• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing result today, but, really, it wasn't surprising. Always thought Villa would give us a game. Benteke is a monster, we should pay whatever Villa are asking for.

SPEND SOME FUCKIN' MONEY

Fry

ibbwdOtcSJva7X.gif

i01dhCJcjq8aD.gif

The Superior Django.

K1LLER7

HNGGGG

If he can consistently play like he did today, he'll be a massive player for United.

Think he's looked different ever since that game against Madrid at the Bernabeu. Seems to react quicker on the ball, gives 100%, always trys to pick the ball up and run with it when he has the chance.

Very similar to sturridge imo, just needs to work on his finishing. Although today he was brilliant in that department.

rodvik

OT4 || it's time to talk about Agbonlahor

You know I love him. His pace, power, ruthlessness. I will admit though if he didnt play for Villa I would hate him, he can be a real cunt. Gets in the refs ear all the time, mocks opposing players, very happy to go down, taunts opposing fans. Yeah he can be a cunt.

You saw Crawl Space yesday, yeah?

What did you think of the show after S2 ended until up to the point you've watched.
Tbh up until the end of s3 I thought...the show is good but I don't think it's amazing, infact if I was watching it week to week I can imagine I might have even stopped watching it.

But s4, and Crawl Space.

:O

Actually took my breath away. Starting S5 tonight.

Suen

Is there a clause in Wenger's contract that guarantees him a share of the money they don't spend? I mean at this point that's something that should be investigated. ;-)
I don't think they need to worry about him evading taxes at least so it should be good there.

Wilbur

Banned
Welbz and Giggs swapped positions a fair amount today, alternated between left wing and behind RVP. Want Welbz and Kagawa to do that instead of one or the other permanently put on the wing.

Rooney can sit on the bench until after the transfer window closes and he grovels like a bitch.

It was pretty bad but his reaction was one of a scumbag and it makes me think the one last season was no fluke

Just seen that Gary Parkinson has locked in syndrome, that shit terrifies me

Yeah he seems like a little prick; shame because he's a good player. But he went in hard and then acted like he was the one offended against. Merkle.

HNGGGG

If he can consistently play like he did today, he'll be a massive player for United.

Think he's looked different ever since that game against Madrid at the Bernabeu. Seems to react quicker on the ball, gives 100%, always trys to pick the ball up and run with it when he has the chance.

Very similar to sturridge imo, just needs to work on his finishing. Although today he was brilliant in that department.

He's always been like that IMO, just his decision making is quite poor. Even today it was poor it seems, I saw the first half and a couple of times he should have passed it, noticeably when Giggs was free and he shot instead. Seen the highlights and he was faffing about before Bony's goal too.

But I maintain as I have all along he has alot of talent, and physically he's lucky to have strength and pace aswell as tidy feet. Gonna be a good player.

Today was one of those times where I had to go back and read the last 20 pages just to see the reactions.
Saving that for my bedside reading!

Welbz and Giggs swapped positions a fair amount today, alternated between left wing and behind RVP. Want Welbz and Kagawa to do that instead of one or the other permanently put on the wing.

Rooney can sit on the bench until after the transfer window closes and he grovels like a bitch.

Yeah he seems like a little prick; shame because he's a good player. But he went in hard and then acted like he was the one offended against. Merkle.

I hate that

If you wanna go in hard then act like a man when someone does on you, too many players act hard then cry when a tackle goes near em

K1LLER7

He's always been like that IMO, just his decision making is quite poor. Even today it was poor it seems, I saw the first half and a couple of times he should have passed it, noticeably when Giggs was free and he shot instead. Seen the highlights and he was faffing about before Bony's goal too.

But I maintain as I have all along he has alot of talent, and physically he's lucky to have strength and pace aswell as tidy feet. Gonna be a good player.

True, there are times where he makes the wrong decisions, but he's still young. Hopefully that will come as he plays. Last season, there were times I felt he should act a little more greedy. Have a shot, take a player on, try and do something other than pass backwards.

RVP, for example, had a chance before the 2nd goal to play the ball back to Rooney, which I at the time thought was the better move, however, he did the complete opposite and ended up scoring a screamer.

With Welbs, I think he's getting involved in games more. Before if he was asked to play left wing, he'd just stick there and play on the left, track back and help the LB at times. Now he seems to get in around the box more. He also drops deep and even today a few times, picked the ball up to carry the play forwards. His link-up play with the others has improved too imo.

Wilbur

Banned
Tweet of the day

@RFFH: Who gives a toss about Rooney's body language when Danny Welbeck's just given the greatest performance in the history of the Premier League

Zabojnik

Tweet of the day

@RFFH: Who gives a toss about Rooney's body language when Danny Welbeck's just given the greatest performance in the history of the Premier League

I knew Welback was world class material from the first time I saw him play and said so, while some United-bros were pushing for him to be sent on loan somewhere. Sweet vindication.

United legend in the making.

K1LLER7

So, Fantasy Football, I had Kagawa on the team but he didn't play. Whittaker on the bench. Was wondering, does it randomly choose who gets subbed in and does it have to be another mid?

Want those Whittaker points ;_;

So, Fantasy Football, I had Kagawa on the team but he didn't play. Whittaker on the bench. Was wondering, does it randomly choose who gets subbed in and does it have to be another mid?

Whittaker will get subbed in if he's the first amongst your 3 subs and as long as it stays within the allowed team formations (so he can't be your 6th defender).

LegoArmo

Goes in the order you put them. Except, you need a minimum of 3 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 1 attacker.

Koko

Banned

Newbie on this Fantasy Football thing, but I think that those points will be added later on.

edit: Beaten like Arsenal.

Wes

venison crêpe

I'm on 46 points with Hazard my captain and Soldado tomorrow.

K1LLER7

Whittaker will get subbed in if he's the first amongst your 3 subs and as long as it stays within the allowed team formations (so he can't be your 6th defender).

Goes in the order you put them. Except, you need a minimum of 3 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 1 attacker.

Newbie on this Fantasy Football thing, but I think that those points will be added later on.

edit: Beaten like Arsenal.
Ah thanks.

So, Whittaker points get! :D

Have it as

4Fk14U9.png

Swapped Morrison with Barkley while he's still at 4.5m

Man, seems like alot of you have Whittaker :(

Bit annoyed at myself for going against my better judgement and not selecting RVP for week 1...but I doubled up on 'Azar and Mata so hopefully it comes good.

35 points with 6 and captain to play...DGW...hopefully can get close to 100 points.

3Sixty

Southampton are a brilliant team. I want Shaw and Morgan please.

The potential in this team makes me wet.

Ward-Prowse, Shaw, Chambers where all immense today, all from the academy all 18.

Omar Rowe next to step up, kid is unbelievable.

We struggle with the last pass abit, Gaston not really worked out yet, shame we missed Coutinho.

K1LLER7

Man, seems like alot of you have Whittaker :(

Bit annoyed at myself for going against my better judgement and not selecting RVP for week 1...but I doubled up on 'Azar and Mata so hopefully it comes good.

35 points with 6 and captain to play...DGW...hopefully can get close to 100 points.

6 still to play :O

Your team full of Chelsea/City/Spurs players?

I'm thinking of dropping Shinji. Too risky with United attackers. You don't know what Moysey will do.

rodvik

Wes, AA. I hate to get your drained balls ready for yet more cumming but our semi reliable ITK's are saying we have another signing coming in next week. AM or CB would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom