Kos tackle is very very tight and there is no way the ref saw it. He guessed but he is still a shit wanker for sending Kos off for doing nothing.

K1LLER7

The principally frustrating moment was Giggs bearing down on goal like a one-legged OAP with her shopping.

Pass or shoot you awful mug

:lol this pissed me off so much.

That could've been shinji. He would've scored too.

Also, Adnan needs to get a place on the bench.

Messi

Against who? Barca have any injuries? Bought any defenders yet or still using Puyol? Is tiki taka dead?

Against Levante in the Camp Nou. Messi and Pedro/fab all passed fit. Puyol is about 3 weeks away and Tata has said he is not going to sign a CB. :/ Should be a fun game to watch if even just to see how Neymar does with messi in full flow.

tumblr_lz75ynHjiH1r0hmpfo1_500.gif

Showaddy

Still needs to learn to not be so cute with his finishing. A bit of brute force every once in a while would be nice.

Yeah I get pissed off with Adebayor because of this (amongst other things) as well, never hit's the ball with any fucking anger or passion, just taps it lamely in the general direction of the goal.

K1LLER7

No chance for either of the next two games.

True.

It'll only get more difficult as Nani/Young return too :(

Would like to see this vs Chelsea:

----------- DDG ------------

Jones - Rio - Vidic - Evra

---- Carrick - Ando/New -----

Valencia - Shinji - Welbeck

-------------- RVP ---------------

ShogunX

Too bad Welbz is "fucking shit".

We'll see how consistent his finishing is across the whole season before making any judgements. Last season his finishing a lot of the time was most definitely ''fucking shit''. Strangely I think Welbeck will be better under Moyes as boggle eyed Davey loves himself a hard working attacker who drifts out wide and can play in the channels.

People are hyped for La Liga? I guess you could say the same thing about most leagues but La Liga is just the same shit year after year. The rich get richer and the rest of the league are left fighting for scraps after selling their best players just to pay the bank. The sooner they introduce a fair TV revenue shareout the better.

ShogunX

I'm preparing an array of "we were never in for him" posts in the event that we don't sign him.

The thing is our name has been used a few times by agents in this transfer window to drum up interest from other clubs. People know we have a bit of money to spend so we get linked with a fair few players.

Until I see the player on the official website holding up our shirt and getting fondled by Dr Zaf, I wont believe we have signed them.

The thing is our name has been used a few times by agents in this transfer window to drum up interest from other clubs. People know we have a bit of money to spend so we get linked with a fair few players.

Until I see the player on the official website holding up our shirt and getting fondled by Dr Zaf, I wont believe we have signed them.

Don't forget the leaning.

K1LLER7

^ Around 2 weeks left.

I think we have more of a chance of getting Turan. He's wanted to join Liverpool for a long time as he's a fan of the club.

Linked with Willian and Turan and will probably end up buying Nathan Dyer.
You'll sign Willian. It'll be announced soon. Brenton face massage must come first though.

You can't force ITK on us, Tanc pls.

Tanc's a fraud. I am genuine ITK. My sources are so good, they know where Woodward is.

Oh yeah, that's right. 31st falls on the weekend this year.

Edit: Fucking heartbreaking hearing these clubs around us say "Fucking no." when a rival wants to buy one of their best players and actually stick to it.

I didn't watch how was it? They've been impeccable today and I am genuinely made up. <3 NBC bless

It was fine, I guess. The same people who gave the post-game comments saying the same thing they said ten hours ago on a different set. Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle, hosted by some lady whose name I can't recall. The point of MotD, for me anyway, is to hear people who you respect, or are at least respected by some section of supporters, give their views on the games. I really haven't a clue who either of those two are, so I'm indifferent on their opinions.

It's still on, btw.

GorillaJu

Arsenal will bid 50 million plus for Suarez before he window closes. The pressure to do something is immense now.

And he won't be sold still. Look how fragile Arsenal are. We may not be ready for a top 4 push but we can't just concede that without pouncing on the opportunity.

GorillaJu

If Adnan isn't going to be playing for the foreseeable future, I don't know why he'd sign an extension?

He's a Man Utd player – where would one be expected to go? So long as he doesn't have an agent trying to prey on a transfer fee there's no reason he'd go anywhere else.

Batigol

Banned
He's a Man Utd player – where would one be expected to go? So long as he doesn't have an agent trying to prey on a transfer fee there's no reason he'd go anywhere else.

Barca tried to sign him originally, I'm sure they'd have another crack.

Can't even make the bench, let alone the team

GorillaJu

Barca tried to sign him originally, I'm sure they'd have another crack.

Can't even make the bench, let alone the team

He's like 18 years old. If he has any confidence in his ability he'll believe that he can earn those appearances. I wouldn't be drawing conclusions from one single PL match were he didn't feature anyway.

And who would he get in ahead of at Barça? Tello, maybe? Even that is doubtful.

If he's as good as FootyGaf makes him sound, he'll show up in the team sooner rather than later.

Zabojnik

Lazio - Juve tonight, Supercup.

supercuplaziojuve.jpg

Fucking 3-5-2, I hate you with a passion. Other than that, it's going to be a bitch. Lazio is by all accounts already in championship form, we're still way behind. Wouldn't have cared that much about this match, if it wasn't for Lazio and FIGC trying to fuck us over ... everything. The venue, for one thing, which should've been our stadium. I'm also not sure why Conte is forcing Marchisio over Pogba, since il Principino is nowhere near his best form, as seen with Italy. But whatever. FORZA JUVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom