• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

There's a story going around about Rooney walking straight down the tunnel instead of joining his teammates in applauding our away fans.

Just sell him to the highest bidder, already.

[FM]
"Accept bids of £35m or more. Reject lower."
[/FM]

Labadal

I don't know, his comments about 'looking elsewhere' earlier this summer are still fresh in my mind.

I think you're better off selling him. While the penalty was a mistake from the ref, i still think Kos didn't have the best of games. You guys should go for Sakho. He'd be a good signing, I think.

Less than 17 hours until we could see this:
9wCt0Q1.jpg

Degen lol

That looks painful :D

Aspas looks like he's wearing a corpses's face over his own

Fry

Daniel Agger ‏@DanielAgger 6h

Nice 3 points today. Great with 90 min. After 2 weeks out!!! And Yes I know it, I owe Simon a Pint:)) Y.N.W.A

Clegg

That's what Andy Mitten said too and he was at the game.

Oh well.

Jamie Jackson mentioned that Rooney had to have a scan on his achilles after the game. There's always the possibility that he wanted it looked at immediately.

But yeah, he really looks like he wants to be elsewhere.

He also had this to say

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ 1m

Moyes also said he was unable to say if/when anyone would be bought...
I'm beginning to think we won't be signing anyone. Saying he's "hopeful" should at least give me some confidence.

But it doesn't.

Labadal

Mignolet's English is very good. I can't wait until his accent gets up scoused up.

Wow, we have only 20 registered players for the Pl. (I know we have a lot of youngsters that don't need registration.)

Pacheco and Assaidi registered.

Alberto is 21 but not registered.

Wilbur

Banned
Thoughts on today's games:

- Swansea look poor without the ball; didn't press well, weren't at all organised. Need to work on the defensive side of things because they fell apart after our second goal when we kept countering.
- was really impressed with our pressing game today. Hope we keep that up.

- Arsenal were a shambles. Koscielny was a tad unlucky with the second pen - although Shearer's argument that he took his standing foot was a pretty sound one - but to lunge in immediately after was dumb as fuck. Podolski in the 93rd minute chasing the game was stupid as well.
- Villa have got some top pace in that squad; Aggy and Weimann are gonna cause some fucking havoc this year, let alone Tekkers.

- Nice to see Norwich and Everton both becoming more positive sides. Wolfie looks pretty good, not afraid to put himself about but his header was a technical beauty as much as anything else.
- Barkley looks brilliant. Sign him up Moyssiah

- Liverpool putting together a tasty side. Coutinho-Sturridge partnership is fucking HOT. Quite scared of going to Anfield.
- Stoke are piss poor outside their keeper. Really fucking average side.

- West Ham look alright, Cole/Nolan with Downing/Jarvis and Carroll, on paper, should cause some trouble. Diame as well, still looking good.
- Cardiff need to improve defensively for sure. Their keeper looked fucking half arsed for both the Hammers' goals

- West Brom looked a bit devoid of inspiration. Anelka could have a real impact but he needs to put in a shift. And Olsson's a cunt.
- Southampton looking more comfortable in possession than they did last year, not as uneasy when they aren't on the break. Boruc save at the end was fucking top.

- Sunderland a bit unlucky today, seemed to have all the chances. Would worry until Fletch comes back that they'll put the goals away. Sess move confirmed?
- Fulham need some bodies in midfield but they've got quite a nice team really, some really good technically adept players.

K1LLER7

Jamie Jackson mentioned that Rooney had to have a scan on his achilles after the game. There's always the possibility that he wanted it looked at immediately.

But yeah, he really looks like he wants to be elsewhere.

He also had this to say

I'm beginning to think we won't be signing anyone. Saying he's "hopeful" should at least give me some confidence.

But it doesn't.

Woodward is still missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom