• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody post that little girl saying stop gif pls.

iUuO8AGlvy7CK.gif

pappe

So Spurs got Levy'd?

Damn this has been one of the most insane transfer windows ever!

I have feeling things are gonna get crazier!

Damn if Chelsea land Etoó this league is as good as over.

fuenf

Bough the Bayern Blu-Ray
066740364-fc-bayern-muenchen-mia-san-champions.jpg

and wow it's a piece of crap. (hyperbole)

The CL final stutters and it's not done by the TV commentators but some random Bayern bloke. The English audiostream might be better but I couldnt take it because of the image stuttering. Even Motionplus etc. doesnt help.

The documentary is a little bit better, but there's no tension what so ever when they are recapping the season. It has the worst music I've heard in a documentary, it's fucking elevator music. When the doc reaches the final it gets much better but that was a given anyway.

I'm just disappointed because it could've been so much better. Well it'll have to do...

Arnie

There is something a bit loveable about the tenacity in which Chelsea look to hoard attacking midfielders. They're more top heavy than us, and that's saying something.

If it keeps Willian out of Spurs' grasp though I'm more than happy to watch that deal fall into place. Can really see United or Arsenal laying a significant bid for Mata at their door, though. Think Mourinho would entertain it.

dc89

rlycJN5.png

BSSu6GMCEAAVgEl.jpg:large

He joins Barca B for one season. Next year he joins the firs team.

Buyout clause now: £10m
Buyout clause next season: £30m

Feorax

There is something a bit loveable about the tenacity in which Chelsea look to hoard attacking midfielders. They're more top heavy than us, and that's saying something.

If it keeps Willian out of Spurs' grasp though I'm more than happy to watch that deal fall into place. Can really see United or Arsenal laying a significant bid for Mata at their door, though. Think Mourinho would entertain it.

We are top heavy, but it still feels like we're going into the season very light if we don't get at least one more attacking signing in.

Ideally a RW who would provide good cover for Johnson. Think we'll be fragile on the flanks if we're relying on Aspas, Suarez and the kids.

I'd be fucking livid if we paid for a medical and the player fucked off elsewhere anyway

Willian to Chelsea
Mata to Madrid
Ozil to Spurs
Bale to Madrid
Lamela to Liverpool

pls

GHG

Gold Member
Apparently we are trying to get the Flamini deal done in time to have him available for the Fulham game on Saturday:

Jamie Sanderson ‏@Sanderson
Arsenal trying to get paper work to sign Mathieu Flamini done before 12 tomorrow so he can be in squad v Fulham. Will be tight.

Jamie Sanderson ‏@Sanderson
Flamini turned down 3 offers from Italian clubs plus West Ham to train with Arsenal. Always hoped to earn a contract.

Well done Wenger for getting us some squad depth for free. Now dust off the cheque book and buy some real players please.

Oh and:

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 44m
100 - A win at Fulham on Saturday will see Arsenal become the first London team to record 100 derby wins in the Premier League. Manor.

We own London. Fuck ya'll haters.

United gives up on Garay. apparently the paying method didn't please United (we wanted all the money at once, not partitioned) as did the value (United was unwilling to go over 20mil €).

Meier

%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3Bale-Real-Madrid-shirt-2199308.jpg

Some shops in Spain are already selling this. :lol

Btw, regarding the Bale story... from yesterday.

I am having a good day in Europa qualifiers. Alexander Meier scored twice in the Frankfurt game and then Jonathan (my real name) netted a hat trick in the Salzburg game. :lol

Arnie

Not a fan of shelvy

Interesting that we're going for Will Hughes.

Essentially Rodgers has made the call that he rates Hughes ahead of Shelvey, although our head scout's been obsessed with Hughes for 6 months now, apparently. I'm skeptical, to be honest.

I'd still like Liverpool to sign Williams.
Whatever role we envisaged for Williams is filled by Toure.

And god am I glad. Cheaper, and better. Funny to see Rodgers cracking up when talking about Kolo today. It's the same thing I do when I talk about him. He even said that he's just a funny player to watch play, because he's always screaming and doing weird shit.

Not loved a player this much since Suso. Never thought I'd love again.

Can someone craft me a boss Kolo avy pls.

Meier

Essentially Rodgers has made the call that he rates Hughes ahead of Shelvey, although our head scout's been obsessed with Hughes for 6 months now, apparently. I'm skeptical, to be honest.

Watch the video of him playing against Leeds around last Christmas. It's so good. City were linked much of last season but I guess Manuel isn't interested. *shrug*

fuenf

wow the Bayern film is done by fucking amateurs, they have no idea how to pace or edit a documentary. I can't believe it they are drowning out the celebrations with some thrashy eurothrash german pop song. WTF

I want my money back :( I could've done a far better job than that... fuck Bayern-
documentary-makers

bobito

Banned

And god am I glad. Cheaper, and better. Funny to see Rodgers cracking up when talking about Kolo today. It's the same thing I do when I talk about him. He even said that he's just a funny player to watch play, because he's always screaming and doing weird shit.

Quick google said the bid was 10m, surely not that high?

dc89

Doubt he'll be able to replace Luis Alberto but he's still a good acquisition for the Segunda side.

After his first season with the first team he will sign a new deal. He'll get a silly release clause like £60-70m. Then the first option and 20% sell on is fucking redundant.
#holistic

Watch the video of him playing against Leeds around last Christmas. It's so good. City were linked much of last season but I guess Manuel isn't interested. *shrug*
It's the same scout isn't it, cos Liverpool took City's.

Yen

Think we need another experienced CB, and if we were to end the window by signing Williams and Il Huce, I'd be happy.

Arnie

Fuck.

Got an image of some freak in an allotment shack masturbating over Will Hughes memorabilia.

Time to get some tea. If there's nout on the Tesco reduced shelf I'm crossing the road and getting Nandos. Fuck it, YOLO. Get paid tomorrow and I've had a cheap week. And I've been dicked around by women so I need some chicken to assuage my wounds.

bjaelke

Great result for Esbjerg who managed to get 4-3 at home against Saint Etienne. Very entertaining match. Doubt they'll make it to the group stage.

pappe

What are the chances of Bales move to Madrid being held up IF Spurs miss out on both Lamela and Willian.

I wouldnt be surprised if Levy will try to get a few more millions from Real to help them compete against Chelsea for Willian.

sohois

The level of Liverpool fandom that Hughes occupies, I don't think it would matter if City did come in for him - the guy is practically a RAWK member

We should've signed Paulinho.

Just like we should've signed Dembele. Fuck Spurs.

Dembele is the really annoying one cos we played against him a few days before he went to Spurs and he beasted us. And he was really cheap. And we had Berbatov who Fulham wanted.

It was complete incompetence.

Wilbur

Banned
Dembele is the really annoying one cos we played against him a few days before he went to Spurs and he beasted us. And he was really cheap. And we had Berbatov who Fulham wanted.

It was complete incompetence.

Makes me a bit sad reading this

How have we missed out on three midfielders Spurs have bought in one year? It's just ridiculous :lol

We're gonna finish fifth when RVP gets his ankle broken by rusty Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom