• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikro

Neo Member
Independent seem to think we're going to sign Will Hughes for £10 million, then Zaha him back to Derby for the season.

Steep price, but I hear the lad is something special.

He's also a Liverpool fan, has talked about it on twitter quite a bit. Read comparisons to Wilshere and that Arsenal were interested. Think he's clearly told his agent to try and engineer a move to Liverpool. Must be weird to be a teenager playing lower league and having the opportunity to move to the club you support while possibly rejecting offers from other big clubs.

Just saw this on the gaming side!

ibrTJQpnigZr32.gif

Razor554

Average performance, Neygod <3 <3 <3 What a goal. Need a gif soon.

802185516.gif

Good result considering how bad we played, especially in the first half. With this result we will win this shit cup quite easily at Camp Nou and nobody will give a shit. This useless cup should be played at preseason, not after the season have already started...

Neymar should totally start vs Malaga in weekend, especially if Messi is out of that match.

Sane_Man

Independent seem to think we're going to sign Will Hughes for £10 million, then Zaha him back to Derby for the season.

We need to do this. He's such a quality player. I don't think it'd take him long to make an impact for us, especially with another year's experience in the Championship.

Feorax

He's also a Liverpool fan, has talked about it on twitter quite a bit. Read comparisons to Wilshere and that Arsenal were interested. Think he's clearly told his agent to try and engineer a move to Liverpool. Must be weird to be a teenager playing lower league and having the opportunity to move to the club you support while possibly rejecting offers from other big clubs.

Sounds wonderful. I assume we're going to be grooming him and Suso to be Gerrard's successors then.

On an unrelated note, I'll never see Giroud in the same way again after the picture of him in the ice bath.

Dibbz

Great night. Atletico played out of their skin to get 1-1 against Barca and Arsenal on the way to CL group stage.

Great game from Arsenal after the Villa hiccup. Quadruple still on.

Yen

He's a big Liverpool fan. Would be happy if he signed, though I haven't seen much of him.

Arsene spending 100 million. Hold me

"Arsenal working on deals for Real Madrid duo Benzema & Di Maria. Also pursuing GK & defender, could spend £100m: http://bbc.in/19y8O4o #afc" @bbcsport_david

Don't believe any of this shit, what makes you think we would ever spend 100million?

Wait until Wenger is taking a press shot with them then get hyped, this advice is for your health.

K1LLER7

Guillem Balague &#8207;@GuillemBalague 35s

The Bale deal could be confirm before tomorrow night or on Friday (Real wouldn't want to overshadow Raul homage at the Bernabeu tomorrow)

Razor554

Martino: "Bartra not on the bench, no centre back there? If needed, my idea was to bring in Song and for Busquets to play as centre back."

And here i thought we are done with Song/Busquet CB's, for fuck sake. Pep must be mind controlling Tata and giving him these shit ideas from München.

Tc91

Guillem is on Talksport next talking about Benzema, Ozil to United and a Falcao down payment from United.

TalkShite?

Feorax

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to why Arsenal aren't trying to buy Begovic?

Suits Arsenal, great keeper with PL experience, big upgrade.

Suits Stoke, money coming in to help buy players to ease the transition, means Butland isn't stuck on the bench.

Cadena Cope just reported the same.

I'm sure it'll happen.

But about 10 minutes ago he said Bale's transfer would be confirmed within the next hour or two.

Then that radio station reported what you mentioned...and he changed his mind. He's an idiot.

L1NETT

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to why Arsenal aren't trying to buy Begovic?

Suits Arsenal, great keeper with PL experience, big upgrade.

Suits Stoke, money coming in to help buy players to ease the transition, means Butland isn't stuck on the bench.

Far too sensible.

Arsene gonna go for Johnny Baguette from the bottom club of Ligue 2.

Also he rarely actually shops in the PL, Arteta aside.

Stan "hit harder than you hit Ulrika" Collymore just raised a good point on Twitter - we have a game tomorrow against the Giants of Georgia - so it's pretty unlikely they'd announce a sale for Bale tomorrow. Oddly, he's even in the squad. I wonder if he'll actually be there in a THFC shellsuit!?

I hate all these stupid banned gifs, so many on GAF are obsessed with people getting banned and get all fucking erect when a mod does it so they can post their stupid fucking gifs.

That's because many of the posters on gaming side say a lot of stupid shit, so when someone gets banned they sort of deserve it. But honestly:

tumblr_m44jhlua4W1qmzo43o1_400.gif

Infamous Second Son looks stunning, but i can't stand the jerk face of the main character :/

The last trailer sets him up as an anti-hero so maybe he's supposed to be a jerk, and his looks compliment that.

subtles

So 70-75 points is what's needed to get fourth in the PL. We finished with 61 points last season meaning an additional 10 points this campaign would (based on historical data) put us in the mix for top four. When we look at the shambles that was our start to last season, is that inconceivable?

I'm not talking about our team being top four quality. Looking at last season we didn't record a win against teams above us in the table for the longest period. One shot - One goal was the motto last season against weaker teams in the league.

A game at a time, right?

valeo

Begovic always seemed like a top player to me, why do you say he's overrated?

For one, he plays for Stoke - he's given a lot of opportunity to make hollywood saves. It's very different playing for a team like Arsenal.

Just think that everyone is hyping him up based on his good performance against Liverpool.

L1NETT

Happy birthday Kharma.

I got you a Man United themed gift and bought you nothing. I did try to get a really expensive Spanish gift but it was just really unrealistic.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom