• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Has anyone else seen Tanc's retarded 500 best ever players list? He's counting them down right now.

Here's a sample:
:

That's right. Candreva is better than Roy Keane and Thierry Henry. He also rates Kondogbia as better than the two Premier League legends.

:loooooool

Good Night is better than Henry according to him. Hahah

@kharma, if I went with odd's idea and built a rig less powerful than a PS4:

a) How much would it cost before peripherals (ballpark)
b) Will I have wasted money on that RAM?

Wilbur

Banned
Has anyone else seen Tanc's retarded 500 best ever players list? He's counting them down right now.

Here's a sample:
:

That's right. Candreva is better than Roy Keane and Thierry Henry. He also rates Kondogbia as better than the two Premier League legends.

what the fuck :looooooooooooool

Who the fuck even lists 500 players..

Even Wilbur wouldn't.

ether

kharma45

The list so far:

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Counter Strike: GO
Stalker: SoC & CoP
Titanfall
Dear Esther
Starcraft 2
Fez
Black Mesa Source
Kentucky Route Zero
Antichamber
Crysis
Amnesia: TDD
Amnesia 2
Bastion
Tropico 4
Civ V
Witcher 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Alan Wake & AN

Are the old Monkey Island games still worth playing? Also, is it only the first game in the Halo and Gears of War franchises that is available on PC?

@odd, yeah, thinking of downgrading those specs for now. Not sure what to do

You could cut down the ssd to save cash and get a cheaper case. But that CPU GPU combo is impossible to beat. I cant recommend it enough.

First gears yeah and the first two halo.

confuziz

Banned
I remember the name from a few years ago but don't know anything about him.

What Barca team did you get him from? Is/Was he from Barca B? Or from Juvenil A? Most likely the latter, fairly certain he wasn't/doesn't play for Barca B.

Otherwise I'd be hyping him up :p

I don't know, the PSV watcher mentioned it. It seems Stoke want him too.

pappe

Meanwhile Liverpool players are tauning sick and handicapped Everton supporting kids at hospitals.

BLxhjql.png

Suarez looks like the Grinch.

kharma45

@kharma, if I went with odd's idea and built a rig less powerful than a PS4:

a) How much would it cost before peripherals (ballpark)
b) Will I have wasted money on that RAM?

TBH itll be hard to build a rig that is less powerful than the PS4.

the RAM is fine, it will work with any current platform.

Fady K

Fady hates Fady for hating United. (seriously)

I miss this place, I miss you too Yurt! Very impressed with Juve's win over Lazio. Have a feeling you'll really enjoy this season!

I hated how I hated United, true. Hate levels really dropped now, feels more peaceful mang! Can't hate on Moyes either. Seems like a very peaceful lad.

Messi

I miss this place, I miss you too Yurt! Very impressed with Juve's win over Lazio. Have a feeling you'll really enjoy this season!

I hated how I hated United, true. Hate levels really dropped now, feels more peaceful mang! Can't hate on Moyes either. Seems like a very peaceful lad.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Fady.

Sane_Man

Ladbrokes reckon Liverpool have upped their offer for Willian. Probably bollocks but, my God, I can't even imagine how hard I'll laugh if we end up getting him now and Spurs miss out. Would much rather try for Lamela though...

GorillaJu

That Luiz prank was really cruel. Poor guy - with all the antagonizing they did, it's fortunate, for the sake of his image, that he reacted kindly and offered to apologize and pay for the treatment.

Hixx

"STEVEN FLETCHER is on the verge of joining his Sunderland team-mates on the training field, as the striker nears a first-team comeback."

ijOpkOViATaAR.gif

Feorax

Ladbrokes reckon Liverpool have upped their offer for Willian. Probably bollocks but, my God, I can't even imagine how hard I'll laugh if we end up getting him now and Spurs miss out. Would much rather try for Lamela though...

No one else find it a bit sick that betting companies are able to just make up stories that fuel bets coming in, even if they're utter bullshit? Same with Sky bet.

Hixx

@SAFCofficial 1m
Sunderland have completed the signing of Greek winger Charias Mavrias from Panathinaikos on a three-year deal.

Woohoooooo

His name rhymes.

edit: he is the second youngest player ever in the Champions League which also means he will be the second best footballer ever.

Yen

No one else find it a bit sick that betting companies are able to just make up stories that fuel bets coming in, even if they're utter bullshit? Same with Sky bet.
Sky is worse. Use their news channel to make up rumours so people stick money on it on SkyBet.

@Hitcher, some more PC recommendations for you:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Gone Home
Prison Architect
Shadowrun Returns
Kerbal Space Program
The Swapper
Don't Starve
FTL
Rising Storm/Red Orchestra

Having built a gaming PC earlier this year (with some help from Kharma), I was dead chuffed when I managed to slap it all together. I'd go with building a PC over buying a PS4 most days.

Just don't look at mechanical keyboards. Slippery slope and all that.

Kenka

Hahahaha, HOLY SHIT

BZ (Berlin newspaper) found out about like half of Hertha BSC's team fucking a 16-year-old. After winning the second Bundesliga last season, 3 players gave the girl their numbers while giving autographs to fans. Later, they gave the girl's number to a few other players and at least 5 players have done her, 3 still playing for Hertha. Some player even invited one of the girl's friend to fuck her on Facebook.

That's seriously fucked up but that girl is certainly a special character, too, lol
Reminds me of something similar happening at Thun.
If the football world is like Hollywood, other pedos will climb the fence and constitute a defence force for those players. Unless the Ribéry story calmed everyone in this "business" down.

operon

System shock 2 is on steam, read here it is , that's a game you got to play hitcher old school so it should be no problem on any pc you make

kharma45

Meh, fuck it if they're not all available. Halo especially, I'd want to play all of them I think

Cheers kharma :)

Down to £730 now

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£172.59 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£22.85 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£104.98 @ Dabs)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.36 @ CCL Computers)
Case: BitFenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case (£49.90 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (£69.66 @ CCL Computers)
Other: MSI GTX670 2GB Twin Frozr Power Edition Overclocked NVidia PCIe Graphics Card with free Splinter Cell Blacklist (£167.40)
Other: G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready) (Purchased For £44.99)
Total: £730.59
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 14:15 BST+0100)

Could shave more by dropping the GPU to a 7870 but the 670 is such fantastic value for money at present. Changed the PSU to a non-modular unit and dropped the SSD.

Halo 2 and Gears are going to be pretty hard to get a hold of very soon, GFWL marketplace is closing.

If you can get hold of the games, like Halo 2 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000F6W8AE/, they'll still work you just won't be able to buy anything through GFWL.

confuziz

Banned
Down to £740 now

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£172.59 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£22.85 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£104.98 @ Dabs)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.36 @ CCL Computers)
Case: BitFenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case (£49.90 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£49.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (£69.66 @ CCL Computers)
Other: MSI GTX670 2GB Twin Frozr Power Edition Overclocked NVidia PCIe Graphics Card with free Splinter Cell Blacklist (£177.40)
Other: G.Skill 8GB (2x 4GB) Dual Channel Ares Series Memory Kit (DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v, Intel XMP Extreme Memory Profile Ready) (Purchased For £44.99)
Total: £740.59
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 14:15 BST+0100)

Could shave more by dropping the GPU to a 7870 but the 670 is such fantastic value for money at present. Changed the PSU to a non-modular unit and dropped the SSD.

Damn I feel sorry for you guys. We pay a lot less for that stuff here in Euroland.

edit: :lol nvidia card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom