• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

keit4

Banned
iIDyi6Pq2JSxb.gif

This sort of images never miss the appointment when Barça players have to actually fight for the game.

Hi doc, how are you doing? We miss you in the anait forums.

Wilbur

Banned
Mou said Mata wasn't fit to play 90 minutes… he was very quiet tonight but I'm not concerned about Mata. He's been injured, lots of competition means we don't need him to play so much. Could be why he didn't track back but also the three behind the striker need to step up on doing that anyway...

Yeah he clearly wasn't fit and getting game time is good, but I don't think playing him on the wing is the right decision. It's okay at Madrid with Ronaldo because a) Di Maria does a fantastic amount of tracking back and b) Ronaldo's physical presence alone makes him imposing if he does track back. But it doesn't really make sense to play Mata out wide when someone like Moses, De Bruyne or Schurrle will make far more of a nuisance than he would. I'd be tempted to play Mikel alongside Oscar deep so you at least have defensive solidity and then KDB-Hazard wide with Mata behind a striker.

Wilbur

Banned
Busquets is a general cunt in the way all footballers (and all Barca footballers are); getting in the ref's face and moaning when things don't go his way. One isolated incident against Inter aside, he isn't that bad. Pedro, Sanchez, Fabregas, Alves and Alba are far worse in that regard.

But Alba really is a despicable little cunt.

Messi

Busquets is a general cunt in the way all footballers (and all Barca footballers are); getting in the ref's face and moaning when things don't go his way. One isolated incident against Inter aside, he isn't that bad. Pedro, Sanchez, Fabregas, Alves and Alba are far worse in that regard.

But Alba really is a despicable little cunt.

I don't disagree

If you had free reign over FIFA, how would you punish feigned injuries? Obviously its very difficult, as you can never be sure if a player is genuinely hurt, making the most out of contact, or plain diving.

For me, I'd allow teams to report it after games with a fine given for spurious reports, and if the video review deems them to be clearly feigned in an attempt to get an opponent punished, add a yellow card to that player's account, and fine them.

Wilbur

Banned
If you had free reign over FIFA, how would you punish feigned injuries? Obviously its very difficult, as you can never be sure if a player is genuinely hurt, making the most out of contact, or plain diving.

For me, I'd allow teams to report it after games with a fine given for spurious reports, and if the video review deems them to be clearly feigned in an attempt to get an opponent punished, add a yellow card to that player's account, and fine them.

Cock in a vice, half an hour with Pulga in a brothel with four ounces of cocaine and eleven pairs of tits

Every time your boner throbs with the power of erection, the vice only gets tighter.

FootballFan

CL final/important matches would be the most full dive-athons ever then. The classiest players will dive in a CL final if all it means is they get punished for the next match.

I just don;t understand how players go through 15+ years of football training without anyone telling them in the formative years that its not acceptable to act like that.

(And yes, that goes for Suarez)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Divers receive a fine and/or a suspension in Serie A.

If they play for Juve.

CL final/important matches would be the most full dive-athons ever then. The classiest players will dive in a CL final if all it means is they get punished for the next match.

Obviously you'd get the normal punishment if the ref spots a dive, sick of referees doing fuck all about blatant injury-feigning though

pappe

Atletico need to realise that Fatcao does ot play for them anymore and stop trying to cross the ball in every chance they get. Villa will never get to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom