• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
I was looking to invest in a low cost Steam/Media server PC this week and came across one based on the AMD A4-5000 based on the Jaguar cores. Checked out some benchmarks and...... Yikes. I was excited to see consoles based on x86, but not if they are 2013s answer to the Intel Atom or E450. Boo!

This Bale transfer is going to go well into next week now, thus delaying the merry go round. Thanks Obama Roman.

Just had a search, looks pretty bad tbh.

It's slower then my mums laptop??!!
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-3217U-vs-AMD-A4-5000

Mourinho: 'I want a 22-player squad. If somebody comes, somebody leaves. We don't need to sell, loan probably yes.' #CFC

Mata, Oscar, Hazard, KDB, Schurrle, Moses

Marin out on loan.

Just seems weird when they clearly need a striker to get another £30m player to be part of the squad.

Fry

I've never rooted that hard for Real Madrid.

RatAA1k.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Even discounting Moses, Chelsea now have six players - five top ones if we don't include Schurrle, Wooden - to play across two or three spots, and I think Hazard and Mata will be expected to start most games (or will expect to lest there be trouble). That leaves Willian, Oscar, KDB and Schurrle all fighting to be a first team regular. I know there's an awful amount of games and rotation, but it just seems greedy for the sake of being so.

GorillaJu

So, how many Bentekkers goals are we going to lose by tomorrow? I'm expecting a threepeat of last year's battering at Villa. Benteke isn't actually the worry for me, so much as Agbonlahor.

KdB will get dropped back I think, he'll be groomed as the next Lampard.

Read some stuff saying that Mikel is almost definitely going so perhaps that puts Justin Bieber (Van Ginkel) is a starting position unless we sign DDR or Khedira - the two players we were linked with anyway.

kharma45

I was looking to invest in a low cost Steam/Media server PC this week and came across one based on the AMD A4-5000 based on the Jaguar cores. Checked out some benchmarks and...... Yikes. I was excited to see consoles based on x86, but not if they are 2013s answer to the Intel Atom or E450. Boo!

This Bale transfer is going to go well into next week now, thus delaying the merry go round. Thanks Obama Roman.

A Pentium would do you for that, something like a G2020.

Wilbur

Banned

:lol

KdB will get dropped back I think, he'll be groomed as the next Lampard.

Read some stuff saying that Mikel is almost definitely going so perhaps that puts Justin Bieber (Van Ginkel) is a starting position unless we sign DDR or Khedira - the two players we were linked with anyway.

Chelsea would be fucking mad to sell Mikel if they don't bring anyone else in. He's the only midfielder with any restraint, Ramires and Lampard don't work well together.

Scum

Even discounting Moses, Chelsea now have six players - five top ones if we don't include Schurrle, Wooden - to play across two or three spots, and I think Hazard and Mata will be expected to start most games (or will expect to lest there be trouble). That leaves Willian, Oscar, KDB and Schurrle all fighting to be a first team regular. I know there's an awful amount of games and rotation, but it just seems greedy for the sake of being so.
Anything to put a damper on the Perez PR parade. :lol

;_;

So, how many Bentekkers goals are we going to lose by tomorrow? I'm expecting a threepeat of last year's battering at Villa. Benteke isn't actually the worry for me, so much as Agbonlahor.
4-1 to Arsenal. "We don't need to spend."

Salazar

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 10s
#mufc press conference is over. Moyes: "Rafael's out for 3-4 weeks. Young, Nani, and Chicha are still recovering, hopefully not far away."

Good ting we about to go transfer crazy innit

FuturusX

Rodgers calling for investment from FSG to compete for fourth. Which pretty much means:

a) We'll sign additinal players that fit some magical statistical algorithm - ala "Money Ball"

b) Finish 7th

c) Suarez leaves in the summer (providing he stays in this window) for much less than 40 million.

d) UTD fans continue to laugh at us as City lift the trophy.

e) Brendon actually writes some real names in those "envelopes" - see "Being Liverpool"

Showaddy

Fucking lol at Mourinho:

'That's the danger of medicals before contracts'. Mourinho on if Willian is about to sign: 'We have to do a medical'."

FuturusX

Clegg

Doron Salomon‏@DoronSalomon8m

Moyes says "there's a possibility" that United will sign no one. Fun times.

Manchester United‏@ManUtd6m

David Moyes on buying new players: "There is a need to do it but there's no pressure to do it. We'll bring in one or two if we can."

-_-

kharma45

You have to be objective and start by understanding the differences and needs of a general computing CPU vs closed dedicated CPU. Consoles don't really need that extra power.

We'll hit the wall in GPU performance well before CPU performance becomes an issue.

Jaguar is already having an affect, see BF4.

Arnie

Oh god that Moran video is great. As is the Sturridge interview on the website. Just bought a chippy for lunch and got called the anti-snob. Most of my colleagues went to a place called Hummus-bowl.

FuturusX

Chelsea need a striker not another midfield player. Ba and Torres? They'll never get it done. Rooney or the next "better" thing.

Clegg

The Guardian is saying that Everton have offered Paul Scharner a 4 year contract. He was released by Hamburg so he's a free agent.

Is Martinez trying to get Everton relegated?

Ha you and kharma have put me right off the new consoles, I just wish there was a £100 ps3 like there was ps2.

I'll still be getting a console, they're still gonna be good machines.

What Kharma said.

They are very capable machines, and there's gonna be a hell of a lot of room to improve as developers ditch 360/Ps3 code and get to grips with the new architecture, but don't believe the '8GB Gee Dee Dee Arr 5' hype.

dc89

Wow. If United sign no one I won't know what to think. Well I will actually.

No doubt United have a great squad. But it's not exactly what Moyes will have wanted. He'll have wanted to be backed properly and they've had all summer to bring players in. No excuses really.

I don't believe that players don't want to sign for United. It's Woodward or something.

Marwood > Woodward.

Doesn't bode well for PC gaming innit.

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will retire within next 12 months

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659405

Im not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of Ballmer and his workings, but its clear to me that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. They need someone fresh and new at the top, if they're really that serious about becoming a hardware company (as well as their software stuff) then they need someone who knows about that at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom