• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

They changed back not because they saw the feedback and wanted to satisfy the customers, because no one pre-ordered the box and they had to react or else they'd have lost at least the first year to Sony well before the thing was even out.

Enough people voiced their displeasure on the potion of DRM in the Xbox well before they announced their plans to implement it on the Xbox, and what Willkiller said about their messaging from the beginning as an entertainment box first and games second is what makes it very difficult for me to care.

Also most of the games I want on it (TitanFall and Below) are timed exclusives so I'd rather wait.
I see your point, but even if Titanfall is timed, I'm not waiting a year to play it. All I know is the games I'm more interested in right now are on the Xbox.

elty

I highly doubt Real will sell Benz. Benz is their starting striker and they already sold Higuin. Di Maria is probably more likely.

Knowing Arsenal, even if Real does sell they will miss the deal by 2 million or something.

Catania wants Abel Hernandez... Palermos reaction to this news :

LPP8hov.jpg

Meier

That´s wrong, it´s 20M€

That'd make more sense -- €5m is such a low buyout for the Portuguese league. Maybe there is a clause that means it's lower for English teams or something though? More than likely, the Mail are just full of it though. ;)

Scott Sinclair going to West Brom then. What a waste that City move was

Reports from the last few days have said that Saints are also interested and are willing to buy him outright rather than loan him. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

kharma45

Bummer.

Something like this comes within budget or you can go Haswell too but that'd work out at around $620

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($172.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($52.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.25 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($153.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($37.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $573.14
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 10:39 EDT-0400)

You'll not be able to overclock with that CPU though.

Meier

Anelka hasn't been a scoring threat in years (4 goals since 2011). I know it was tempting due to the low price, but he wasn't a good FPL buy due to this and the fact that West Brom had so many strikers in the first team.

It'll be interesting to see if they let Odemwingie back or what.

Fergie

Banned
Anelka hasn't been a scoring threat in years (4 goals since 2011). I know it was tempting due to the low price, but he wasn't a good FPL buy due to this and the fact that West Brom had so many strikers in the first team.

It'll be interesting to see if they let Odemwingie back or what.
Well he was cheap and experienced, but either way it was a sound buy. I have 300k left including his value to splash on a much shittier striker. :(

That'd make more sense -- €5m is such a low buyout for the Portuguese league. Maybe there is a clause that means it's lower for English teams or something though? More than likely, the Mail are just full of it though. ;)

No way. I think we rejected offers from England for that amount before. There probably won´t be any deal. The club has great expectations for him, he´s one of the most professional players in the squad and he said recently that he doesn´t want to leave just yet, that he is happy to take his time and leave his mark on Sporting before moving to England. And not that it matters much but I think he is a Man Utd fan.

Meier

Well he was cheap and experienced, but either way it was a sound buy. I have 300k left including his value to splash on a much shittier striker. :(

Vydra could be a sound replacement. Rosenberg frankly sucks so I don't think he'll start alongside Long.

Meier

When players rise in value on fantasy football, can you sell them for this new value or their original price?

In the official game, for every .2m they go up, you gain .1m to your budget when you sell them (i.e. bought at $5.5, sold at $6.1, you gain $0.3 -- if the increase is $.X5, then the half million is truncated). This is also the case with decreased value as well.

You can actually do that? Maybe because he was a "free" player?

Anyone can retire at any point. If he decided to come back and play again, he'd have to negotiate some sort of settlement between his new team and West Brom though since he'd still be under contract to them.

bobito

Banned
In the official game, for every .2m they go up, you gain .1m to your budget when you sell them (i.e. bought at $5.5, sold at $6.1, you gain $0.3 -- if the increase is $.X5, then the half million is truncated). This is also the case with decreased value as well.

Thanks

PowderedToast

i suppose the whole nomad element of anelka's career is what makes it so rare

most players must never retire during a season simply out of respect for the club. he doesn't really have that

D_prOdigy

Originally had Cornelius but Cardiff looked a bit flatter than expected on Saturday, so shuffled things around and got Van Wolfswinkle as my cheapest striker. No expense spared up front!

This is also my first ever time doing fantasy football so I don't think it's going to go very well...

Yen

Chris Lepkowski ‏@chrislepkowski
#wba confirm that Anelka will not be involved in Saturday’s game. The club have excused the striker from club duty on compassionate grounds.

Chris Lepkowski ‏@chrislepkowski
#wba insist Anelka has NOT retired. I understand his agent has died - which has hit him badly. What the future holds, we'll see

Mastadon

Banned
Who didn't see this coming?

The Guardian said:
Hot Arsenal transfer news! Arsène Wenger is close to resigning Mathieu Flamini, who has been training with them for two weeks since being released by Milan. That is so very Arsenal. His £75,000-a-week wage demands may well be the stumbling block, mind. Some brass neck. But they desperately need cover for Wilshere and Ramsey though

PowderedToast

SSN: willian has completed tottenham medical and was close to finishing deal but is "now considering his options"

...could it be?? a ray of hope ;~;

Wilbur

Banned
Already taken the four point hit and got Anelka out for Cornelius. Fuck this.

Bought a new Palermo keeper in FM. Bardi seems great, yeah, his second game for the club, 0-0 in stoppage time.

http://i.minus.com/ibu3FBWzpd7TOO.gif[/IM]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/igEDrKbsUZut3.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

:lol

I've forgotten my steam password and email and I got an FM hankerin :(

pappe

SSN: willian has completed tottenham medical and was close to finishing deal but is "now considering his options"

...could it be?? a ray of hope ;~;

Could mean anything. Spurs could be stalling until the Bale deal is final. Willian might have received a better offer from some other team.

It could also be that Spurs are waiting for after their match tonight before making the announcement and the papers are making shit up.

Barzul

Bummer.

Something like this comes within budget or you can go Haswell too but that'd work out at around $620

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($172.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($52.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.25 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($153.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($37.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $573.14
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 10:39 EDT-0400)

You'll not be able to overclock with that CPU though.
Thanks, can I upgrade the CPU later? Or is it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom