• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

It's actually two hours. It did it with seconds to spare.

639606160.jpg

Is this ICO?

Zabojnik

Levyyyyyy. Baldooooo. I can't imagine the reactions if Spurs were to miss top 4 again with the squad they're building. Seems impossible, tbh.

OMG, I'm turning into Viva!

GQman2121

Banned
What injury is Bale currently carrying that prevented him from playing on Sunday? Is he training?

Do you have to play it like a racing game, taking a racing line through the corners and turns, restarting whenever you go off by a few feet?

Not really. Only one section with the shadows where the AI Yorda can really fuck you and waste a ton of time. But if you otherwise know what you're doing, it's not that difficult. You'll avoid 90% of the battles really by running. I think the record is under 90 mins.

Interesting numbers that suggest that, under AVB, Spur's total outlay minus sales is only £22m, AND there's been a reduction in the wage budget:

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/spurs-spent-22m-net-transfer-window/

Obviously that number doesn't include any potential signings from today (Willian, Lamela etc). It does suggest, though, that perhaps the Bale sale isn't necessary even if it is likely (personally, I still think it's gonna happen, though I don't want it to). The point is, we can afford for it not to.

jesalr

What injury is Bale currently carrying that prevented him from playing on Sunday? Is he training?

Foot injury. In the squad for the Tbilisi game though, which is slightly odd.

Richard Trevisani @ RickyTrevisani 12m
In Madrid: Lamela-Rome-Tottenham us the details. Missing signatures but there is total agreement. 6 years contract to the player. From 2.4 to rise
Another SkySportsItaly reporter saying it's pretty much there. Can I get hype yet?

Is anyone quick to make deals? I feel like with Arsenal when we make a deal, it takes a week after the deal is basically done before we announce a player. I remember Santi taking forever to be announced.

True, but the Bale saga has gone on for too long :[

It's gone from ripping on friends about him possibly leaving and them being adamant that he'll stay, to them being resigned to the likelihood of him signing elsewhere.

I wanted a sudden, out of nowhere transfer so I could laugh at them :[

Zabojnik

Chelsea - Bentekkers and Fener - Arsenal at the same time tonight. Should I follow the 'if in doubt, always go with Arsenal' rule?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
---------Soldado-----
Bale---Willian---Lamela
---Dembele--Paulinho---

God DAMN. Bale, just stay for one more season, I want to see this in action!

Carbonox

---------Soldado-----
Bale---Willian---Lamela
---Dembele--Paulinho---

Even if Bale goes, this will still be terrifying:

-------------Soldado--------------
Willian---Dembele---Lamela
-------Sandro--Paulinho-------

Meier

Honest question for you and other City fans:

Is there a lack of talnt in the youth ranks, or are you failing to even begin to give them the transition into the first team that they need at a certain point?
Mancini had no interest in playing youth so it seems they kinda died on the vine. Manuel is apparently more willing to do it, but I'm sure in this first year of his deal there is a certain level of concern about the team performing at the highest level so he's probably reticent to do so. With Suarez leaving, we still have a few gems but they're very young and probably at least 2 years away from contributing. In terms of remaining major talents: Jules Ntcham (French midfielder), Marcos Lopes (Portuguese attacker, top academy player now probably -- City's youngest ever goalscorer after his goal in the FA Cup last season), Mathias Bosaerts (Belgian CB) and Jose Angel Pozo (Spanish striker) are very promising. Albert Rusnak looked pretty good during the Chelsea friendlies.

Abdul Razak and Karim Rekik are probably the best young players who are in that fringe first team/EDS level right now.

Sánto @Zizouology
BREAKING: Total agreement between Tottenham, Roma and Erik Lamela. Only thing left is the signing of a 6-year contract [Sky Italy]

LLShC.gif
Great signing. Smart to lock him up for 6 years too -- he is a star in the making and that should help put off anyone (Madrid) trying to poach him for at least a handful of years.

Think the word is he has a butt injury if I recall. No joke.

GQman2121

Banned
---------Soldado-----
Bale---Willian---Lamela
---Dembele--Paulinho---

Literally purchasing a new team there. Spurs and City have made some incredible signings this summer. The league is stronger than it was this time last year. Just look at the influx of talent that has been added across the board.

Bale had a buttock injury but in recent weeks its been said he has a foot injury.

Lamela and Willian would make me fucking happy. So happy.

One thing this does mean, is that all the noobs are going to start adding Spurs to their list of teams to use in Fifa if we actually get Lamela and Willian >_<

omgkitty

Can;t see it happening this season. Thought it would at the beginning of summer, but Arsenal are going into the season weaker than they ended the last unless Wenger pulls his finger out

You never know. These past few years I'm always surprised where we finished. At the beginning of every season everyone says "LOL ARSENLOL" never gonna finish in the top 4 this season. We were laughed at after that drubbing by Man U two seasons ago and still made it. I'm still holding my judgments until after September 2nd.

Carbonox

One thing this does mean, is that all the noobs are going to start adding Spurs to their list of teams to use in Fifa if we actually get Lamela and Willian >_<

Haven't used Lamela in FIFA before but Willian - barring the flair - is only 'decent' in the game. Much better players in his position. Willian's your typical flairy fairy who doesn't really offer much else.

Might change now that he gets put in a good team (Anzhi fucking lost to Newcastle so fuck you Russia), and is given some proper good stats.

Showaddy

---------Soldado-----
Bale---Willian---Lamela
---Dembele--Paulinho---

This might seem a bit picky but I don't think we'll see Dembele & Paulinho play much together this season. They just looked waaay to similar against CP, one of Sandro/Capoue are guaranteed a start.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh finally the full gif!

My former team? Who cares!

ilCmvFaD9diEF.gif

This might seem a bit picky but I don't think we'll see Dembele & Paulinho play much together this season. They just looked waaay to similar against CP, one of Sandro/Capoue are guaranteed a start.

You're probably right but I'd still go for that lineup. They need someone to sweep the carnage they leave behind them :p

Literally purchasing a new team there. Spurs and City have made some incredible signings this summer. The league is stronger than it was this time last year. Just look at the influx of talent that has been added across the board.

It will be a fucking war zone if United and Arsenal can add players.

Wilbur

Banned
Think the best Spurs can hope for this season is fourth and even then its at a push because Arsenal have the know how; there's an awful lot of talent in that Spurs team but everyone bar Dembele and Lennon (if he starts) are either new to the squad or in Sandro's case been out a year. Coentrao's off now though?

If they get fourth this season, then they push on and AVB stays. If they get fifth, expect them to get fourth next year but without AVB.

Certainly a shout for best first XI in the league though; on paper its pretty fucking great. Walker and Rose are the weak links but aren't actually weak, Kaboul needs to stay away from injury, and there's some acclimatising to do... but theoretically that team is top.

Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho; Lamela, Soldado, Willian

Friedel, Dawson, Naughton, Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Carroll, Chadli, Adebayor and Defoe all as substitute options. That's brilliant. They should get further in the Europa League as well with more back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom