• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
Could use a word class DM for sure. But people completely dismissing Mikel are dumb, his performances just gets completely ignored when they are brilliant (Bayern final for example he showed his class). Essien is an open question... I doubt there is many willing to take him off Chelsea, so all the club can do is really hope he can regain some form from before his injuries.

Still think Mikel/ Esseien Lamps/Ramires/ Van person is weaker then city, or spurs. No point mentioning about Bayen and the rest

D_prOdigy

Anyone else thinks dembele hasn't really fulfilled his potential at spurs? He was amazing at Fulham but seems to have sort of gone backwards at spurs

He hasn't gone backwards. He's continued to be a very solid, combative midfielder, albeit now surrounded by higher quality players.

Manager

tagged-football-jokes-meme-funny-manchester_4587094859908368.jpg

What was so impressive was that he never stopped running, that's why I think LB will hate him. Not only his pace, because there are more fast wingers. But he just keeps making runs, time after time. And then you have Zaba too. They're both tireless, can run for infinity.

Pat Nevin: "There are suggestions by a no. of people that to get Rooney, it might cost them more than money - a specific player"

Plz.

Everybody wins.

GQman2121

Banned
I don't think Mata is fully fit yet. There were large spells during the game yesterday where the ball was being played up the middle and he was nowhere to be found.

Clearly, Hazard, Oscar and Mata have free reign to move about how they see fit with the flow of play, but Mata was just out of sync yesterday. The one cross that he attempted in the second half was well of the mark too.

spidye

Anyone of BayernGAF seen that short bit about Bayern's supporter problem on Sport1?

I was seriously amazed what kind of people are in charge for Bayern. There's no hope for the fans, those guys are out of touch with reality. Well, if they want stuck-up rich guys that clap their Klatschpappen when Bayern is winning and instantly start booing when they don't play well, they should just continue what they're doing... Home atmosphere for everyone at the Allianz Arena, just not for Bayern lol

I haven't seen it. is it online?

our ultras were always awful though.

Showaddy

I can attest to this. The fucker ruined my 21st birthday.

Heh.

I suppose Spur's thrashing Tbilisi means they'll be able to rest their 1st team next week before the NLD as well. Then again Arsenal won't have much trouble with their mid week game either...

Clegg

If Chelsea really want Rooney that badly then they can give us Mata in exchange.

That's the only way I can see United selling Rooney before the transfer window closes.

dc89

How long before the saudade kicks in and Navas asks to be sent back to Spain though?

It's alright, a small neighbour club signed his brother. Rumours of City paying his salary.

City are the most Spanish like side in the league :lol

All the Spanish speaking players, coaches, manager, executives! If he can't settle with us, sadly he can't settle outside of Spain.

Money isn't an issue for Chelsea, so I can't see why they would ever do that.

Yes United may dictate that they want Mata for any deal to happen, but money is money.

I don't think United would accept £50m for him at this point.

We can't buy anybody, what would we do with it?

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 1m
Now @willianborges88 and his agents are in @SpursOfficial centre waiting to sign, while @chelsea offered €37M to #Anzhi. Incredible!

Oh to be a fly on the wall...

Oh dear, Mata leaving talk again.

We would never sell him to United or give him up as part of any Rooney deal. Roo wants out, Mata doesn't. I still think he's getting a new contract soon, but it has been discussed for a while.

Mou will use him, POTY for the last 2 seasons at the club, fan favourite it. Why would you get rid of someone like that?

United would have sold ages ago if they hadn't been so incompetent at signing players. Fabregas was embarrassing as was their offer for Baines/Fellaini.

I read talk of Yilmaz being considered if we don't get Roo, Eto'o as well, Jackson Martinez today…

Feorax

Fucking Chelsea bidding for Willian is incredible. It's seriously made my night. There's always a bigger fish I guess!

It's an interesting development. Lamela on his own is far from an adequate Bale replacement.

Seems Bale is done in any event. Apparently you can get a Bale 11 shirt on Madrid's site.

GQman2121

Banned
If Chelsea really want Rooney that badly then they can give us Mata in exchange.

That's the only way I can see United selling Rooney before the transfer window closes.

It's going to take more money. We're fucking around with these shit sub £30m bids, when we all know that it's going to likely cost double that. It just is. And we're to blame for it because it's our recent history and we can afford it.

It's really no different than what Levy is doing with Bale and Real. They want him; they can afford to pay; so they're paying.

All these Mata and Luiz rumors are just nonsense to write follow up stories that go nowhere. We're not a selling club. The players have shown absolutely no interesting in leaving. Bale and Rooney want to move on, so their clubs should just take the exorbitant amounts of money that are going to be offered and reinvest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom