• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
This is like the Arsenal supporter earlier saying Koshitsney only had one bad game for Arsenal and it was all a knee jerk reaction.

:lol

He isn't comparatively bad. He's still a prick but when you watch Clasicos, he hardly stands out. Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Khedira, Valdes, Alves, Alba, Xavi, Pedro, Sanchez, Fabregas... all these players get into the little disputes and diving and referee harassing than Busquets does.

What he did against Inter was fucking hilariously evil, but Alba does it every week.

And Koscielny still blows dick. Carra showed us the light. #KyoufuWasRight

Croyles

CL final/important matches would be the most full dive-athons ever then. The classiest players will dive in a CL final if all it means is they get punished for the next match.

No, the referee will still be able to give out yellow's throughout a match, the review would be for any missed ones that the opposing team calls in, with a fine for dubious reports.
So there wouldn't be any more diving than there is now.

Still difficult to tell sometimes if something was a dive or not, but better to do something about it rather than nothing.

Wilbur

Banned
Poor defending from Atletico there, Neymar shouldn't have been allowed to come from so deep. Courtois arguably should have had the near post covered as well. Great cross from Sanchez though.

subtles

Guardian's five talking points on the Chelsea - Villa match. The Mata one's worth some discussion:

Shame that Mata doesn't seem to have the free rein that Ozil had for Madrid so far. Oscar's top in the centre but I can see De Bruyne playing there more than I expected over Mata.

Rafa had a big impact on Juan Mata last season utilizing his strengths very well. He played him as a proper number 10 (not just in position) compared to his predecessor but understood the subtlety of his play as well (I still recall him shifting Mata to the left of a 4-4-2 won Chelsea the game against United).

Mata under Rafa doubled his figures compared to the season before:

Goals/Assists (all comps)= 2011-2012 (12/23) - 2012-2013 (20/35)

Of course Mata had an amazing season, but pundits complained of how his central position weakened Chelsea in midfield. How will Mourinho see it? He had a lot of friction with Ozil (many videos on youtube) but still put his faith in him until the very end.

Enough of that though, I'm sure you lot would rather watch the game than hear me ramble.

FootballFan

Poor defending from Atletico there, Neymar shouldn't have been allowed to come from so deep. Courtois arguably should have had the near post covered as well. Great cross from Sanchez though.

That's the thing with talented players like Neymar. They get marked by 2-3 players but can still find space and get to the ball unnoticed.

Defenders could do nothing about that and goalie could just watch the beautiful finish.

:looool Messi's face on the bench ahhaha

Rafa had a big impact on Juan Mata last season utilizing his strengths very well. He played him as a proper number 10 (not just in position) compared to his predecessor but understood the subtlety of his play as well (I still recall him shifting Mata to the left of a 4-4-2 won Chelsea the game against United).

Mata under Rafa doubled his figures compared to the season before:

Goals/Assists (all comps)= 2011-2012 (12/13) - 2012-2013 (20/35)

Of course Mata had an amazing season, but pundits complained of how his central position weakened Chelsea in midfield. How will Mourinho see it? He had a lot of friction with Ozil (many videos on youtube) but still put his faith in him until the very end.

Enough of that though, I'm sure you lot would rather watch the game than hear me ramble.

He had 23 assists in 2012. He also played 10 more games in 2013. Still, even accounting for that, he did perform better in 2013

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Heartwarming story for anyone suffering from anemia.

YOU can make it too.

SaulS3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom