• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Villa are going to murder us. We'll have one of those games where we're pressed so hard it seems like our players can't open their eyes. Predicting Lucas to have a shocker for no particular reason. Just reckon it'll happen.

Kolo is going to shutdown Benteke. Quote me on matchday.

I don't think they needed him at all.

A slight tweaking of their system so they weren't so reliant on Messi and they would be €60m better off and could have improved their defence.

Neymar is how they become less reliant on Messi though.

They aren't going to make drastic changes to their tactical set-up, what they need is a player who can help open up space on the pitch, be a genuine threat from out wide . Villa, Pedro and Tello are all very good players but they didn't have that extra bit of quality. I think when they signed Sanchez they hoped he would be it but it didn't quite work out for them, yet.

In terms of contributors to goals nobody else in their team was pulling their weight.

Now whether they should have spent that much money on Neymar is another question, there are other players out there who could have done the job too and cost less and allowed them to spend on a CB - that I agree with.

pulga

Banned
Daily Fail tomorrow saying Wenger is going for Benzema. Bid of £40 million.

There are 2 weeks left in the window. This will not end well...

Sell our only "senior" striker? Have Arsenal and United gone full retarded this window going after unatainable targets?

dc89

802177067.gif

Feorax

Sell our only "senior" striker? Have Arsenal and United gone full retarded this window going after unatainable targets?

They probably think we'll sell Suarez to you for an extortionate fee as a replacement, and everyone will be happy.

Not a chance in hell.

Clegg

Villa actually celebrated his goal too. I like seeing that.

Sick of that don't celebrate against your old club bollocks.

Wilbur

Banned
If there's a longer gif going around that'd be lovely; Messi gets dispossessed, some really lovely passing around Barca and then the finish. Was a fucking stunning goal.

Zabojnik

Looks like Viva's been posting question to Asamoah with his alter Twitter account.

Kwadwo Asamoah ‏@Asabob20 1h
“@Felqeo: @Asabob20 why are you so cool #ASKASA” Am i? Thanks man!"

Meier

He did, yeah. Nothing crazy, but still.

Knowing there are two legs completely bummed me out. But I'll keep watching for Neygod.

Yeah, he definitely ran and had a big smile on his face. It wasn't the typical stone cold pick the ball up and walk back or something you often see against a previous team. No love lost for Villa, clearly.

Oliver on the bench for Atletico I see. I know we have been linked with him but he's too young to have any chance at getting significant minutes for City. Will be interesting to see what kind of year he has.. bet he blows up.

continuing the Adnan Zidane discussion from earlier today:

If someone as good as Januzaj can't get minutes for United's first team, then it's practically impossible for an 18 year old from the reserves to get minutes at United. I'm kind of afraid loaning him to a championship team as I'm not sure the playstyle would fit him. That and I'm afraid they're going to injure him. This would have been much easier if Young was sold. One of the reasons why I wanted him sold before the season began.

As for Powell. I'm afraid of a loan because they could play him as an attacking midfielder. That's his original position and if a team sees that he's better in that position, what's to stop them from playing him there?

Before the highlights come on, how was Lukaku. Between all the salt, Collymore sang his praises, thinks he can surpass Drogba.

He didn't do too much while he was on, had one real good shot though when he managed to turn around quickly. But was still much better than Ba.

Wilbur

Banned
Before the highlights come on, how was Lukaku. Between all the salt, Collymore sang his praises, thinks he can surpass Drogba.

Didn't do much if I'm being honest; had one good shot and got himself around but I wouldn't base too much off this. A few heavy touches, he's still quite raw. I get the feeling Mourinho doesn't trust him entirely and he knows it, leaves him a bit nervous.

Oscar and Hazard impressive without being too penetrative barring the goal, Mata looking really rusty. No one really stood out for you guys barring a few Cech saves, just your overall quality was better than Villa's despite them having the standout players (Delph, Okore and Westwood).

L1NETT

Villa actually celebrated his goal too. I like seeing that.

Sick of that don't celebrate against your old club bollocks.

Hmmm..depends on the player on the situation. Easy example, RVP was right not to celebrate. Arsenal made him, and it would have been so disrespectful to celebrate.

If Rooney leaves and comes back say for Chelsea and scores, what would you say if he didn't celebrate?

Meier

Nothing particularly noteworthy but he did have a nice turn and shoot that was wide a bit. Made something out of nothing though.

If I'm him, I tell Mou you gotta start me or loan me (not that this will necessarily work of course). Benteke is gonna wrap up the WC starting spot while Lukaku sits on the bench.

Slizz

Hmmm..depends on the player on the situation. Easy example, RVP was right not to celebrate. Arsenal made him, and it would have been so disrespectful to celebrate.

If Rooney leaves and comes back say for Chelsea and scores, what would you say if he didn't celebrate?

Probably afraid of acid reflux.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Looks like Viva's been posting question to Asamoah with his alter Twitter account.

Kwadwo Asamoah ‏@Asabob20 1h
“@Felqeo: @Asabob20 why are you so cool #ASKASA” Am i? Thanks man!"

"@D_Rimmer: @Asabob20 #ASKASA Which do you prefer? Awesomoah, KickAssamoah or KissMyAsamoah?” LOOOL "

" @JuventusNation: .@Asabob20 #ASKASA Is Barzagli trying to out-do Pirlo with his new beard?” Haha! This is a good question. AsaBeard maybe?"

“@dimaspranoto: @Asabob20 #ASKASA tell me something about Conte.” Scary man lool. He is a winner! "

Didn't do much if I'm being honest; had one good shot and got himself around but I wouldn't base too much off this. A few heavy touches, he's still quite raw. I get the feeling Mourinho doesn't trust him entirely and he knows it, leaves him a bit nervous.

That's golden lol

Just wait for Mou to start with him against you guys, will end like your last match against the beast..

Clegg

They're football players. Imo they have the right to celebrate whenever they score. I don't see it as insulting to the players old club.

But then there was the Adebayor thing where he deliberately went out if his way to wind up the Arsenal fans. That kind of thing isn't on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom