• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, help me compile a list of games to justify building a PC. I've only had a PS2 and PS3, and am really struggling to think of nearly enough

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Counter Strike: GO
Stalker: SoC & CoP
Titanfall
Dear Esther

The bulk of the games I can think of are out on the PS3, or I've already played

Total war Rome 2. GOTF.

Hahahaha, HOLY SHIT

BZ (Berlin newspaper) found out about like half of Hertha BSC's team fucking a 16-year-old. After winning the second Bundesliga last season, 3 players gave the girl their numbers while giving autographs to fans. Later, they gave the girl's number to a few other players and at least 5 players have done her, 3 still playing for Hertha. Some player even invited one of the girl's friend to fuck her on Facebook.

That's seriously fucked up but that girl is certainly a special character, too, lol

Wilbur

Banned
Hahahaha, HOLY SHIT

BZ (Berlin newspaper) found out about like half of Hertha BSC's team fucking a 16-year-old. After winning the second Bundesliga last season, 3 players gave the girl their numbers while giving autographs to fans. Later, they gave the girl's number to a few other players and at least 5 players have done her, 3 still playing for Hertha. Some player even invited one of the girl's friend to fuck her on Facebook.

That's seriously fucked up but that girl is certainly a special character, too lol

:lol holy shit

Why don't you just make a budget gaming PC? I know people like to have "monsters" but I made one on the cheap recently that runs everything on nearly full/ultra.

I wanna be there when PCs start easily outstripping the PS4 though :(

How much did you spend on yours? To be honest, the main things I want to play are Dota and Stalker, and I can;t imagine you need anything close to a dedicated gaming rig to play those decently

I'm gonna try AC3, imagine I'll give up after an hour though. Looks exceptionally boring in all aspects

kharma45

Guys, help me compile a list of games to justify building a PC. I've only had a PS2 and PS3, and am really struggling to think of nearly enough

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Titanfall
Dear Esther

Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes 2
Crysis (it's still good)
Amnesia: TDD
VVVVVV
Super Meat Boy
Bastion
Tropico 4
Civ V
FTL
Terraria
Witcher 2
Killing Floor
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
STALKER Clear Sky
Saints Row 4 (better on PC)

Probably a lot of other things too that I just can't think of that you might have missed in general that say came to PC and Xbox but not PS3.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm gonna try AC3, imagine I'll give up after an hour though. Looks exceptionally boring in all aspects

I actually really liked AC3 for two hours or so, and then the story shifted and it suddenly became fucking shit. Which is a shame as I really liked 2 and Brotherhood.

kharma45

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Titanfall
Dear Esther

Cheers

Any more suggestions anyone?

Edited with a few more

Team Fortress 2
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
STALKER Clear Sky
Saints Row 4 (better on PC)
FOOTBALL FUCKING MANAGER BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

kharma45

I might just try AC3 too, forgot that I bought it a few weeks ago

7YlIknq.png

Either that or Dead Space 3 next.

Chamakh accuses Allardyce of lying

Crystal Palace striker Marouane Chamakh has accused West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce of lying to him during his loan spell at Upton Park last season.

Chamakh joined the Hammers on loan in January, but only made three Premier League appearances for the club in what proved to be an unsuccessful spell in East London.

The Moroccan, who has since left the Arsenal after three years for newly-promoted side Crystal Palace, has accused the West Ham boss of breaking his promise over guaranteed playing time.

“I made a bad choice,” Chamakh told L’Equipe. “It didn’t go well at all. The manager promised me that with Andy Carroll’s injury, I was going to be able to play. He did not keep his word at all.

“Alou Diarra had warned me. But I just did what I wanted and went anyway. I was had. That’s why I took a bit of time to say ‘yes’ to Crystal Palace. I didn’t want to make the same mistake twice.”

Chamakh also spoke on his time at Arsenal and, while insisting that he does not regret his decision to come to England, he does wish he played more at the Emirates with Robin van Persie and then Olivier Giroud keeping him out of the side.

“I have regrets. I wish I had more time to play Arsenal,” he said. “I respect the decisions of the coach but I did not always have a chance. But I do not regret coming to England.

“At Arsenal, the first season was very good. Then I played a lot less. It was difficult because Van Persie was on fire. Until we changed system, there was no discussion between him and me.

“When he left, I thought there was a chance but, with the arrival of Giroud, I realised that I had no place out there.”

good riddance

Shadowrun Returns is really cool, not going to stress your system at all, but check it out.

There's lots of strategy games I would recommend if you're into that kind of stuff. If you're not into it, you just need to play them some. :p

and replay all the games you liked on console and realize how much better they are running properly . ;) )

Randdalf

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Titanfall
Dear Esther

Depends what sort of games you're into really, but I'd highly recommend TF2.

FootballFan

Hahahaha, HOLY SHIT

That's seriously fucked up but that girl is certainly a special character, too, lol

pics?

:lol

Hahahaha, HOLY SHIT

Sounds like a good team building activity to me, probably helps getting fit too.

Scum

Looks like FIFA 14 for Vita is just Vita launch FIFA in disguise. Fucking EA. This will be great opportunity for Konami to get PES on Vita...

kharma45

Looks like FIFA 14 for Vita is just Vita launch FIFA in disguise. Fucking EA. This will be great opportunity for Konami to get PES on Vita...

If it was a viable platform they'd have put the effort in but there isn't a big enough install base.

Clegg

Has anyone else seen Tanc's retarded 500 best ever players list? He's counting them down right now.

Here's a sample:
:
340.Caicedo 339.Ruiz 338.Donovan 337.Altidore 336.ArounaKonè 335.Henry 334.R.Keane 333Candreva 332.Fernando 331.Buonanotte

That's right. Candreva is better than Roy Keane and Thierry Henry. He also rates Kondogbia as better than the two Premier League legends.

Messi

Good on Pique. With such little effort you can make someone's day, month or even a year. Fuck off diva narcissistic footy players.

This is what I mean, it means very little to pique to give that kid his shirt but you see once he leaves what that means to the kid. Such a nice gesture.

GorillaJu

I wanna be there when PCs start easily outstripping the PS4 though :(

How much did you spend on yours? To be honest, the main things I want to play are Dota and Stalker, and I can;t imagine you need anything close to a dedicated gaming rig to play those decently

I put together a rig for about £300. GeForce GTX 560, 8gb ram, 128gb SSD (later added on a 2tb HDD), and an AMD Phenom II 965 black edition. I run Dota 2 with everything maxed at 1920x1080, hitting 60+ FPS. Dota 2 is the big one for me, but I also played through Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 and a few other games, maxing out the settings and hitting 60fps.

What I've learned through years of building PCs is that I've always regretted buying expensive parts while my friends ran the same games just as well a year later, spending literally 30-35% of what I spent. I bought a $2300 computer with an ATi Radeon 9800 (400 bucks at the time when I was graduating from high school). The most fun I ever got out of those high end parts was when a tech support guy marveled at my specs when I needed help with crashes. The next year my friend put together a computer for $500 that was already outperforming mine on some games.

PCs will outperform consoles, but I think you'd be better off just getting a £120 video card from whatever generation is 2nd from newest, about 2 years after the PS4 releases, and building one that'll be a little weaker than a PS4 in the meantime to play those games you wanna play.

That's just me personally. But I understand if you've got your eyes fixated on a monster rig, it's hard to talk one down.

dc89

Official: Barca have said Messi has a brusied thigh. He may not be able to play against Malaga, it is not known.

The list so far:

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Titanfall
Dear Esther
Starcraft 2
Fez
Black Mesa Source
Kentucky Route Zero
Antichamber
Crysis
Amnesia: TDD
Amnesia 2
Bastion
Tropico 4
Civ V
Witcher 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Alan Wake & AN

Are the old Monkey Island games still worth playing? Also, is it only the first game in the Halo and Gears of War franchises that is available on PC?

@odd, yeah, thinking of downgrading those specs for now. Not sure what to do

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Has anyone else seen Tanc's retarded 500 best ever players list? He's counting them down right now.

Here's a sample:
:

That's right. Candreva is better than Roy Keane and Thierry Henry. He also rates Kondogbia as better than the two Premier League legends.

Who the fuck even lists 500 players..

Even Wilbur wouldn't.

FootballFan

Fucking amazing. Pique *bow*

*bows with dc*

PSV has Nando Quesada (19) on trial from Barcelona. Do you know him FootballFan?

I remember the name from a few years ago but don't know anything about him.

What Barca team did you get him from? Is/Was he from Barca B? Or from Juvenil A? Most likely the latter, fairly certain he wasn't/doesn't play for Barca B.

Otherwise I'd be hyping him up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom