• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
‏@benlyt 57m
#THFC closing in on Steaua CB Vlad Chiriches, says @Emishor. He didnt play in Steaua UCL qualifier last night, Rom press say deal close

GHG

France still isn't a major league.

Unless you're a Torino fan who got sick of Juve bending you over every year.

While I'll admit its not "major" yet its certainly taken more seriously now than it was a few years ago. Once Monaco and PSG have that league fully sewn up it wont be too different to the spanish league with Barca and Madrid.

Oh that is bullshit. It's seen the same now as it always has been.

Madrid are a unique case in that they have the banks by the balls. Spending 93mill on a player when your country is in recession..only in Madrid!

But we did. Without huge backing. It's a different game now, though. With so much money comes dirty tactics, dodgy agents and broke clubs.

Our plan was built on our success over Wenger's initial 10 years with us.

The plan was to turn the club from a major into an elite superpower where only the likes of man united, barca and madrid would be able to compete with us financially. It would have worked if not for all the external investment that has happened in football over the last 10 years since we undertook the project to move away from highbury. Nobody predicted what has happened and it really screwed up our plans and set us back quite a bit. That is why Wenger is so butthurt and bitter about everything these days. He's only just now starting to come to terms with what has happened because if not for it all he would have been regarded as a genious.

Apparently we want Roland Lamah who is loaned out to Swansea, who however also want to get rid of him again. I know nothing about him but just the news of any new midfielder for CL would be good.

Finished Guacamelee on PC recently, liked it well enough. Guys, I need some indie recommendations. If you could maybe list your top 5 from the past few years, that's be swell. Any genre, although I'd prefer to play something with a solid story and great atmosphere / art. Preferably on PC with PS3 as an option.

I agree with some that has already been mentioned like Journey and Limbo, great games! A few others to consider is To The Moon which is a really short (like 2 to 3 hours) game but well worth playing through. Lone Survivor is also worth looking into, a 2d horror game as crazy as that might sound. Kentucky Route Zero also seems very good but it's episodic and isnt't done yet, but the first ep was really cool.

Before PSG happened France was not seen as a major league. It was seen more as a feeder league in a similar way to the Dutch league. All it takes is for a few Dutch teams to be taken over and everything changes. But that is precisely the arguement, the only way that things change in football these days is through external investment. If Arsenal were a mid table team through the 90's and turn of the century then we would have no chance of making a step up to the big boys unless Usmanov or someone similar took over.

I dunno about that - Spurs had the odd jaunt into the top 6 but it's only been the last ~5 or so years that we've really had a decent, predictable chance at top 4. And whilst obviously this summer we've gone big, and our owner is a billionaire, we broke our transfer record this summer when we signed Paulinho for £17m.

HAHAHAHAHA, anyone but Carbo seen the bugs in Ryse? Looks fucking terrible

What bugs? Nothing to see here folks..

i15QOxxi7txT1.gif

can't believe people think it looks "insane".

Its constantly surprising how much shit people will look past for shiny graphics.

On the one hand, there is perhaps enough time left to iron out some/most of those bugs (just over 2 months til it goes gold probably)

On the other, the state of the game's polish seems to be a good few months behind everyone else who is gearing up for launch. Maybe their priorities are different and they'll focus on th bugs closer to release than the others.

pappe

Crytek should just stop making games and focus on developing Game engines only.

Their games have horrible stories, bland boring gameplay and bland art.

GHG

Honestly the game reminds me of Lair for the PS3. Its one if those games thats so bad it makes you realise who the real fanboys are.

The first crysis had brilliant gameplay, was a really really good shooter. Ever since it has been downhill though, very badly downhill for all their games, even from their different studios seems to be shit.

Carbonox

iZvO96LEtaLmC.gif

Their CEO should focus more on the games rather than the constant whining and bitching he seems to do on a weekly basis that ALWAYS gets a fucking thread made about on the gaming side. Probably why their output is so pony these days.

iZvO96LEtaLmC.gif

Their CEO should focus more on the games rather than the constant whining and bitching he seems to do on a weekly basis that ALWAYS gets a fucking thread made about on the gaming side. Probably why their output is so pony these days.

He the guy who goes on about Crytek maxing out the consoles, only for the first parties to show that he's chatting bollocks a few weeks later?

GorillaJu

I'm honestly not sure why people are that pissed. Maybe it's still a rather early build. Sure, there's error and hiccups, but if the core gameplay - I haven't followed the game at all - is okay I wouldn't worry too much right now.

Some people also just shit on the game because it's on Xbox One. I mean come on, someone said those are last-gen graphics.

I don't know, but people losing their shit over some indie game that they know nothing about just because of generic-as-fuck indie art style ("Oh look, ICO!!!") is equally annoying. Okay, it's unfair to call the art style generic, but it's really nothing mindblowing or new. I mean come on, the thread title is 'If ICO and Wind Waker had a baby". Fuck that.

Dear god, dude, do you just guzzle the Hatorade 24/7?

Rime looks pretty brilliant. How many games do you see with that kind of artstyle? It takes a fair bit of guts to publish a game like that. People are excited because a rare gem that looks to be an adventure puzzle game is getting a legitimate budget.

I swear to god, you just like to find things people like and then shit on them. How dare people like this thing?!

Some people also just shit on the game because it's on Xbox One. I mean come on, someone said those are last-gen graphics.

It's PS2/Original Xbox animations.

I don't know, but people losing their shit over some indie game that they know nothing about just because of generic-as-fuck indie art style ("Oh look, ICO!!!") is equally annoying. Okay, it's unfair to call the art style generic, but it's really nothing mindblowing or new. I mean come on, the thread title is 'If ICO and Wind Waker had a baby". Fuck that.

That is the two first games that comes to mind when seeing that game though... and people have been starving for that kind of game for a while now with the last guardian not looking anywhere close to being released.

Does it? Sony's published a lot of stuff. Legitimate budget? Is that even confirmed?

It's made by a +25 person studio, isn't that about as big as something like Team Ico? It might be independent as in not owned by a publisher, but going by that logic Quantic Dream and insomniac also make indie games.

You seem way too pissed about a fucking thread title, a common thing here at footy GAF. People are excited about a game which genre they have barely gotten any of this gen, I NEED TO BE ANGRY.

GorillaJu

I do actually.

Honestly doesn't blow me away anymore after the games we've seen in the past decade.

Does it? Sony's published a lot of stuff. Legitimate budget? Is that even confirmed?

I don't mind when people like things, I mind when people jump on the fucking hype train based on a trailer that showed very little and then pretend it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's fine to get excited, but come on, that thread title alone is a joke. Keep the excitement and hype based on a trailer that wasn't too great down a bit. When the reviews roll in - see e.g. W101 - shit gets way too serious because people can't believe that a game that they like based on the visual design could maybe be.... not perfect. I mean come on, I've seen people call it game of the show even though we've seen almost no gameplay.

Do I like things or get excited for them? Sure. New D3 expansion or M&M X just to name two. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs to name another example. The new game by the guy that made VVVVV.

Edit:
You know what? I'm sorry. Hate on Ryse all you want, that's legitimate (and it has micro-transactions so it can go to hell). Tell people to calm down because of giant hype after a boring trailer. Not legitimate.

I don't know, but people losing their shit over some indie game that they know nothing about just because of generic-as-fuck indie art style ("Oh look, ICO!!!") is equally annoying.

jbkt6BC0ajb6Oe.png

jbuLGn31iXEtxt.png

Wilbur

Banned
I don't even know this new game you're talking about loooool

How dare I post on a game forum when all I know is the last of us ocarina of time zone of the Enders war of the monsters and FIFA 10

I don't even know this new game you're talking about loooool

How dare I post on a game forum when all I know is the last of us ocarina of time zone of the Enders war of the monsters and FIFA 10

This is my favorite game as well.

You probably don't want to know what it is, seeing your hate for that kind of games.

Splatt

The only way I can see Ryse being good is if they changed the name to Shadow of Rome 2 and handed development over to Capcom.

Lets talk about something really fucking generic instead, Knack. What the fuck. I guess Cerny was busy designing the console to actually make a game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom