• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Whilst I seriously doubt life is this kind, if Willian goes to Chelsea, and we break the bank for Lamela (by which I mean fuck principles, overpay by several million if necessary), that really changes our prospects for the top 4.

Zabojnik

SerieAGAF, any comments on Flamini's performances at Milan? I know he missed an entire season due to injury.

Nowhere near the Arsenal-era ones, imo. He had *some* good games with Milan, maybe even a few great ones over the years, but in general ... He pretty much flopped. I guess Arsenal needs a player like him in the midfield more than Milan does now, but it still reeks of a desperation move.

LTWheels

NKGh4vR.jpg

Meier

Willian is a great player but he isn't going to make it break Spurs' season. Lamela is the far more important cog with Bale leaving.

http://www.tv3sport.dk/live/3801

Can you guys watch the stream on that site?

It's legal, but I'm wondering if it's geo restricted or not.

wait why is this free?

Whilst I seriously doubt life is this kind, if Willian goes to Chelsea, and we break the bank for Lamela (by which I mean fuck principles, overpay by several million if necessary), that really changes our prospects for the top 4.

Hehe

Sane_Man

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 32s
While @SpursOfficial and #Anzhi were discussing about details (5% of solidarity contribution), abramovich called kerimov and offered €37M.

Haha. What a dick. Got to admit this small bit of egg on Spurs' face feels pretty sweet right now. Lamela is better than Willian anyway though :(

Zabojnik

Willian is a great player but he isn't going to make it break Spurs' season. Lamela is the far more important cog with Bale leaving.

Haha. What a dick. Got to admit this small bit of egg on Spurs' face feels pretty sweet right now. Lamela is better than Willian anyway though :(

How is Lamela better than Willian? Potentially, maybe. From what we've seen from both players so far ... No fucking way.

Wilbur

Banned
They absolutely got to get Lamela if Willian goes Chelsea. But I'd rather have the latter at this point I think.

Don't understand Chelsea's thinking behind it unless someone's leaving, and realistically it's only Mata.

3Sixty

BSSayWSCAAEEx6p.jpg

#SaintsFC becomes the first British football club to permanently display our official hashtag in our stadium seating!

I...I...

It was going so well...

Meier

How is Lamela better than Willian? Potentially, maybe. From what we've seen from both players so far ... No fucking way.
I wouldn't say he's better necessarily, but Lamela scores goals while Willian does not. In this scenario, Lamela is the more important addition IMO.

:lol

I assumed he was off anyway but seriously, you'll have six attackers that would be starting at almost any other club.

It doesn't matter, they'll just keep them all...see who doesn't cut it and maybe sell that person next year.

Costs not an issue for them.

:lol

I assumed he was off anyway but seriously, you'll have six attackers that would be starting at almost any other club.

I can only count 5. Mou must have realized now that the new German Messi is also not really Messi. That's what happens when you sign players from low level leagues.

Timurid

Cabaye to PSG looks like a done deal right now and now our midfield is set. Now the problem is with Sakho, hopefully he changes his tune and agrees with the loan idea. If he does go, it'll make perfect sense for himself and the NT to go to Arsenal. Koscielny and him can start a good CB partnership for club and country.

sohois

Get rid of Moses, drop Oscar into CM and it becomes a lot easier for Chelsea to manage their attackers if they were to get Willian. So it's not impossible for them.

Now, why they would do this rather than simply buying an actual CM - which they very much need - is unknown. Mourinho, perhaps having missed out on the Man Utd job is determined to mimic SAF anyway he can at Chelsea.

KidA said:
You guys don't hate Chelsea after the Torres fiasco? Or how about Miereles?

Chelsea didn't really do much - they just submitted a bid, and raised it to a level the club found acceptable. Of course it helps that the player subsequently became useless, but I can't really visualize how my reaction would be different if the outcome had changed. As for Meireles, that was really all Liverpool's doing, in failing to give him the wage rise promised and letting him leave on deadline day.

And before you ask, no I don't hate Arsenal for doing similar to Suarez, they didn't really do anything untoward either, all they did was make themselves look like fools

Salvadora

Cabaye to PSG looks like a done deal right now and now our midfield is set. Now the problem is with Sakho, hopefully he changes his tune and agrees with the loan idea. If he does go, it'll make perfect sense for himself and the NT to go to Arsenal. Koscielny and him can start a good CB partnership for club and country.
Can you give us mates rates?

Carbonox

As much as I like Cabaye, I'm happy for him to go to PSG. Seems like the right place and is sure as shit not questionable like it would be if he went to Arsenal of all places.

Edit: Swansea 3-0 now :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom