• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Gold Member
Congrats to the arse that was the score I was expecting. No preseason and a new manager probably a good idea to write off even 3rd place in the league this season.

Sorry lambda bro

Arnie

We play him all over so it's hard to be sure but I think so far RW.

He would be best at #10 I think but he hasn't shown an eye for goal so he probably couldn't play there until he starts finding the net.

And I think that answers United fans' questions about why Januzaj isn't playing.

He's not sufficiently quick or good enough in a one v one to play on the wing for United, nor is he enough of a goal threat to play centrally. Essentially, you don't play for United's first team because you can slot a weighted through ball to the byline.

Januzaj is one of those players who definitely needs a loan. So many aspects of his game must mature before he's even close to being a regular starter.

Suen

Congrats to the arse that was the score I was expecting. No preseason and a new manager probably a good idea to write off even 3rd place in the league this season.

Sorry lambda bro
Benfica won't even last in the group stage of CL, can't even beat glorious Maritimo.

About the game: I thought we'd be in a much worse position than you guys but it seems Fenerbahce have had it's share of problems recently. To be honest Arsenal played mostly like shit (and boring) and Fener looked soulless.

keit4

Banned
The three teams with the most number of spanish super cups are Barcelona (10), Real Madrid(9) and... Deportivo(3)! :D

We are still relevant lol

Suen

The three teams with the most number of super cups are Barcelona (10), Real Madrid(9) and... Deportivo(3)! :D

If the league wasn't so fucking corrupt Deportivo, Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico would be much more relevant and shining with talents who want to stay in their teams.

Zabojnik

Fucking hell
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
that's kinda counterproductive.

Nah, it's just how he is during matches / at the half-time break. There's no real malice in it, it's how he motivates the players and they know it. Otherwise Conte and Licht would be fighting every other day, lol. There was another classic Conte moment during the Supercup. We were up 4-0, Licht was playing like a god and was well on his way to claim MOTM ... What does Conte do? First he sends Alessio on the other side of the pitch with a message for Lichtsteiner. Minutes later, seeing how the message apparently wasn't received, he turns to another assistent sitting on the bench and yells "I TOLD HIM TO TO STAY PUT!" Lulz. The man just doesn't let go. Fino alla fine!

conte21.jpg

I can understand Torres playing but I don't get your point of playing Ba to show that you need Rooney. There's no point behind that. You don't play him to show that you're getting someone else in, that makes far more sense.

That's not what I said. I said you play him :

1. To see if he is good enough and make a judgement about how badly you need a new forward.
2. To maybe even send the signal to United that you aren't that depserate if you got 3 forwards you're willing to play in the squad.

As for the rest : You and no one else outside of Chelsea has any idea what plans he got for Lukaku and what he has told him. What does seem pretty clear is that both Mou is happy to have him in the squad and Lukaku has several times said he is happy to stay and fight for his spot and had good conversations with Mou about it. This shit is just pointless, don't bother worrying for Lukaku, he will do that fine himself.

Saw the exact same heavy touches quite a few times from him at West Brom and I barely watched them.

Wilbur

Banned
Guardian's five talking points on the Chelsea - Villa match. The Mata one's worth some discussion:

New Mourinho, same old Chelsea?

José Mourinho said on Tuesday that he wanted Chelsea to play with more intensity and "destroy" teams by four or five goals, admitting that his side had dropped their level against Hull City on Sunday in the second half. Yet against a well-organised Aston Villa they were again guilty of not killing the game off after taking an early lead. Mourinho's football may be wonderfully effective but in terms of entertainment it can at times fail to set the pulse racing. In the first half here Chelsea dominated possession but despite the attacking talents at their disposal could not create another clearcut scoring opportunity after the early own goal. Juan Mata, so creative last season, does not appear to slot comfortably into the team and Mourinho was visibly frustrated on one occasion when the Spaniard did not track a man. That said, they still got a result.

Shame that Mata doesn't seem to have the free rein that Ozil had for Madrid so far. Oscar's top in the centre but I can see De Bruyne playing there more than I expected over Mata.

The three teams with the most number of spanish super cups are Barcelona (10), Real Madrid(9) and... Deportivo(3)! :D

Has the segunda started yet?

And I think that answers United fans' questions about why Januzaj isn't playing.

He's not sufficiently quick or good enough in a one v one to play on the wing for United, nor is he enough of a goal threat to play centrally. Essentially, you don't play for United's first team because you can slot a weighted through ball to the byline.

Januzaj is one of those players who definitely needs a loan. So many aspects of his game must mature before he's even close to being a regular starter.
He's actually very good on a one on one, probably the best part of his game.

I agree he isn't ready for the first team though, not when we need to win every match.

Wilbur

Banned
That's not what I said. I said you play him :

1. To see if he is good enough and make a judgement about how badly you need a new forward.
2. To maybe even send the signal to United that you aren't that depserate if you got 3 forwards you're willing to play in the squad.

As for the rest : You and no one else outside of Chelsea has any idea what plans he got for Lukaku and what he has told him. What does seem pretty clear is that both Mou is happy to have him in the squad and Lukaku has several times said he is happy to stay and fight for his spot and had good conversations with Mou about it. This shit is just pointless, don't bother worrying for Lukaku, he will do that fine himself.

Saw the exact same heavy touches quite a few times from him at West Brom and I barely watched them.

:lol, I'm not worried for Lukaku. I just think that one of these first two matches was the perfect time to get him in the team and give him a few goals to endear himself to the fans, build up a rapport with the players behind him, and ease the pressure a tad. As it is - and no doubt its good for him that Mourinho shows faith for such a big game - he'll be starting against Manchester United away spearheading an attack against Ferdinand and Vidic.

And of course I have no idea what's going on at Chelsea. But there's no smoke without fire, its clear Chelsea are in for a striker and absolutely confirmed its Rooney. Which renders the first point moot; they know they want someone else in, there's no need to give Ba game time that could be going to the striker they want to keep for the future.

The second point doesn't send a message either when they keep making bids. Ba probably did play because Mourinho just wants to give him a chance. I just think he made the wrong decision.

Januzaj doesn't have Walcott's speed, but I can't say he doesn't get by players. He seems to go by players whenever he wants to. He's also gotten very good at playing with his back facing the goal after he was played as a striker for the latter part of the reserves season.

His play is very mature for his age.

The only thing he needs to develop is scoring.

Meier

Holy crap, I never really use the NeoGAF auto-reload extension (NeoGAF Live Thread is the official name apparently) I have for Chrome but I turned it on. It freaking loads a new page worth of posts on the same page! Just adds a blue bar that says "Page 63" and then continues on. That's awesome.

And of course I have no idea what's going on at Chelsea. But there's no smoke without fire, its clear Chelsea are in for a striker and absolutely confirmed its Rooney. Which renders the first point moot; they know they want someone else in, there's no need to give Ba game time that could be going to the striker they want to keep for the future.

The second point doesn't send a message either when they keep making bids. Ba probably did play because Mourinho just wants to give him a chance. I just think he made the wrong decision.

Except there is no smoke. There is pointless speculation and Lukaku (and Mou) saying they have talked and got a clear plan.

Of course it's clear that Chelsea are in for Rooney, but it's also perfectly clear that Chelsea don't want to get him at any price which makes the point perfectly fine. How desperate should he be for Rooney and how much cash should they be willing to give?

You being worried was a joke, like all the jealous voyeurs from clubs like United, Liverpool and Arsenal at least once every season going on about how Roman is losing interest.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Would probably be too much to handle for a team like Juve I know.

tumblr_mrt77oGudo1rserkno1_500.gif

Nah, it's just how he is during matches / at the half-time break. There's no real malice in it, it's how he motivates the players and they know it. Otherwise Conte and Licht would be fighting every other day, lol. There was another classic Conte moment during the Supercup. We were up 4-0, Licht was playing like a god and was well on his way to claim MOTM ... What does Conte do? First he sends Alessio on the other side of the pitch with a message for Lichtsteiner. Minutes later, seeing how the message apparently wasn't received, he turns to another assistent sitting on the bench and yells "I TOLD HIM TO TO STAY PUT!" Lulz. The man just doesn't let go. Fino alla fine!

http://cdn.sportevai.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/conte21.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nothing beats this ->

winning 3-0

[img]http://www.juvelive.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/conte-420x268.jpg

wants to kill Bonucci for misplacing one pass

Splatt

Holy crap, I never really use the NeoGAF auto-reload extension (NeoGAF Live Thread is the official name apparently) I have for Chrome but I turned it on. It freaking loads a new page worth of posts on the same page! Just adds a blue bar that says "Page 63" and then continues on. That's awesome.

That add-on is crazy good. Been using it since the WC2010.

Zabojnik

Can't find a decent Juve back cover for my Samsung Galaxy S1. Guess I'll have to buy one of the new models if I want something like this ...

inserzione22_zpsec3e83be.jpg

Yen

Similar to FasterChrome then, though FasterChrome doesn't give live updates

Wilbur

Banned
Except there is no smoke. There is pointless speculation and Lukaku (and Mou) saying they have talked and got a clear plan.

Of course it's clear that Chelsea are in for Rooney, but it's also perfectly clear that Chelsea don't want to get him at any price which makes the point perfectly fine. How desperate should he be for Rooney and how much cash should they be willing to give?

You being worried was a joke, like all the jealous voyeurs from clubs like United, Liverpool and Arsenal at least once every season going on about how Roman is losing interest.

Roman lost interest the moment Avram Grant tore his soul out his asshole

Rad-

His main priority as far as improving should be the physical side. And that would be best monitored at United I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom