• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
No you absolute clit sandwich. Hahaha your reading comprehension is fucking appalling.

All united fans on this forum do all day is shit on our own club over signings. When someone says "united can't sign players", we normally agree and slate the club

When someone says your font is shit your default reaction is slate the other club. The font is shit. It doesn't matter. It doesn't impact on anything. But it's shit.

You hear that and you turn into some weird fucking zealot who had a great wartime grandfather who died, nothing but his custom font book in his hand and a post it note with nothing but Adidas HQ's address on it. Focus on the fucking match your team is playing in, instead of giving a fuck when someone dares to criticise your kit :lol

It's just utterly inane to me for you to give such a fuck that no one likes your kit, so you shit all over everything else.

But your shirt is shit.

And your singings nonexistent.

and Januzaj is crap.

and Moyes lol

LEMME WATCH THE DAMN GAME THEN

No you absolute clit sandwich. Hahaha your reading comprehension is fucking appalling.

All united fans on this forum do all day is shit on our own club over signings. When someone says "united can't sign players", we normally agree and slate the club

When someone says your font is shit your default reaction is slate the other club. The font is shit. It doesn't matter. It doesn't impact on anything. But it's shit.

You hear that and you turn into some weird fucking zealot who had a great wartime grandfather who died, nothing but his custom font book in his hand and a post it note with nothing but Adidas HQ's address on it. Focus on the fucking match your team is playing in, instead of giving a fuck when someone dares to criticise your kit :lol

It's just utterly inane to me for you to give such a fuck that no one likes your kit, so you shit all over everything else.

jLUUs353mpFVI.png

Hixx

Firefox transition went smooth except... I CANT FIND THAT QUICK REPLY EXTENSION TO FIREFOX.

Edit : Oh wait, of course I find it now.

Edit Edit : Wait this is not that one. I want the one with the smileys. :'[

KuGsj.gif
3AQmK.gif
LLShC.gif
zWVbK.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
TadkV.gif
e5YuU.gif
wtzgU.gif

this is why you never split up with chrome bro

miserable

The crowd chanting "Iker Iker" while Diego Lopez warming up was not very classy.I also didn't like how the cameras were focused on the two of them.This match shouldn't be about Casillas' problems.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
9 years ago

on the last day of the transfer market, we signed these two:

zLC3gPP.png

And the rest is hist....oh

Arnie

Do not want. No more players and buy Bale next summer if he keeps up the same pace.

hahahahahahahaha you support everyone

I'm genuinely laughing, and I don't normally genuinely laugh when I word my amusement as such.

EVERYONE

Suen

Madrid and footy-gaf, let's make one thing clear here: I know it's just some shit team from Qatar but we're probably stronger up front with current Raul than what we are with Benz.

Thank you captain, thank you legend.

tumblr_l3v3oeupOB1qbmsgv.jpg

Man U would be sooooo good if you were fan owned. Not trying to rile you up or anything but I think it's fair to say if you would easily be bayern level.

Probably yeah, I reckon we'd be well above it because we'd comfortably be the most cash rich club around but obv we'd have to sign good players.

Easiest way to sum it up is that over the last 5/6 years we could have spent at least £300m buying players. That's a bottom line estimate, more like closer to something like £500m...could have spent spent on players, stadium, club infrastructure, all sorts of things - instead it's just been paid to banks :-/

Can't really do much about it though, just the way it is, kinda sad but I'm just resigned to it now.

noal

Banned
Hard to put an exact number on it.

When they sold 10% of the club they took about £90m/£100m of the proceeds, so that's money that they clearly siphoned off.

Otherwise they haven't really directly taken money out of the club in patently obvious ways but every now and then in our accounts you see things like "money paid be directors - £2m"...that kind of thing. Overall I'd estimate it's about £130, £140m.

Where it's hit us if the £600m+ we have paid in interest/debt related costs.

Cheers viva. Plus all the interest that we have paid since they took over. All of United's commercial deals were first rate before they took control. They have contributed nothing to our club.

K1LLER7

Probably yeah, I reckon we'd be well above it because we'd comfortably be the most cash rich club around but obv we'd have to sign good players.

Easiest way to sum it up is that over the last 5/6 years we could have spent at least £300m buying players. That's a bottom line estimate, more like closer to something like £500m...could have spent spent on players, stadium, club infrastructure, all sorts of things - instead it's just been paid to banks :-/

Can't really do much about it though, just the way it is, kinda sad but I'm just resigned to it now.
So 3 and a bit Bales.

Feorax

OMFG, that was what the hyped Guardian story was?! Real will do something we assumed they would anyway, and we'll reject it like we assumed we would?!

Looool! Twats, obviously in need of hits.

Ian Ayre should've called up Guardian up and asked them to burn the evidence. I'm sick of all this speculation.

Waiting for the classic Real Madrid low-baller bid now. Javier Portillo plus five million anyone?

Mastadon

Banned
OMFG, that was what the hyped Guardian story was?! Real will do something we assumed they would anyway, and we'll reject it like we assumed we would?!

Looool! Twats, obviously in need of hits.

It's fucking ridiculous. It's not even that Madrid are going to make a bit, the story is based on the fact that Rodgers thinks they might bid.

Such a non-story.

LTWheels

Apparently the article says that FSG overrode Brendan regarding Willian's price by putting their foot down, and Brendan was not too happy about that.

Can't be bothered to try and read it to see if that's true. Too small font.

pulga

Banned
The King's gift to Raul.
1377203833_488126_1377206298_album_grande.jpg

Iker slapping the armband on our true capitan.
1377203833_488126_1377205997_album_grande.jpg

Dat silverware.
1377203833_488126_1377206043_album_grande.jpg

I love you, Raul <3
1377198598_extras_portada_6.jpg

Mastadon

Banned
Apparently the article says that FSG overrode Brendan regarding Willian's price by putting their foot down, and Brendan was not too happy about that.

Can't be bothered to try and read it to see if that's true. Too small font.

The relevant bit:

Liverpool have endured similar frustration this summer and Rodgers did not hide his disappointment after the club failed to land Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala. The Brazil midfielder's future is unresolved, with Chelsea making a late play for the Tottenham Hotspur target. Willian is understood to have had a medical at Spurs on Tuesday but there is anxiety at White Hart Lane that he may be slipping through their fingers.

Liverpool's interest is over after Fenway Sports Group refused to pay above their valuation of the 25-year-old. The Anfield club were close to a £30m deal at the weekend only for an improved package from Spurs to prompt the owners to withdraw.

Rodgers said: "We identify the targets and then try and get the deal done financially. That's how it was. The club pushed as hard as they felt they could financially but it wasn't to be. "It's the owners' money and they will always have the final say because it's they who run the club. What they have taken on here is a huge job. You have seen over the last few years they will finance a project we are trying to develop and what we have to make sure of is we get the right players and the value and worth of the player is right. It's disappointing because this was a player who would have been perfect for us."

The Liverpool manager added: "It wasn't a football reason [why the deal collapsed] and I don't really want to go into it. That's for us as a club really. The bottom line is he hasn't come here for whatever reason and we move on."

Salvadora

It says Benzema is one of Florentino Perez' favorite players and he probably wouldn't be too keen on moving to Arsenal.
Perez and Turok's favourite.

That was always the most likely reason why this reported interest was so ridiculous. Perez is king.

PaulLFC

I was looking on the TV guide website before to see what football was on over the bank holiday weekend and wow... I was bored earlier so I made a list:

Friday
7:00pm: SPL - Rangers v Airdrieonians (Live, BT Sport 1)
7:00pm: Bundesliga - Dortmund v Werder Bremen (Live, BT Sport 2)
7:30pm: League One - Wolves v Crawley Town (Live, Sky Sports 1)

Saturday
7:00am: Ligue 1 - Monaco v Toulouse (BT Sport 1)
11:30am: Premier League - Fulham v Arsenal (Live, BT Sport 1)
12:00pm: Championship - Bolton v QPR (Live, Sky Sports 1)
5:00pm: Premier League - Aston Villa v Liverpool (Live, Sky Sports 1)
5:00pm: Bundesliga - Hertha Berlin v Hamburg (Live, BT Sport 1)
5:55pm: La Liga - Elche v Real Sociedad (Live, Sky Sports 4)
7:00pm: Ligue 1 - Lyon v Reims (Live, ESPN)
7:45pm: Serie A - Sampdoria v Juventus (Live, BT Sport 1)
11:00pm: Bundesliga - Bayern v Nuremberg (BT Sport 1)

Sunday
8:00am: Ligue 1 - Valenciennes v Marseille (BT Sport 1)
9:30am: Serie A - Hellas Verona v AC Milan (BT Sport 1)
12:30pm: MLS - Vancouver Whitecaps v LA Galaxy (BT Sport 1)
1:00pm: Ligue 1 - Lille v St Etienne (Live, BT Sport 2)
1:00pm: Championship - Watford v Nottingham Forest (Live, Sky Sports 1)
2:00pm: Bundesliga - Eintracht Braunschweig v Frankfurt (Live, BT Sport 1)
3:30pm: Premier League - Cardiff v Man City (Live, Sky Sports 1)
4:00pm: Ligue 1 - Ajaccio v Nice (Live, ESPN)
4:30pm: Bundesliga - FC Augsburg v Stuttgart (Live, BT Sport 1)
5:00pm: Serie A - Inter Milan v Genoa (Live, BT Sport 2)
6:30pm: La Liga - Atletico Madrid v Rayo Vallecano (Live, Sky Sports 1)
7:30pm: Serie A - Lazio v Udinese (Live, BT Sport 1)
8:00pm: La Liga - Malaga v Barcelona (Live, Sky Sports 1)
8:00pm: Ligue 1 - Nantes v PSG (Live, BT Sport 2)
10:00pm: MLS - Chivas USA v NY Red Bulls (Live, BT Sport 1)

Monday
12:00am: MLS - Chicago Fire v Sporting Kansas City (BT Sport 1)
1:30am: Brasileirao - Vasco da Gama v Corinthians (BT Sport 1)
3:00am: MLS - Seattle Sounders v Portland Timbers (Live, BT Sport 1)
5:00pm: Conference - Hyde v Grimsby Town (Live, BT Sport 1)
7:00pm: Premier League - Man United v Chelsea (Live, Sky Sports 1)
7:45pm: Serie A - Fiorentina v Catania (Live, BT Sport 1)
7:55pm: La Liga - Granada v Real Madrid (Live, Sky Sports 3)

Obviously not going to watch all of them but I can't remember the last time we had that many matches to choose from.

Arnie

Not going to get pissy at the Willian thing. It's incredibly easy to lay into FSG but they're the same people who paid £35 million for Andy Carroll when Kenny and Comolli demanded it, and the very people who refused to pay over the odds for Dempsey, which would've prevented us from buying on of either Sturridge or Coutinho.

I'm convinced we should throw £7 million at Spurs for Glyfi, though.

Clegg

Saturday will be a good day of football.

Gonna watch Fulham/Arsenal and Villa/Pool.

Might watch Dortmund later too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom