• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

It must just be me, but Michael Dawson does not look well.

Ted Lasso was drilling him training.

y0OX2HI.png

Carbonox

Looking forward to this Spurs game. Soldado, Chadli and Paulinho.

Hnnnnngh

Edit: AVB get in my wheelbarrow you sexy noodle.

Labadal

All United bro's can fuck off when it comes to Welbeck. I'm the only one who's been defending him for the last year and I'm a Liverpool fan.

Vucinic pairing up with Tevez. So, pretty much as I suggested, Conte is again using second strikers up front rather than pure strikers or second strikers, or combination. Not the typical trequartista/striker combo Juve has historically played.

L1NETT

watching motd on sky plus.

Why do the BBC keep hiring Alan Shearer. A walking Cliche who can barley string a decent sentence together.

Thank god for fast forward.

All United bro's can fuck off when it comes to Welbeck. I'm the only one who's been defending him for the last year and I'm a Liverpool fan.

Ahem. Over here! I was chief of the Welbeck defence force, and I think Wilbz also had a (few) kind words to say.

L1NETT

Gayle looks like a 12 year old. 6m as well? Never heard of him before.

Lower League chap. Played for Dag and Reg and then banged a few in for Peteboro

When he played against us, he looked good but no better than Nahki Wells. Palace picking him up is laughable, Holloway officially lost the plot.

Croyles

Watching Wolfsburg vs Schalke highlights and I'd say Luiz Gustavo is worth every penny. PL myopia never ceases to astound.

Gustavo was excellent in that game. Instant successful buy. Not sure how Arsenal fucked that up. Although apparently Gustavo just didn't want to move country, mostly because of his family.

elseanio

watching motd on sky plus.

Why do the BBC keep hiring Alan Shearer. A walking Cliche who can barley string a decent sentence together.

Thank god for fast forward.

Ahem. Over here! I was chief of the Welbeck defence force, and I think Wilbz also had a (few) kind words to say.

Their analysis is bullshit. I wish they'd cut it all out, and just extend the highlights. I especially hate when they purposefully don't include a specific highlight so they can include it in the analysis. Have their shitty panel on the iPlayer if they must

Monday Night Football last season was how it should be done. Looking forward to Neville and Carragher tomorrow!

Carbonox

Lower League chap. Played for Dag and Reg and then banged a few in for Peteboro

When he played against us, he looked good but no better than Nahki Wells. Palace picking him up is laughable, Holloway officially lost the plot.

Oh he's the one my buds were on about at Football this morning. They were laughing when someone at Palace (could have been Holloway) said he was the most dangerous finisher he's ever seen. :lol They were all wtf he's had pretty much no experience and is now 6m? loooooool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vucinic pairing up with Tevez. So, pretty much as I suggested, Conte is again using second strikers up front rather than pure strikers or second strikers, or combination. Not the typical trequartista/striker combo Juve has historically played.

Llorente was supposed to start but apparently he's not 'tactically' ready whatever that means :'(

Tevez-Mirko sounds delicious on paper, so let's see!

Carbonox

Love Dembele. As tidy a player as you will find in the league. He's a tank, got technique and is a complete engine of a player.

Llorente was supposed to start but apparently he's not 'tactically' ready whatever that means :'(

Tevez-Mirko sounds delicious on paper, so let's see!

Yeah, Conte has said Llorente needs some more work. Doesn't mean he won't play at all, but he's probably not ready to start. Which is fine since Llorente != Elia. Expect to see him by second or third game of the season, but maybe a substitute role or two until then.

I'm quite happy with Tevez-Mirko! I think it'll solve the problem of Vucinic feeling the burden of creativity.

GorillaJu

Love Dembele. As tidy a player as you will find in the league. He's a tank, got technique and is a complete engine of a player.

Very true - I just wonder why Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool never went after him. Not like it was a secret - he was Fulham's best player for a good 2 or 3 seasons.

he is just especially bad,

He really doesn't stand out to me, I'm constantly rolling my eyes at the pundits/commentators.

I mean, Niall Quinn here is beyond bad. He's the Bashar al-Assad of the commentary world.

I wish we could have Bumble and Ray Hudson

Hixx

He really doesn't stand out to me, I'm constantly rolling my eyes at the pundits/commentators.

I mean, Niall Quinn here is beyond bad. He's the Bashar al-Assad of the commentary world.

I wish we could have Bumble and Ray Hudson

Ray Hudson is the worst commentator going. He is annoying as fuck, the ultimate in cringe.

Salvadora

Ray Hudson is the worst commentator going. He is annoying as fuck, the ultimate in cringe.
I thought he was very good when he was commentating Arsenal vs. Man City. He only came out with Hudsonisms when a goal was scored, or a really good chance.

There are far, far worse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, Conte has said Llorente needs some more work. Doesn't mean he won't play at all, but he's probably not ready to start. Which is fine since Llorente != Elia. Expect to see him by second or third game of the season, but maybe a substitute role or two until then.

elhormiguero01.jpg

Don't even joke about that. :(

I'm quite happy with Tevez-Mirko! I think it'll solve the problem of Vucinic feeling the burden of creativity

And the burden of scoring, hopefully.

el-hormiguero-08.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom