• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
Lazio - Juve tonight, Supercup.

http://shrani.si/f/37/7V/WkXNzLD/supercuplaziojuve.jpg[img]

Fucking 3-5-2, I hate you with a passion. Other than that, it's going to be a bitch. Lazio is by all accounts already in championship form, we're still way behind. Wouldn't have cared that much about this match, if it wasn't for Lazio and FIGC trying to fuck us over ... everything. The venue, for one thing, which should've been our stadium. I'm also not sure why Conte is forcing Marchisio over Pogba, since il Principino is nowhere near his best form, as seen with Italy. But whatever. FORZA JUVE.[/QUOTE]

I'll have this game at my laptop. Since its at the same time that Madrid's game. It should be an interesting match, I want to see how well Tevez has adapt to you guys.

Also I expected that Marchetti will use all his mana as he always does when playing against Juve.

Man if Dave can add some creativity in midfield and another goal scorer to pick up the slack when RVP goes on a mini drought or gets injured we can walk the league again.

But if he doesn't and fails to win the league people will look back on that and rip him to peices for it.

Hopefully if any players who have been contacted by us lately and have had reservations about joining us can now be laid to rest after yesterday.

Does it lag? Are there latency problems? Like you press X to pass but there is a second delay? This makes PS3 clubs really unbearable.

No.

There is quite a big problem with people going into the kit selection and then quitting though, for whatever reason, which is extremely annoying.

justjohn

I have to be honest, before the Swansea game, I was confident chelsea would easily dispatch utd at old Trafford next Monday but now im not so sure. I was surprised how good they were.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lazio - Juve tonight, Supercup.

supercuplaziojuve.jpg

Fucking 3-5-2, I hate you with a passion. Other than that, it's going to be a bitch. Lazio is by all accounts already in championship form, we're still way behind. Wouldn't have cared that much about this match, if it wasn't for Lazio and FIGC trying to fuck us over ... everything. The venue, for one thing, which should've been our stadium. I'm also not sure why Conte is forcing Marchisio over Pogba, since il Principino is nowhere near his best form, as seen with Italy. But whatever. FORZA JUVE.

He steps up when he needs to. :p

This game is nothing more than a curtain raiser but GOD I hope they go out and put on a show for the fans at least, our preseason was all kinds of crap.

RE:3-5-2: We have no wingers y0, what are we supposed to do? :(

He's a Man Utd player – where would one be expected to go? So long as he doesn't have an agent trying to prey on a transfer fee there's no reason he'd go anywhere else.

U18 players are open to negotiation with other clubs, and Adnan will be out of contract next summer. That's how we lost Pogba to Juventus. He's definitely being monitored.

Salazar

U18 players are open to negotiation with other clubs, and Adnan will be out of contract next summer. That's how we lost Pogba to Juventus. He's definitely being monitored.

I'm fairly confident he won't have to stooge around too long.

Giggs needs to fuck off, though. Bad enough when it was Ferguson's indulgence. Worse when the man himself is part of the staff.

GorillaJu

The point is that so long as his head is screwed on straight he'll be looking at the prospect of playing for the reigning champions and strongest team in the the best league. He may be monitored by Barcelona, oil money clubs, etc. but that shouldn't matter. He's already at a top, top club.

Pogba is kind of a special occurrence. He went to Juve because his agent convinced him it'd be in his best interests. I don't think it was, personally, but I could very well be wrong. That's why I mentioned that Januzaj's agent is a big factor.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba is kind of a special occurrence. He went to Juve because his agent convinced him it'd be in his best interests. I don't think it was, personally, but I could very well be wrong.

He's a starter for France now! He played in two World Cup qualifiers and one of them was against Spain (where he shat all over Xavi and Iniesta).

And we used him in 37 games, he couldn't ask for more!
but he should

Getting Pogba was a massive fluke though, yes. :p

I would love to see some rotation in the keepers. Lindgaard can play matches in the league cup, early FA Cup stages, easier PL matches too. He's defiantly good enough for that.

bjaelke

Picture of Willian at a night club in Liverpool floating around the internet. Turns out it's just a random dude at a gay bar :lol

The guy who posted the picture has a lot to explain...

GorillaJu

He's a starter for France now! He played in two World Cup qualifiers and one of them was against Spain (where he shat all over Xavi and Iniesta).

And we used him in 37 games, he couldn't ask for more!
but he should

Getting Pogba was a massive fluke though, yes. :p

True. He's definitely kick-started his career at an earlier age. I guess I overemphasize stability, when many players benefit from floating around from team to team.

If you're being completely honest, how long do you see him staying at Juve? If he continues to develop, he could be a real world beater and would have attention from all of the richest clubs, and I'm sure PSG in particular would love to have his signature.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
True. He's definitely kick-started his career at an earlier age. I guess I overemphasize stability, when many players benefit from floating around from team to team.

If you're being completely honest, how long do you see him staying at Juve? If he continues to develop, he could be a real world beater and would have attention from all of the richest clubs, and I'm sure PSG in particular would love to have his signature.

Two seasons, at most.
he could always pull a Nedved but that 'era' is long gone innit

I don't see him going to PSG, unless they somehow turn into a genuinely WC team and not just a band of mercenaries. Buying him won't make sense either since they already have their own young promising Judas.

Having said that, I'd rather swap him with Verratti than sell him to Madrid that's for sure.

Meier

I have to be honest, before the Swansea game, I was confident chelsea would easily dispatch utd at old Trafford next Monday but now im not so sure. I was surprised how good they were.
United weren't particularly good. Swansea just didn't have the talent to break them down when they were in United's end -- they kept lofting terrible balls into the box and praying. Chelsea have the players to test United. RVP was the reason they won. He obviously makes them very dangerous every week.

TLOU tricked me. You're outside Travis County and I get all excited that it's gonna take place in Austin then BOOM 20 years later. :(

GorillaJu

Watching Wolfsburg vs Schalke highlights and I'd say Luiz Gustavo is worth every penny. PL myopia never ceases to astound.

Giggs needs to fuck off, though. Bad enough when it was Ferguson's indulgence. Worse when the man himself is part of the staff.

That deflected assist seriously flattered his performance yesterday. There's no way he starts against Chelsea. At least, I hope not.

The point is that so long as his head is screwed on straight he'll be looking at the prospect of playing for the reigning champions and strongest team in the the best league. He may be monitored by Barcelona, oil money clubs, etc. but that shouldn't matter. He's already at a top, top club.

Pogba is kind of a special occurrence. He went to Juve because his agent convinced him it'd be in his best interests. I don't think it was, personally, but I could very well be wrong. That's why I mentioned that Januzaj's agent is a big factor.

Ah, making regular first-team appearances for a league champion side is arguably in his best interests. He's on the plane to the World Cup now, which wouldn't have happened if he'd stayed. You only have one career as a professional and loyalty works both ways; I know I'd do the same if I was that special a player.

As for Adnan, he's perhaps a less rare stock of player than Pogba (who is potentially a complete midfielder, already a dominant one regardless of age), although no less talented, so I think we have a much better chance of retaining him. The only team I could see him leaving United for is a top side promising him first team football (again, Juventus is the prime danger; his agent confirmed their interest - and Barca's - back in July) but unlike Pogba he'd probably only be able to secure a sideways move onto the bench elsewhere, which works in our favour. United fans are just getting antsy about him signing on the dotted line; there's been a few lost talents recently.

Manager

Didn't see it posted. There's interviews all over today with Fernandinho, claiming Chelsea bid for him this summer and Tottenham last summer. Big coaches hunting him it seems...

GorillaJu

Watching Wolfsburg vs Schalke highlights and I'd say Luiz Gustavo is worth every penny. PL myopia never ceases to astound.

That deflected assist seriously flattered his performance yesterday. There's no way he starts against Chelsea. At least, I hope not.

Ah, making regular first-team appearances for a league champion side is arguably in his best interests. He's on the plane to the World Cup now, which wouldn't have happened if he'd stayed. You only have one career as a professional and loyalty works both ways; I know I'd do the same if I was that special a player.

As for Adnan, he's perhaps a less rare stock of player than Pogba (who is potentially a complete midfielder, already a dominant one regardless of age), although no less talented, so I think we have a much better chance of retaining him. The only team I could see him leaving United for is a top side promising him first team football (again, Juventus is the prime danger; his agent confirmed their interest - and Barca's - back in July) but unlike Pogba he'd probably only be able to secure a sideways move onto the bench elsewhere, which works in our favour. United fans are just getting antsy about him signing on the dotted line; there's been a few lost talents recently.

You probably do have reason to be antsy with Pogba and Morrison lost - and like I said, I probably overvalue stability. If I were a player in Januzaj's position, I wouldn't be looking around for a way out. If he gets to be 20 years old and isn't being given a look in, then it's definitely time to seek a transfer. But at the moment I just don't see that happening.

Walshy

Liverpool game was great of MOTD. Begovic was outstanding, Arsenal should sign him if they want to progress.

Barkley was brilliant for Everton too, going to be some player.

Nicktendo86

Why? This is the same squad that won the league by 11 points last year, have they suddenly become shit? This talk that Chelsea will walk the title because Mourinho is back is getting a bit annoying, no way Jose.

Manager

The Telegraph version is offline, but some quotes from the Fernandinho interview:

Here is a 28-year-old who waived £4 million in fees and bonuses owed to him by the Ukrainian club in order to finally make the move to the Premier League. He asks: “Why should people be surprised by that? Maybe England should have more players who don’t only think of money If I only wanted money and a comfortable life from my career, I would have stayed in the Ukraine.”

“It was a desperate situation I was in at the time,” he says. “I was desperate to have a barbecue, I love eating meat from a barbecue and it was so long since I had had one. The only place I could have one was in the garage so I had it in there. It was so cold I couldn’t go outside. I moved the cars out, put the central heating on. It was nice, actually.”

It could have been Chelsea, rather than City — “I know there were negotiations between Shakhtar and Chelsea,” Fernandinho says — but the Ukrainian club, interestingly, “made it clear” they would prefer to sell to City. “Shakhtar told me they had refused an offer,” he says. “There was also a stage a year ago when I spoke to people from Tottenham, but nothing came of that.”

“Of course, I will be paid as a professional footballer, but the only thing I am greedy for is success,” Fernandinho explains. “In my country we say that football is like a huge plate of food — well, I want to eat everything because I want to win every trophy that I can for City.”

“I aim to help my team-mates by making assists and, of course I like to score goals. I also understand that I have a responsibility to try to stop the other team, so marking and tackling are just as important to my game. I feel well suited to the game that is played in the Premier League.”

“A lot of Brazilians have played in the Premier League, with mixed results. Will I be different? Well, personally speaking, I think one of my biggest qualities is my consistency I am a balanced footballer.” And a balanced person

“Of course, I will be paid as a professional footballer, but the only thing I am greedy for is success,” Fernandinho explains. “In my country we say that football is like a huge plate of food — well, I want to eat everything because I want to win every trophy that I can for City.”

:lol

Salvadora

“I was desperate to have a barbecue, I love eating meat from a barbecue and it was so long since I had had one. The only place I could have one was in the garage so I had it in there.
So he moved to Manchester?

Manager

Added:
Here is a 28-year-old who waived £4 million in fees and bonuses owed to him by the Ukrainian club in order to finally make the move to the Premier League. He asks: “Why should people be surprised by that? Maybe England should have more players who don’t only think of money If I only wanted money and a comfortable life from my career, I would have stayed in the Ukraine.”

Some papers say he said he earned more at Shakhtar than City, but I'm not sure I've seen a direct quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom