• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Happy birthday bro! Hopefully I get a signing on the 27th too!

No Ozil or Falcao talk piss off TalkShite.

I'll happily take official confirmation of Adnan getting that 5 year deal.
And a midfielder
Happy birthday Kharma.

I got you a Man United themed gift and bought you nothing. I did try to get a really expensive Spanish gift but it was just really unrealistic.

Sorry.

Bastard ye.

For one, he plays for Stoke - he's given a lot of opportunity to make hollywood saves. It's very different playing for a team like Arsenal.

Just think that everyone is hyping him up based on his good performance against Liverpool.

He's been brilliant for 2 years now.

Happy Birthday kharma, your gift will be some sick screenshots when I build that rig :D

Mikro

Neo Member
Haha Fucking hell, Will Hughes follows Tommy Robinson and the official EDL twitter account. Thought he was a bit candid with his twitter use when I occasionally looked.

Where's Jen Chang to sort out a bit of Liverpool PR???

justjohn

Fucking GNev spitting truthfacts

9567220420_fc851b4a28_o.jpg
Getting sick and tired of this cunt neville now being worshipped as some sort of cult hero.

Wilbur

Banned
Getting sick and tired of this cunt neville now being worshipped as some sort of cult hero.

just accept it

he's better than you

his facial hair is better than yours

his vocation is better than yours

his cumming over goals on national television is better than yours

just accept it

move on with life

justjohn

So 70-75 points is what's needed to get fourth in the PL. We finished with 61 points last season meaning an additional 10 points this campaign would (based on historical data) put us in the mix for top four. When we look at the shambles that was our start to last season, is that inconceivable?

I'm not talking about our team being top four quality. Looking at last season we didn't record a win against teams above us in the table for the longest period. One shot - One goal was the motto last season against weaker teams in the league.

A game at a time, right?
Bale singlehandedly took you close to that 4th spot. You better hope the new guys are good enough replacements.

Yen

Haha Fucking hell, Will Hughes follows Tommy Robinson and the official EDL twitter account. Thought he was a bit candid with his twitter use when I occasionally looked.

Where's Jen Chang to sort out a bit of Liverpool PR???
Oh dear. Aquilani had a statue of Mussolini in his house.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur tell Woodward to sign a player. Pls.

He doesn't listen to me. I send him emails. Letters. Turds. Nothing.

I threatened his parents. Nothing.

I cut his telephone wires. Nothing.

I texted him a picture of me eating his cat. Nothing.

Do we even know he exists

K1LLER7

He doesn't listen to me. I send him emails. Letters. Turds. Nothing.

I threatened his parents. Nothing.

I cut his telephone wires. Nothing.

I texted him a picture of me eating his cat. Nothing.

Do we even know he exists

:lol

I don't blame Ed. I blame this guy on the right.

Varela-SIgns.jpg

Who is he and why is he with our players?

Naughty God, come back.

L1NETT

You have to understand that there is still a long way to go. The transfer market starts for me now and a lot of activity will happen between now and 2 September. It starts now. It is like a poker game. People hold their cards as long as possible and see what is happening out there. In the end, they go for decisions.

"First everybody goes on holiday and nobody wants to do anything. Then, in many clubs, there are manager changes. They need to know the squad before they make a decision. There are many, many things but it is always like that."

Wenger was asked whether he was any good at poker. "No," he replied.

From http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/22/arsene-wenger-arsenal-luis-suarez?CMP=twt_gu

Wenger wakes up with two weeks to go. Like he is cramming for an exam or summat. Wouldn't want to be a Gunner. (also because I can't see my team play unless I part of the 1%)

Salvadora

People really take Wenger's comments out of context.

That comment earlier about 16 years was referring to the increased level of competition for the top spots, not Spurs specifically. No doubt if I listened to half his press conferences this would be commonplace.

That's the one!

I don't know anything about him though. On a scale of sir Szczesny to Seaman, just how good is he? Bit nervous reading that we've been put off by Valencia's valuation.

I don't know if the price is right (maybe a bit too much) but I like him. He is a PL kind of keeper, similar to De Gea so you can get an idea. He is still young and seems like he has a head on his shoulders.

Messi

I guess a draw was a good result tonight. Sets things up nicely for me next week. Hopefully Messi is not hurt badly and makes an appearance. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't most excited about seeing Neymar

Bro I got no idea what this is from lol.

I saw it in another thread and thought it was funny.

I'll get rid if its spoilery.

What show is it btw?

There's no spoilers, I'm just fucking with you. It's a comedy, there's spoilers in comedy tv shows?

It's The Office US btw, awesome show.

Meier

:lol

I don't blame Ed. I blame this guy on the right.

Varela-SIgns.jpg

Who is he and why is he with our players?
I was under the impression he was from Varela's old team. All the stories mentioned some exec had come to England with him to finalize the transfer.

I'll be sad if Hughes ends up at LFC. Doubt he'd ever get much of a chance for us but I'd still love him on the team some day. Definitely smart for someone to sign him now and loan him back to Derby for at least 1 year (maybe 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom