• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Damn I feel sorry for you guys. We pay a lot less for that stuff here in Euroland.

edit: :lol nvidia card

News to me, I always thought we had slightly better choices when it comes to buying. As for the GPU there isn't an AMD card in the price bracket to match it.

confuziz

Banned
News to me, I always thought we had slightly better choices when it comes to buying. As for the GPU there isn't an AMD card in the price bracket to match it.

I can find several (dutch) websites that have some incredible deals going on.

What is wrong with your current power supply by the way. I still have an old one from 5 years ago on my new pc from last year and it works fine.

Az

I am in the process of buying a home, so might have to wait a bit for the PS4. Home buying is going to cost me a shit load.

panty

Xbone ftw, I'm buying one too.

2tIYS.gif

Wait, hold on, we're not adding 'El' to imply that they have shit taste, are we?

Yes we are and for a great reason.

kharma45

I can find several (dutch) websites that have some incredible deals going on.

What is wrong with your current power supply by the way. I still have an old one from 5 years ago on my new pc from last year and it works fine.

Link me up with some deals, curious to see what you guys get.

Hitcher don't have one, he's starting from scratch.

Ingeniero

Pelegrini is El Ingeniero as well.

What´s with the Xbone hate? I am buying a PS4 too, but I don´t have shit taste and I recon the Xbone is a good machine with lots of potential and will have great games, just like the X360.

The list so far:

Dota 2
Metro 2033
Counter Strike: GO
Stalker: SoC & CoP
Titanfall
Dear Esther
Starcraft 2
Fez
Black Mesa Source
Kentucky Route Zero
Antichamber
Crysis
Amnesia: TDD
Amnesia 2
Bastion
Tropico 4
Civ V
Witcher 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Alan Wake & AN

Are the old Monkey Island games still worth playing? Also, is it only the first game in the Halo and Gears of War franchises that is available on PC?

@odd, yeah, thinking of downgrading those specs for now. Not sure what to do
Metro Last Light
Papo & Yo
Fallout NV with mods
KOTOR 1 and 2

I've got steam keys left for Mirrors Edge, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space and Crysis 2 if you're interested

Honestly, my biggest problem with Xbox is that I simply don't want to support the shit they're doing.

If I've got 350+ pounds to support a system with, it's going to be the Playstation, even if the 1st party launch line-up isn't as good!

Barzul

Honestly, my biggest problem with Xbox is that I simply don't want to support the shit they're doing.

If I've got 350+ pounds to support a system with, it's going to be the Playstation, even if the 1st party launch line-up isn't as good!
You mean the stuff they reversed on? I get it, they tried to royally screw the industry, but imo they have changed tack a lot faster than a lot of companies would have. I also think they have better games, but that is subjective. So yeah Xbox One at launch for me, PS4 later. It helps that I'll be able to build an invincibles team in FIFA.

kharma45

Well for instance,

Intel Core i5 3570K / 3.4 GHz - 4 Cores for 166 pounds. It's not that much difference, but when you add it all up it's probably around 50-100 pounds difference

Not bad. Do they charge for delivery?

This is approximately the setup I have (few things not the same make as they weren't on the list. eg my 690 is MSI, and my RAM is 2133MHz)

£2923.46! Disgusting

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1uUVX

2133 RAM? For shame :p

Barzul

I sold my gaming laptop earlier this year. Can I build a PC that can run modern titles like Tomb Raider and Bioshock infinite on high and D3 on Ultra for around $600? Probably need to go check out that build a PC thread on the gaming side.

bobito

Banned
For the ultimate "Guy has no taste effect" you could've mentioned that I didn't get into Breaking Bad, that I found Mad Men boring as fuck and that I've enjoyed a shit show like Once Upon A Time. I think The Wire was another case of "I'm sure it's great, but it's not for me", same with Breaking Bad. They're (probably) not technically bad, but they didn't click with me. At all.

I've enjoyed Fight Club though last time I watched it. There's worse movies.

Really?

I think it's the best entertainment product I have ever consumed by a far margin

You mean the stuff they reversed on? I get it, they tried to royally screw the industry, but imo they have changed tack a lot faster than a lot of companies would have. I also think they have better games, but that is subjective. So yeah Xbox One at launch for me, PS4 later. It helps that I'll be able to build an invincibles team in FIFA.

Not even that really, but I don't want to support Kinect, I don't support the Entertainment Box angle that excludes everyone outside of North America.

But at this point I recognise they have really closed the gap and it's a very attractive console to some people. I'm just not one of them.

Yet. I do love me some Halo...

bobito

Banned
Dortmund finances

Dortmund is also the only German club next to Bayern to succeed 300 million € as turn-over, exact figure is 305 million €,
the profit is at 61,5 million €.
Our wage budget last year was 76 mio €

kharma45

I sold my gaming laptop earlier this year. Can I build a PC that can run modern titles like Tomb Raider and Bioshock infinite on high and D3 on Ultra for around $600? Probably need to go check out that build a PC thread on the gaming side.

Got a Microcenter nearby by any chance?

Salvadora

Man you are way too negative about things. Just loosen up. Sometimes it's okay to dream and it's not THAT crazy.
Suarez and Arsene took all of my summer positivity :(

Di Maria I could see happening, but a player like Benzema feels so out of reach. Especially considering Madrid's current circumstances. They would be forced into the market with less than two weeks to go and players like Cavani/Falcao are all already sold.

That reminds me of a really old prank they pulled to Mantorras. Argel (a former CB for Porto and Benfica) and Mantorras get kidnapped and handcuffed one to the other but they managed to get a gun and Argel "shoots" 3 bad guys. The police comes, Argel gives the gun to Mantorras and the police thinks Mantorras shot the 3 guys. Cue 10 minutes of Mantorras crying and shouting "I´m Mantorras". It´s quite hilarious.

omgkitty

Suarez and Arsene took all of my summer positivity :(

Di Maria I could see happening, but a player like Benzema feels so out of reach. Especially considering Madrid's current circumstances. They would be forced into the market with less than two weeks to go and players like Cavani/Falcao are all already sold.

This is the first time that I've been really excited this summer. Of course I thought Higuain was a done a deal, but then when I heard we were in for Suarez and Rooney I was disappointed. I don't want either of those players at the club and never expected them to end up here. Really felt like we were wasting a lot of time. Now that I know the club has very little time left and absolutely must make deals at this point, I'm excited again. For the most part we are linked with the right kinds of players. Benzema, di Maria, Kondogbia, Sakho. Sure we probably won't get half of them, but we are on the right track and there is still some time.

Yen

This is the first time that I've been really excited this summer. Of course I thought Higuain was a done a deal, but then when I heard we were in for Suarez and Rooney I was disappointed. I don't want either of those players at the club and never expected them to end up here. Really felt like we were wasting a lot of time. Now that I know the club has very little time left and absolutely must make deals at this point, I'm excited again. For the most part we are linked with the right kinds of players. Benzema, di Maria, Kondogbia, Sakho. Sure we probably won't get half of them, but we are on the right track and there is still some time.
August 31st: Ebbe Sand, Nedum Onouha, and Cherno Samba join Arsenal

Showaddy

Realistically though Madrid have 1 senior striker and barring some craziness like Monaco have to sell Falcao there's not a lot of players out there they could replace him with.

Clegg

Rooney and Suarez may be cunts but they're also better than Benzema.

I'd feel pretty let down if my club signed him after being linked with such good players earlier in the window.

Salvadora

That list of players would come close to £100m at least, and that's without addressing the GK situation. I may sound like a bit of a negative nancy, but there could/should be better ways to spend that money. Kondogbia for example would be £17m and wouldn't be close to making an immediate impact for Arsenal.

Cabaye isn't the answer, but I don't think I'll be satisfied if that's our summer haul.

bobito

Banned
Phew...all sorts of programmes/films. Recently there's not too many shows I've truly enjoyed. Orphan Black was great and I've really liked Shameless so far (though I haven't watched the 3rd seasons yet). Game of Thrones has been okay, Once Upon A Time is shit but for some reason still entertaining, same with Revenge. Person of Interest is a pretty decent serial and I still enjoy Psych if I happen to stumble upon it on TV. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna enjoy Hannibal once it's available in Germany as I've liked most of Fuller's works.

I think in general I just don't like serious TV dramas that are set in reality. I don't know, maybe I'd really have to force myself to watch several episodes of Breaking Bad to get into it, but I'm just not willing to do that.

Yeah I think we just have different tastes, not really a fan of fantasy ideas or worlds really.

They changed back not because they saw the feedback and wanted to satisfy the customers, because no one pre-ordered the box and they had to react or else they'd have lost at least the first year to Sony well before the thing was even out.

Enough people voiced their displeasure on the potion of DRM in the Xbox well before they announced their plans to implement it on the Xbox, and what Willkiller said about their messaging from the beginning as an entertainment box first and games second is what makes it very difficult for me to care.

Also most of the games I want on it (TitanFall and Below) are timed exclusives so I'd rather wait.

Meier

Apparently Chelsea are interested in signing Eric Dier from Sporting. His buyout clause is quite inexpensive (£4.2m).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom