• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Regards what I said about DoF (too many responses to quote individually)

Why I don't agree with having a DoF

I think if a coach is intimately involved in picking the players he wants a DoF to pursue then what's the point in having one? Surely a Woodward (LOL) or Ian Ayre type figure is what's needed here, a businessman...

If the coach isn't intimately involved in picking the players and is having players passed to him ala the US sport style then this creates its own set of problems of players a coach might not necessarily want being foisted on them by a DoF.

I just think for smooth operation purposes that having a manager that takes care of all this himself is the way to go.

Caveat: Maybe this works successfully on the continent, but I've been raised watching British football and I'm struggling to think of one successful instance of a DoF at a British club EVER... Maybe Baldini will be the first

For what it's worth AVB requested that Baldini be brought in from Roma to handle Spur's transfers. With Daniel Levy strict business like approach singing off on every signing it's an effective trio.

subtles

DoF is a position that shouldn't exist in football imo

A proper DoF keeps a vision and continuity in the project. A proper DoF finds Klopp, Wenger and Guardiola rather than chasing experienced names that keep the club stagnated. While the Manager is coaching the team a proper DoF builds connections around the world, leads scouts and research teams not only chasing the best talent but also finding the best methodologies for taking the team to the next level.

This is of course assuming you find a proper DoF.

loved Spurs and AVB since i was a wee lad.

I thought you'd never get over the pain AVB inflicted on you. Kudos.

bjaelke

You had to announce Ståle today? Trying to steal the spotlight.

wKOn4W7.png

Wilbur

Banned
i'm gonna watch both, hoping (expecting) an embarrasing and humilliating Arsenal loss.

Sitting pantless, huffing
Stroking gently the boner
Arsenal taken from behind
The climax is getting closer

:lol :lol :lol

Arsenal's fanbase sweating
As they prepare to say bye bye
The Turks won't let them have a taste
Without Kebab Cabaye

Fans are clamouring
As Spurs carry on like they're playing FIFA
The only thing being fingered more
Than Levy's wallet is Wenger's urethra

Meier

City are supposedly interested in signing my FM boy Nicolas Otamendi. Since Porto has been my side each year I've played (11, 12, 13), I've made a boatload off him after a few years each time. A bit surprised he hasn't been linked with other squads more often given the usual trajectory of a player at Porto. Seemed like everyone had been linked with Mangala rather than him this summer.

subtles

City are supposedly interested in signing my FM boy Nicolas Otamendi. Since Porto has been my side each year I've played (11, 12, 13), I've made a boatload off him after a few years each time. A bit surprised he hasn't been linked with other squads more often given the usual trajectory of a player at Porto. Seemed like everyone had been linked with Mangala rather than him this summer.

Clubs lower in the table should allocate their scouting budget elsewhere and just use FM. All these wonderkids becoming stars is no coincidence. Just look at the list of wonderkids from past FM games.

Wilbur

Banned
Steaua to win
Zagreb to win
Chelsea to win
Both teams to score Fener/Arsenal
Both teams to score Atleti/Barca

10 quid returns 87.01

?

Timurid

Best transfer is Varela

united not west ham

I hesitated, probably best to go double chance Schalke/Draw. Can't see them losing, but dunno if they'll win.

Returns 93.22 with everything else.
The already conceded 7 goals in 2 games in their league...

Hindle

Banned
Well then the likes of Ronaldo and Messi but get their sorry asses out of that league and find somewhere else to play.

At Madrid he has a chance to win La Liga, win the CL, make a shit load of money, becoming a global superstar.

It's not even close between the two clubs.

No disrespect to Spurs, but that's just where they stand in relation to Real Madrid.

He should leave, dont get me wrong, but stay at Spurs just for this season, where he will be in with a chance of winning the PL. Then he can leave a legend when he brings home the title.

kharma45

Change the RAM to this stuff to get dual channel, that stuff you've picked is just one DIMM http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00569K7LM/

This is a good cheap case http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005869J4O/ and I'd think about swapping your PSU to this, it's more of a known quantity http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004RJ8EKI/

Considered going the full hog and getting a Z77 + K CPU combo or is that out of budget?

Suen

don't worry, you'll always have arsenal.

;_;
We don't even want to raise more money for Guaita. Arsenal is 10x more depressing than Madrid's problems now(which aren't many). Fenerbahce are gonna fuck us up today with Wenger's blessings.

edit: fucking hate typing on a smartphone.

GorillaJu

Kolo is my favorite signing of the Summer, thus far. Though I like everyone we've brought in, I feel like he was the keenest bit of business. He's clearly at a high level of fitness, still has his composure and ability, and is a threat on attacking set pieces as well.

His passion is legendary though.

1076396-17160236-640-360.jpg

Showaddy

William's agent received £5m from Spurs.

That's quite something.

Seeing as that rumour come out of Liverpool fans on twitter I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Bear in mind our deal for Soldado stalled because Levy refused to pay £2 million to his agents.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Change the RAM to this stuff to get dual channel, that stuff you've picked is just one DIMM http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00569K7LM/

This is a good cheap case http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005869J4O/ and I'd think about swapping your PSU to this, it's more of a known quantity http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004RJ8EKI/

Considered going the full hog and getting a Z77 + K CPU combo or is that out of budget?

Sorry, I changed the mobo to this http://www.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=57528&agid=1601

My budget is around €700 so the k CPUs are a bit out of range.

omgkitty

Kolo is my favorite signing of the Summer, thus far. Though I like everyone we've brought in, I feel like he was the keenest bit of business. He's clearly at a high level of fitness, still has his composure and ability, and is a threat on attacking set pieces as well.

His passion is legendary though.

1076396-17160236-640-360.jpg

We should have kept Toure and let that piece of shit Gallas go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom