• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Twitter is going a bit nuts. Everyone seems to think that there's going to be a story breaking later today that Madrid are now back in for Suarez.

There's 12 fucking days left in the window. It's FAR too late for us to do anything now, especially when you consider how bloody awful it's been trying to get high quality players in in the first place.

Duncan Castles says that he has a story regarding his future later today. I'm betting he's signed a contract extension.

kharma45

I really hope the Bale deal goes through. lols for Madrid and great for Spurs. They'll have massively strengthened their team as a whole this summer and come out with a profit.

Feorax

Duncan Castles says that he has a story regarding his future later today. I'm betting he's signed a contract extension.

I hope so. I can only assume of Madrid were having trouble raising money for Bale, there's no way they'd be able to meet our asking price for Suarez.

Salvadora

Twitter is going a bit nuts. Everyone seems to think that there's going to be a story breaking later today that Madrid are now back in for Suarez.

There's 12 fucking days left in the window. It's FAR too late for us to do anything now, especially when you consider how bloody awful it's been trying to get high quality players in in the first place.
The rift between Liverpool and Arsenal fans will only grow bigger if it was because of a Benzema bid.

bjaelke

Apparently Papa needed knee treatment in training today.

He was never right for us.

8OJTDBS.gif

dc89

1236179_10153171462240455_2019831976_n.jpg

Now here's a sight for sore eyes!

And some other cool pics.

1011942_10153171462275455_809146643_n.jpg

Hands on hips is our equivalent to Liverpool's leaning

971100_10153171461695455_56575213_n.jpg

*swoon*

1146619_10153171461910455_1945345032_n.jpg

pulga

Banned
Exciting couple of days at Madrid. Raul get's his testimonial today and Bale will be confirmed tomorrow!

Xavi Hernández ha lamentado el estado del césped del Calderón. "El campo estaba muy seco y eso nos ha creado muchas dificultades".

He goes into more salty detail but for some reason I can't find the original article on desktop, just on mobile -_-

lawls

dc89

Closer to the time, I think we need to add the Pokebro's list to the OP. And maybe even a PS4 list, just so we all know who's where.

ibqYpxxeO2NDLv.gif

#fuckxbone

Feorax

I wonder if we're averse to having more than one player on loan at a time? Sakho on loan makes far too much sense for us not to do it, and then see if glass-man is in better shape next year.

Sakho, Agger, Toure, Ilori.

Salvadora

Pie in the sky scenario:

1. Arsenal pay £70m for Benzema and Di Maria.
  2. All upfront because we are baller with massive cash reserves #yolo
  3. Real Madrid use the cash to pay for Suarez & Bale.
  4. Liverpool & Spurs lose their best player
  5. Arsenal get Champions League football for another year
That's where my dreams are, omgkitty.

In Wenger we trust
p0QHO.gif
#NewDeal

pulga

Banned
Found it!

"Ha sido un partido difícil con el campo seco. Se han encerrado. No nos han dejado espacios. Lo hemos intentado de todas las formas. El juego ha sido muy brusco. El gol de Neymar nos ha dado la vida", aseguró Xavi Hernández al término del partido en el Vicente calderón.

"Queríamos circular rápido el balón pero no han regado el campo. En la vuelta tendremos un campo mojado y eso nos beneficiará. Había que tener paciencia y hemos tenido una buena recompensa al trabajo", añadió el centrocampista.

Quick google translate because fuck you if you think Im gonna do it myself:

"It was a tough game with a dry field. They've locked themselves up. Spaces not have left us. We have tried all ways. The game has been very sharp. Neymar's goal has given us life," said Xavi Hernandez after the match at the Vicente calderón.

"We wanted to quickly move the ball but they have not watered the field. At Camp Nou we will have a wet field and that will benefit us. Had to be patient and have had a good reward for the work," said the midfielder.

CRY MOAR

bjaelke

I wonder if we're averse to having more than one player on loan at a time? Sakho on loan makes far too much sense for us not to do it, and then see if glass-man is in better shape next year.

Sakho, Agger, Toure, Ilori.
We've sent 6 players out on loan. 7 with Wisdom. I reckon we can take one more in if necessary.

Manager

With Scott Sinclair to WBA done, there's only Barry left and then the squad is perfect. Biggest wage-hoggers gone, 2 players for each position and no arrow throwing or golfing.

edit
Also apparently Sinclair makes £60k a week

GQman2121

Banned
Real shame no one told Konami, outside of Kojima, that there's these systems coming out this fall that makes games look and play slightly better. PES 14' is demoing really well at GameCom.

I played God Of War III for five hours last night. It still looks very good and it's been so long since my initial playthrough that it all feels new. Having a surprisingly good time and I'm playing on Titan difficulty. I might get this platinum.

Manager

City squad will then be:
Hart / Pantilimon
Zabaleta / Richards
Kompany / Boyata (/new CB?)
Nastasic / Lescott
Clichy / Kolarov
Yaya / Garcia
Fernandinho / Rodwell
Navas / Milner
Silva / Nasri
Aguero / Jovetic
Dzeko / Negredo

Nice group of players. Then Rekik as CB next year, who has been chosen for Dutch national team at 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom