• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets talk about something really fucking generic instead, Knack. What the fuck. I guess Cerny was busy designing the console to actually make a game..

Looks terrible, not even sure who its for

Knack (the character) is too ugly to appeal to kids, its too cartoony to appeal to teens, and its too boring to appeal to adults.

Wilbur

Banned
is knack that one with the little puppet man?

Too many things announced every day, I just wait until my bro buys a ps4 and games and then i shall share my thoughts

bjaelke

Just a short update from the world of football.

Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth reports that Willian is still considering his options, even though he has already passed a medical at Tottenham after a £30million fee was agreed with Anzhi Makhachkala.

Now you can go back to your generic discussion.

is knack that one with the little puppet man?

Too many things announced every day, I just wait until my bro buys a ps4 and games and then i shall share my thoughts

Nah that is Puppeteer which I think could be decent. Knack is this shit

Mkf0YxZ.jpg

Nah that is Puppeteer which I think could be decent.

Apparently that demo turned out to be pointless. Its the size of a full game, and is seemingly just a tutorial

@rvy, that looks eerily realistic off-screen. I could actually mistake that first one for real life if the nams weren;t hovering above the players

edit: or not, RVP's body, particularly his arm, doesn't quite react properly to hitting the ground

LTWheels

Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth reports that Willian is still considering his options, even though he has already passed a medical at Tottenham after a £30million fee was agreed with Anzhi Makhachkala.

Not been announced as a Spurs player yet? I thought that would have happened already. I wonder what his other options are. I though I heard that we decided not to match Spurs' bid.

GorillaJu

Not been announced as a Spurs player yet? I thought that would have happened already. I wonder what his other options are. I though I heard that we decided not to match Spurs' bid.

That is indeed what Tony Barrett said - that we had the opportunity to match the bid but declined. Would be interesting to find out what other clubs are pursuing him.

Knack looks fine to me. Don't see anything wrong with it, though it doesn't really excite me at all, either.

Scum

Dear God @ Ryse!
5YRcF.gif

yes, it looks very clanky, almost rushed.

does look wonderful tho.
This is one of the problems with gaming I have. Graphics over everything else.

I'm honestly not sure why people are that pissed. Maybe it's still a rather early build. Sure, there's error and hiccups, but if the core gameplay - I haven't followed the game at all - is okay I wouldn't worry too much right now.

Some people also just shit on the game because it's on Xbox One. I mean come on, someone said those are last-gen graphics.

I don't know, but people losing their shit over some indie game that they know nothing about just because of generic-as-fuck indie art style ("Oh look, ICO!!!") is equally annoying. Okay, it's unfair to call the art style generic, but it's really nothing mindblowing or new. I mean come on, the thread title is 'If ICO and Wind Waker had a baby". Fuck that.
ElTopo, pls.

Puppeteer was the game that out Nintendo's Nintendo according to some.

Knack is that generic title which is meant for kids. Not sure why the put people with guns in there though.

Kids aren't completely dipshits when it comes to games quality either.¨

and pls stop with the "according to some", even in that thread most people say no to his statement... There is lots of fanboys and just idiots on GAF taking part in console wars, not sure why annoying fan bases should affect my opinion of a game if I think it looks decent.

I think Knack looks good but then again I'm not dead inside

Yes you are. I have heard the noises coming from you.

willow ve

Is this because they're still agreeing to personal wages? Or does he really have another option?

FootballFan

Explain to me what Clubs is? Haven't played FIFA since 13 and I never tried that.

FootyGAF have teams on ps3, xbox and pc. (ps3 is the real team).

Anyways, you each control 1 player in 1 position. A created player. So you can play 11 footballGAFfers vs 11 other random shit cunts. It's pretty great, I am a beast defensive mid.

Mastadon

Banned
Clough has said that we haven't made a bid for Will Hughes. I've seen Hughes play quite a lot and he genuinely is a wonderful player. To control games the way he does at such a young age is incredibly impressive, and he's only going to get better.

£10m doesn't seem like a bad deal to me at all, especially if we leave him at Derby for the rest of the season.

Tc91

Clough has said that we haven't made a bid for Will Hughes. I've seen Hughes play quite a lot and he genuinely is a wonderful player. To control games the way he does at such a young age is incredibly impressive, and he's only going to get better.

£10m doesn't seem like a bad deal to me at all, especially if we leave him at Derby for the rest of the season.

Wasn't Clough on SSN yesterday and said he's going nowhere cause they don't have time for a replacement?

Explain to me what Clubs is? Haven't played FIFA since 13 and I never tried that.

We play full seasons with our online clubs (where we control one player which we create ourselves and level up), win trophies to the club, play in the cup when that opens every second week or so.... It's the only thing I have played of Fifa this year really.

Me, Mr.Cola, Quiche, Willkiller, Hixx and a few others who don't post much in this thread winning the cup :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okO-n2DgJGo

FootballFan

We play full seasons with our online clubs (where we control one player which we create ourselves and level up), win trophies to the club, play in the cup when that opens every second week or so.... It's the only thing I have played of Fifa this year really.

Me, Mr.Cola, Quiche, Willkiller, Hixx and a few others who don't post much in this thread winning the cup :

When the other team joins your celebration, amazing. Always laugh at that

rvy

Banned
FootyGAF have teams on ps3, xbox and pc. (ps3 is the real team).

Anyways, you each control 1 player in 1 position. A created player. So you can play 11 footballGAFfers vs 11 other random shit cunts. It's pretty great, I am a beast defensive mid.

Oh, that.

Yeah, you can play as 11 created players on PES 2014 also. You could do a shitty version this since PES 2009, I think. It was restricted to 5 players or something.
It's called Become a Legend Online.

This year they've added the GK position. and you can play as any of the 11 players.

I really can't say how deep it is in terms of cups and so forth, because they haven't announced it yet.

We're not in debt anymore!

Well, of course we technically have still debt but our cash plus the outstanding receivables are higher than that. Huge news, who would have dreamed of that just 2 or 3 years ago? It's crazy. Watzke and Treß have done an amazing job, financially. Okay, they were lucky we got Klopp and Zorc made some terrific signings but still :D

How did you get a 96 match rating with such average stats?

Oh, that.

Yeah, you can play as 11 created players on PES 2014 also. You could do a shitty version this since PES 2009, I think. It was restricted to 5 players or something.
It's called Become a Legend Online.

This year they've added the GK position. and you can play as any of the 11 players.

I really can't say how deep it is in terms of cups and so forth, because they haven't announced it yet.

Quiche claims the depth is basically non existent. That mode is really what I want to play a football game for and then then occasional person that I want to beat in real life, but mostly clubs mode.

How did you get a 96 match rating with such average stats?

I probably kept setting them up for 1vs1's but they missed.

rvy

Banned
Quiche claims the depth is basically non existent. That mode is really what I want to play a football game for and then then occasional person that I want to beat in real life, but mostly clubs mode.

I'd wait for some more info about it, don't take my word for it. I'm buying the game day one, I'll let you know if BAL Online is any good.

Wilbur

Banned

I probably kept setting them up for 1vs1's but they missed.

Holy shit at the opposition players joining in the celebration at the end :looooooooooool

Ha, that problem is actually getting better. They found and destroyed the nest, or as my landlord told me today "You don't want to know what I saw, trust me". Of course it turned out to be my immediate neighbour.

Holy fuck, the idea of a cockroach nest gives me day nightmares.

After a year though which sucks. But yes, it looks pretty damn fun.

Yeah, I guess if someone is really into it they can get the PC version.

GorillaJu

Yes, we may not have bid yet but Sam Wallace says we're on the verge of signing him, so I suspect it's a matter of time. Will be a step up from Shelvey as our project midfielder.

Guys, help me compile a list of games to justify building a PC. I've only had a PS2 and PS3, and am really struggling to think of nearly enough

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Counter Strike: GO
Stalker: SoC & CoP
Titanfall
Dear Esther

The bulk of the games I can think of are out on the PS3, or I've already played

GorillaJu

Guys, help me compile a list of games to justify building a PC. I've only had a PS2 and PS3, and am really struggling to think of nearly enough

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Counter Strike: GO
Stalker: SoC & CoP
Titanfall
Dear Esther

The bulk of the games I can think of are out on the PS3, or I've already played

Why don't you just make a budget gaming PC? I know people like to have "monsters" but I made one on the cheap recently that runs everything on nearly full/ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom