• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know those acronyms? Did you not do GCSE IT? :p I highlighted the ones you got right lol

Ha fair enough. Just fyi, we'll be overclocking that CPU of yours too.

I got an E because the coursework was set up in a way that meant if you failed to get a mark, all marks after it became impossible to achieve. So if you forgot to include an introductory paragraph, you couldn;t get any marks for any of the later work. Thinking about taking a course so I can get some kind of IT qualification, the standalone E looks terrible on my CV :(

Re: the overclocking, I just had an image of my house burning down due to a misplaced blob of solder. Does it not void the warranty of all of the components when you overclock?

elseanio

Need to get around to W8 on my pc, but can't be fucked with the hassle of moving everything to another HDD so I can format. I miss the almost instant startup I had with W8

I would have been on W8 on my new PC from the start, but hadn't realised my "upgrade key" was a one-time only use :(

Scum

"All of a sudden, PSVita seems like a no-brainer purchase"

No.

5YRcF.gif

I just made a Notebook document to keep track of what I'm doing

Parts needed (check with kharma before ordering!):

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: MSI GTX670 2GB Twin Frozr Power Edition Overclocked NVidia PCIe Graphics Card with free Splinter Cell Blacklist
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Hard-Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power L8 530W PSU

Mouse: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Keyboard: Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard
Mousemat: Sharkoon 1337 Gaming Mouse Mat
Controller: Xbox 360 Controller

Parts bought:

RAM: G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready)
USB Memory Stick: Kingston Technology DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB Flash Drive - Frustration Free Packaging

Parts delivered:

Parts assembled:

Questionable parts:

Webcam
Old keyboard (see if it still works)
HDMI cable

I'm quite enjoying it, can see myself easily drowning in information and options if I try and go too quickly, taking it slowly at the moment

Nice. Not sure about Win8 though. But that's just me.

kharma45

Do I get a free cookie now? :D

Just my infinite respect.

I got an E because the coursework was set up in a way that meant if you failed to get a mark, all marks after it became impossible to achieve. So if you forgot to include an introductory paragraph, you couldn;t get any marks for any of the later work. Thinking about taking a course so I can get some kind of IT qualification, the standalone E looks terrible on my CV :(

Re: the overclocking, I just had an image of my house burning down due to a misplaced blob of solder. Does it not void the warranty of all of the components when you overclock?

Yeah you should repeat and get your GCSE IT.

Overclocking won't affect your warranty and is extremely easy to do. All your're doing in your BIOS is changing two values for your CPU, the multiplier and voltage. That's it, so easy to do and it's a free linear performance increase.

Need to get around to W8 on my pc, but can't be fucked with the hassle of moving everything to another HDD so I can format. I miss the almost instant startup I had with W8

I would have been on W8 on my new PC from the start, but hadn't realised my "upgrade key" was a one-time only use :(

You sure you can't re-use that key again on the same machine?

List of parts looks good, been a while since I last upgraded my computer

It reminds me a bit of collecting lego, I want to sit down surrounded by parts, with no clue how to assemble them effectively.

Couple of questions

Do PC parts still have that garish packaging with CGI vampire-chicks and snarling orcs on them?

Is there any chance of getting better deals on parts by going into PC World, or is it always cheaper online?

Anyone gonna do that 15 months for the price of 12 PS+ renewal offer?

Scum

It reminds me a bit of collecting lego, I want to sit down surrounded by parts, with no clue how to assemble them effectively.

Couple of questions

Do PC parts still have that garish packaging with CGI vampire-chicks and snarling orcs on them?

Is there any chance of getting better deals on parts by going into PC World, or is it always cheaper online?

Stay away from PC World. Get your shit online.

kharma45

Couple of questions

Some do yes.

99% of the time it'll be cheaper online.

dc89

Goodbye sweet Denis. I'm sorry to see you go.

You're worth more than the £1.5m rising to £7m we're getting for you. I dunno know why Txiki or Marwood have negotiated a first option or 20% sell on because when Barca slap a £100m buy out clause on you ITS FUCKING WORTHLESS!

operon

Couple of questions

Anyone gonna do that 15 months for the price of 12 PS+ renewal offer?

Some of them probably still do, the gamer orientated stuff. The first time I upgraded a computer I swapped out my Pentium 120 for a win chip with got promptly fried as it was the wrong voltage, and I only had 12 megs of ram

Goodbye sweet Denis. I'm sorry to see you go.

You're worth more than the £1.5m rising to £7m we're getting for you. I dunno know why Txiki or Marwood have negotiated a first option or 20% sell on because when Barca slap a £100m buy out clause on you ITS FUCKING WORTHLESS!

Its kinda depressing seeing what's happened to your youth team, as much as we laugh about it. Nobody expects you to develop Messis and Coutinhos, but you should be developing players who are deemed worthy of squad places at City. Suarez should have been given Sinclair's minutes last season, at the very least.

Honest question for you and other City fans:

Is there a lack of talnt in the youth ranks, or are you failing to even begin to give them the transition into the first team that they need at a certain point?

dc89

Apparently United are on the verge of signing 16 year old Gabriel Fernando after he left City earlier in the month.

Following in the footsteps of Vesseli.

dc89

Its kinda depressing seeing what's happened to your youth team, as much as we laugh about it. Nobody expects you to develop Messis and Coutinhos, but you should be developing players who are deemed worthy of squad places at City. Suarez should have been given Sinclair's minutes last season, at the very least.

Honest question for you and other City fans:

Is there a lack of talnt in the youth ranks, or are you failing to even begin to give them the transition into the first team that they need at a certain point?

We've got some great young players. We struggle getting them into the first team.

It's a crying shame.

Did they mention the price tags for PS4 & X1 games? £€65, no doubt.

Pretty sure MS have discussed game pricing. I think first party games are £55RRP. It's on their website I think, the MS store.

kharma45

That's another reason to hold off on the next gen consoles for me then, game pricing is crazy. If I really wanted a new release game on PC you're talking £20 or so.

The same CPU and Motherboard as Hitcher I think and the R4 case which is great!

Did you get an additional cooler or not? That Hyper 212 Evo?

R4 is a great case. Looks good, it's quiet and has great cable management.

Happy days! I forget what I told you to get, all I remember is the Fractal R4 case.

Card itself is sexy enough

Always meant to ask, are they fans or vents on graphics cards? They look like fans, but I don't see the moving parts that would allow them to spin. I'm guessing they're vents shaped to recieve as much air as possible from the cooling system

We've got some great young players. We struggle getting them into the first team.

It's a crying shame.

I think it'll get better, the longer you spend in and around the top. At the moment it seems like you're trying to find the correct squad size to compete in the many competitions. Once you get that down, you'll know where the spaces are in the squad that can be filled with the young players. Plus, maybe give a few of them a runout in the domestic cups, and try to do well enough in the CL to leave a dead rubber match or two at the end of the group stage.

kharma45

Always meant to ask, are they fans or vents on graphics cards? They look like fans, but I don't see the moving parts that would allow them to spin. I'm guessing they're vents shaped to recieve as much air as possible from the cooling system.

Those things that look like fans are fans :p

omgkitty

Tottenham sure are slow to make deals. So are Madrid for that matter.

Come onnnnn, I want to tease friends about Bale leaving :[

Is anyone quick to make deals? I feel like with Arsenal when we make a deal, it takes a week after the deal is basically done before we announce a player. I remember Santi taking forever to be announced.

Manager

It's a crying shame.

Pretty sure MS have discussed game pricing. I think first party games are £55RRP. It's on their website I think, the MS store.

Which players do you reckon have been overlooked? It's not like the youth teams have had much success lately...

panty

I just made a Notebook document to keep track of what I'm doing

Parts needed (check with kharma before ordering!):

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: MSI GTX670 2GB Twin Frozr Power Edition Overclocked NVidia PCIe Graphics Card with free Splinter Cell Blacklist
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Hard-Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power L8 530W PSU

Mouse: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Keyboard: Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard
Mousemat: Sharkoon 1337 Gaming Mouse Mat
Controller: Xbox 360 Controller

Parts bought:

RAM: G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready)
USB Memory Stick: Kingston Technology DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB Flash Drive - Frustration Free Packaging

Parts delivered:

Parts assembled:

Questionable parts:

Webcam
Old keyboard (see if it still works)
HDMI cable

I'm quite enjoying it, can see myself easily drowning in information and options if I try and go too quickly, taking it slowly at the moment
Skip the Samsung 840 SSD. Take Samsung's 830 or 840 Pro instead. They are better. 840 Pro > 830 > 840. Also do you have a connection with Win8? Why 8 instead of 7? Serious question.

Manager

Not that I know of - either way, it's a different machine anyway. Just wish there was some way of de-authorising my old setup and using the key on my new pc

I've heard it's possible to call ms and unlock oem keys, claiming your hard drive crashed or parts got stolen.

kharma45

Skip the Samsung 840 SSD. Take Samsung's 830 or 840 Pro instead. They are better. 840 Pro > 830 > 840. Also do you have a connection with Win8? Why 8 instead of 7? Serious question.

840 is perfectly fine. 840 Pro is overpriced and not needed unless you do lots of writing to the SSD. 830 is EoL and isn't available in most places. 840 Evo is out now but price is still high.

Windows 8 will be getting DX 11.2, 7 won't. Easy reason to go with it amongst many others.

PCs are confusing :p
plus i don't have any space in my house for one :(

also my phone's keyboard is the best I've used. Loving the camera on it too.

Yeah the keyboard on Windows Phone is superb, as is the autocorrect and prediction. I love the OIS in the 92x series of cameras, makes pictures at night turn out great and video quality is ace because of that too. Taken many videos? Sound quality is ace.

All dem moving parts, all those things that can break :D

Truth me told, my MSI Twin Frozr GPU did die of a broken fan bearing :p only time that has ever happened though.

Not that I know of - either way, it's a different machine anyway. Just wish there was some way of de-authorising my old setup and using the key on my new pc

I've heard it's possible to call ms and unlock oem keys, claiming your hard drive crashed or parts got stolen.

Yeah call MS and they might get you sorted with a new one. Just say your rig died and you needed to replace parts like the mobo or HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom