• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

The Company in Heroes was inspired by them.

bd33b2e7-1b30-4977-ab4a-5dd6ae6ce9bethe%20company.jpg

Replace "has an interest in locating and tracking evolved humans" with "young and juicy players to sell in a few years."

Ah back when Heroes was good.

i bet KZ multi gonna run at 60/720p too. talk about hype killer.

I can't see that happening, it'll be 1080p for sure. Less players online, less destruction and no vehicles.

justjohn

So there are now rumours that mourinho had nothing to do with the willian bid and that it was all abramovich's idea. This club is fucking mental.

Maybe we gave up the striker chase and want to play Hazard as a false 9 or something.

Deal really doesn't make much sense other than to fuck with Spurs.

@ChelseaRumours: Rumours that Mourinho has nothing to do with the Willian bid, and that it is Abramovich's own idea.

Hmm, same thing happened with Mata, AVB wanted Modric, Roman bought Mata, haha.

I still think all this points towards a 4-3-3 which Mou was doing in pre-season (i'll keep saying it until he does it). No idea how actually true the above it though

rvy

Banned
@ChelseaRumours: Rumours that Mourinho has nothing to do with the Willian bid, and that it is Abramovich's own idea.

Chelsea off to a great start, that relationship is gonna last a long, long time. I can see it already.

That kid is either gay or he/his parents have shitload of money.

Not even joking.

Just keep it in here, nobody wants you banned.

But I'm leaning towards hoax too, he's making out with two different chicks in the same place, in the same night and they seem to be aware of each other, so... I don't know.

bobito

Banned
Next gen will already be out of date by 2-3 years when the consoles launch. It's not going to be like previous console generations where they briefly overtake PCs.

Is this true? Really haven't been paying attention to games for the past few years

I'm gonna get a new pc when my laptop finally dies

panty

Chelsea off to a great start, that relationship is gonna last a long, long time. I can see it already.

Just keep it in here, nobody wants you banned.

But I'm leaning towards hoax too, he's making out with two different chicks in the same place, in the same night and they seem to be aware of each other, so... I don't know.
I don't see how that's bannable, I was just stating. It's a hoax or one of the above. All for personality but cmon, just like you said, different girls same location and all that.

rvy

Banned
He's wearing the same shirt in most of the pics, which means he probably took most of them in 'one night'.

Mystery solved.

Why are the chicks going with it, though? To prove a point?

I don't see how that's bannable, I was just stating. It's a hoax or one of the above. All for personality but cmon, just like you said, different girls same location and all that.

You never know, someone might take offense with it.

kharma45

Is this true? Really haven't been paying attention to games for the past few years

Yeah this gen we've had hardware in PCs that has been more powerful than the next gen consoles since 2011. It's totally different from last gen when the 360 came out and was a step ahead.

qindarka

Banned
I believe there's some truth to it.

Yeah, it's an easy rumour to make up, playing to people's preconceived beliefs. Not saying that it's false, no proof of it at the moment though.

We football fans in general really tend to put too much stock into speculation and get overexcited early or are too quick to pour derision. Then, if the speculation was baseless, we forget all the nonsense we posted and go on to do the same thing when the next bit comes along.
I might as well add that I don't think that particular rumour is inconceivable.

Mou's press conference is at 1 so probably hear something about it then.

Worth noting that it was said Mou bought in Michael Emenalo's plan for the club when he came back, and thats part of the reason why Roman didn't accept Ememalo's resignation when he offered it. It might not be Mou's idea, but I doubt he's against it.

phaze

The board.

You know how they say that once you go black, you never go back?

Wenger went young once. He knows it's wrong, but he's powerless to resist.

His tastes refined with with his age, he's all about Arteta's of the world now.

KuGsj.gif
Golden.

Start of next generation of consoles makes me think about buying PS3.
I missed the whole current generation and this might be good time to catch up on all slashers I missed this and past gen. GoW 2,3, A , NG 1 and 2 + MGR and maybe Bayonetta would be a likely plan of action. Thank you based Capcom for two DMC's on PC that kept me from starvation.

I still think all this points towards a 4-3-3 which Mou was doing in pre-season (i'll keep saying it until he does it). No idea how actually true the above it though

AVB will play 4-3-3 one day too! And no Siggy doesn't count as a midfield 3! (in the league this is)

Roman took Mata instead of Modric? Fuck me.

Baldini should get on the phone and get Roman in as his assistant.

qindarka

Banned

Mata wasn't a replacement for Modric, they play different positions after all. We chased Modric up to the final day, falling back on Meireles when that failed. Mata was signed after PSG beat us to Pastore, I believe.

Also pretty sure AVB did want Mata, whether he came up with the idea first or not.

bobito

Banned
Yeah this gen we've had hardware in PCs that has been more powerful than the next gen consoles since 2011. It's totally different from last gen when the 360 came out and was a step ahead.

Wow crazy, I wonder how people will respond when they get underpowered devices in their hands.

justjohn

Also im pretty sure even abramovich is tired of all this hiring and firing. He currently has the best manager in world football at his club and I doubt he'd be that stupid to piss him off this early. But they're both mental so anything is possible.

sohois

PES is amazing

fifa seemed rank average by comparison, though i didn't play the next gen version.

in a 4 hour queue for the ps4 now

/gamescom

LTWheels

Yep

All this 8 gddr5 ram talk is pr to hide how weak the consoles really are. Especially the CPU, it is very very weak compared to i5s which have been around for ever. The CPU in the new consoles is essentially designed for mobile devices and laptops. Games will look good on these consoles due to the optimisation of only having to programme to one spec; but I believe the CPU will become a problem quicker than expected. I don't think planetside 2 will look or run that great on the PS4. if you look on the PC screenshot thread, you can already see how much more powerful pcs are than current gen due to how easy it is to downsample these 360ps3 ports.

As the gap between consoles and pcs gets bigger and bigger, it will become progressively cheaper to build pcs more powerful than the consoles.

Also im pretty sure even abramovich is tired of all this hiring and firing. He currently has the best manager in world football at his club and I doubt he'd be that stupid to piss him off this early. But they're both mental so anything is possible.

This I don't believe. If he thought this then Mourinho wouldn't have been his 3rd choice.

kharma45

Yep

All this 8 gddr5 ram talk is pr to hide how weak the consoles really are. Especially the CPU, it is very very weak compared to i5s which have been around for ever. The CPU in the new consoles is essentially designed for mobile devices and laptops. Games will look good on these consoles due to the optimisation of only having to programme to one spec; but I believe the CPU will become a problem quicker than expected. I don't think planetside 2 will look or run that great on the PS4. if you look on the PC screenshot thread, you can already see how much more powerful pcs are than current gen due to how easy it is to downsample these 360ps3 ports.

As the gap between consoles and pcs gets bigger and bigger, it will become progressively cheaper to build pcs more powerful than the consoles.

Sleepless is gonna hate me for saying this again but you're right, the CPU in the PS4 and Xbox One is just a glorified ULV CPU used in tablets and netbooks.

Planetside 2 is horribly optimised on the CPU side, how Jaguar is gonna cope with it I've no idea unless they've done a lot of work re-coding the game properly.

Showaddy

You get what you pay for I guess.

I remember arguing with people a while back actually when I said it'd be 720p as Guerilla had to go lock 30FPS to hit 1080p for Killzone.

Apparently though DICE knew their way round the PS4 better than an 1st party dev though because the parts were all off the shelf...

dc89

"Jovetic is not 100%. It's important his is 100% in this league"

The Engineer pretty much saying that Jojo won't feature this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom