• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
continuing the Adnan Zidane discussion from earlier today:

If someone as good as Januzaj can't get minutes for United's first team, then it's practically impossible for an 18 year old from the reserves to get minutes at United. I'm kind of afraid loaning him to a championship team as I'm not sure the playstyle would fit him. That and I'm afraid they're going to injure him. This would have been much easier if Young was sold. One of the reasons why I wanted him sold before the season began.

As for Powell. I'm afraid of a loan because they could play him as an attacking midfielder. That's his original position and if a team sees that he's better in that position, what's to stop them from playing him there?

Our problem is that our squad is too bloated. I think those guys should be getting minutes too but there's just too many players who need gametime at the club, ideally we should have shifted one or two to make space.

United have always loaned their young players out though. Giggs is the only one we didn't. I remember Ferguson saying once that he felt it was important for players to go out and learn what football is like away from a club like United so when they come back they appreciate it and have discipline.

Don't know if I really agree with that fully and the game is different nowadays...but I can see the benefit. Agree with your concerns though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cunte is the next Fergus.

According to Tevez too.
KuGsj.gif

If I'm him, I tell Mou you gotta start me or loan me (not that this will necessarily work of course). Benteke is gonna wrap up the WC starting spot while Lukaku sits on the bench.

Mou has already said there will be quite a bit of rotation. Lukaku will get his chance and he has already accepted the challenge, bitching to Mou and giving a loan or play me BS (especially this early) is going to earn him nothing.

"For a club the size of Chelsea you need a strong squad like that. There are plenty of striking options but it is up to us to perform," he said.

"Have I been given any idea on where I am in the pecking order? That’s confidential."

So yeah. watch him start against UTD.

Wilbur

Banned
That's golden lol

Just wait for Mou to start with him against you guys, will end like your last match against the beast..

He looks far more rusty now than he did at any point for West Brom last year; can't really judge it off much because he's only played an hour over both matches but there was a fair few rusty passes and touches.

He should have started him tonight against players like Vlaar, Clark and Okore, big players who are stronger than Ba. He didn't, and I don't know if its just because he should give Ba a chance. Not saying he doesn't like him, but realistically Chelsea - if they want someone like Rooney - they should be looking to offload one of Torres and Ba. If so, why are they still starting over Lukaku?

subtles

Barcelona hitting the deck all over. There's no need lads, keep the ball, caress the ball, do the things you were proud about two seasons ago.

Wes

venison crêpe
Jose complaining about how we play football and having a dig at our manager? Lambert brushing it off in his press conference with style.

Zabojnik

“@dimaspranoto: @Asabob20 #ASKASA tell me something about Conte.” Scary man lool. He is a winner! "

Cunte is the next Fergus.

I burst out laughing the other day watching the Supercup. Vidal went for a useless through-pass that completely missed our strikers and you could hear Conte yelling "VERGOGNA!" (Shameful! / Shame on you!) in the background. I love this man.

What's Januzaj's best position?

It's so unclear. He just sort of drifts around being hit and miss.
We play him all over so it's hard to be sure but I think so far RW.

He would be best at #10 I think but he hasn't shown an eye for goal so he probably couldn't play there until he starts finding the net.

He looks far more rusty now than he did at any point for West Brom last year; can't really judge it off much because he's only played an hour over both matches but there was a fair few rusty passes and touches.

He should have started him tonight against players like Vlaar, Clark and Okore, big players who are stronger than Ba. He didn't, and I don't know if its just because he should give Ba a chance. Not saying he doesn't like him, but realistically Chelsea - if they want someone like Rooney - they should be looking to offload one of Torres and Ba. If so, why are they still starting over Lukaku?

So they can at least get a proper chance? Especially Torres barely had time to show anything in pre season. You're talking shit about looking rusty and I bet my left testicle you didn't watch more than a few of West Broms games with Lukaku.

Off loading a player if Rooney comes is a big if. Mourinho and the chelsea staff knows more about that situation than we do. Of course if he comes Torres or Ba would have to go, but trying Ba now surely should give a good indication of how desperate the club needs to be in trying to get Rooney.

and since when has Okore become big? Dude is tiny for a CB (the reason Klopp dropped him) and only really strong by Superliga measurements.

Loooooool

The main story on the back of tmrws Sun is about Wenger being distraught that he has another £25m to spend cos they qualified for the CL (pretty much).

Hahahaha

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I burst out laughing the other day watching the Supercup. Vidal went for a useless through-pass that completely missed our strikers and you could hear Conte yelling "VERGOGNA!" (Shameful! / Shame on you!) in the background. I love this man.
Fucking hell
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
that's kinda counterproductive.
What's Januzaj's best position?
This is too easy, Arnie.

Wilbur

Banned
So they can at least get a proper chance? Especially Torres barely had time to show anything in pre season. You're talking shit about looking rusty and I bet my left testicle you didn't watch more than a few of West Broms games with Lukaku.

Off loading a player if Rooney comes is a big if. Mourinho and the chelsea staff knows more about that situation than we do. Of course if he comes Torres or Ba would have to go, but trying Ba now surely should give a good indication of how desperate the club needs to be in trying to get Rooney.

and since when has Okore become big? Dude is tiny for a CB (the reason Klopp dropped him) and only really strong by Superliga measurements.

I can understand Torres playing but I don't get your point of playing Ba to show that you need Rooney. There's no point behind that. You don't play him to show that you're getting someone else in, that makes far more sense. You've got a young centre forward coming back from loan and eager to impress, throw him in at the deep end against United or first play him against a Villa side you tonked 8-0 the last time you played? I think Mourinho made the wrong choice going for Ba over Lukaku tonight, irrespective of who he picks for the United game.

I wouldn't say I'm talking shit at all, he made two or three really heavy passes tonight which ran away from Hazard and Oscar. It didn't matter too much anyway. Saw West Brom probably near to ten times last year, saw Lukaku a fair amount. At times he looked a world beater, at times he looked raw as anything. From the hour he's played this season - nowhere near a good amount of time to judge him, especially when he's a sub - he's looked raw. Which he is, no shame in it. But if Mourinho really trusted him while trying to get one of Ba or Torres out the door and bring someone else in to start over Lukaku, I think he would have started with him over one of these two teams.

Meier

LMAO at this tweet by the Tanc. Glad Mangoverboard RTed it.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 27m
If Spanish League executives have scheduled the game at this hour, we must assume they don't know this is the hour to make love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom