• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleepless is gonna hate me for saying this again but you're right, the CPU in the PS4 and Xbox One is just a glorified ULV CPU used in tablets and netbooks.

Planetside 2 is horribly optimised on the CPU side, how Jaguar is gonna cope with it I've no idea unless they've done a lot of work re-coding the game properly.

It is, PS2 is having its engine reworked to take advantage of multi-threaded CPUs instead of maximising single-threaded performance.

It's something that will help PS2 on PC as well supposedly.

Oh so you know roman's choices? You must have gotten that from the numerous interviews he gives.

Mou was sounded out last season afaik, I don't think we could have really known that his time in Spain would have ended up like it did. No idea who would have been above Mou to make him third choice, I reckon it was a split between him and Pep, one was available, one wasn't.

kharma45

It is, PS2 is having its engine reworked to take advantage of multi-threaded CPUs instead of maximising single-threaded performance.

It's something that will help PS2 on PC as well supposedly.

Happy days, it's a fucking mess on the CPU side on PC atm. I guess with the PS4 they've little option but to re-work the game with Jaguar's lesser IPC.

Scum

iwcKRwu.png

All dat 8GB GDDR5 coded to the metal

5YRcF.gif

You guys catch the bodybuilding.com meltdown thread? It's fucking glorious.
Make a statue of this kid at once.

Mystery solved:
k8od2OJ.jpg

5YRcF.gif

dc89

:lol

Oh no our player is out for a whole freaking month we have to buy somebody to replace him!

Hang on. Kolo gone, Nastasic injured, though he may be back real soon. We've wanted a CB all summer.

"If we do strengthen [at centre back] it will not just be because of Vincent Kompany’s injury. We have a very good squad and we see what happens."

You just don't want us to sign another player whilst Woodward tries to remember his email account password so he can mail Everton and beg for Fellaini and Baines.

Jojo is never 100%, by the way.

Oh. :(

Happy days, it's a fucking mess on the CPU side on PC atm. I guess with the PS4 they've little option but to re-work the game with Jaguar's lesser IPC.

Yup, they can't rely on strong single threaded performance from Intel Core CPUs any more and have to rework their engine because Jaguar is pretty weak.

GorillaJu

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 1分

Mourinho: 'We never close the door to adding more quality to our squad'
開く

Mourinho on Willian: 'He's an extra target (to Rooney)'

Mou says Willian is an extra transfer target to Rooney, says our interest in him is real. And that managers lie to the press regularly, always want to add quality. Also says he wants a 22 man squad and the club don't need to sell, might need to loan some out though (youngsters mainly). 22 player squad is perfect for our needs in the competitions.

In his press conference just now.

I remember arguing with people a while back actually when I said it'd be 720p as Guerilla had to go lock 30FPS to hit 1080p for Killzone.

Apparently though DICE knew their way round the PS4 better than an 1st party dev though because the parts were all off the shelf...

Upscaling it at 1080p is not that bad, I have realistic expectations when it comes to console gaming. If anyone really wants the full thing they know where to get it.

PC won't have ND games though so fuck that :p

Sleepless is gonna hate me for saying this again but you're right, the CPU in the PS4 and Xbox One is just a glorified ULV CPU used in tablets and netbooks.

ixcHzu9ExeoH.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Mourinho: 'We never close the door to adding more quality to our squad'
開く

Mourinho on Willian: 'He's an extra target (to Rooney)'

Di Marzio redeemed.

Wes

venison crêpe
Gareth Bale's proposed world-record move to Real Madrid has temporarily been put on hold, Press Association Sport understands.

Reports had suggested that Bale would finalise his £93million transfer to the Spanish capital this afternoon.

But it is understood that Spurs are unwilling to sanction Bale's move until they have signed at least one new player to fill the Welshman's position.

PA via Daily Record.

sohois

Awesome to know.

Gameplay cool? Sim enough?

im not sure what you mean; the game isn't a radical departure from previous iterations in the style, there is just a fluidity to everything which feels so real. players have weight to them, but there is speed as well if you want it.

really the only downside I can think of are the hilarious ratings:

carrick 82
cleverley 83
young 87
for example

Mou says Willian is an extra transfer target to Rooney, says our interest in him is real. And that managers lie to the press regularly, always want to add quality. Also says he wants a 22 man squad and the club don't need to sell, might need to loan some out though (youngsters mainly). 22 player squad is perfect for our needs in the competitions.

In his press conference just now.

So....does he want a 22 man squad or is he lying? :p

MATA GONE CONFIRMED.

He's going home

mata+real+madrid.jpg

Mou just got asked more about Willian, specifically "has he chosen Chelsea?" and he nodded, then asked specifically said "I cannot say anything but we know what the play wants".

Also said about Spurs (didn't catch the entire quote) that the best thing to do is the contract before the medical, and that you should do the medical in secret.

So....does he want a 22 man squad or is he lying? :p

MATA GONE CONFIRMED.

He's going home

mata+real+madrid.jpg

He said Mata is not for sale, he's not someone the club want to lose. Also, stop bloody sending me that picture!

Then he was asked what needed to be done on the Willian transfer, he said a medical :p

I was looking to invest in a low cost Steam/Media server PC this week and came across one based on the AMD A4-5000 based on the Jaguar cores. Checked out some benchmarks and...... Yikes. I was excited to see consoles based on x86, but not if they are 2013s answer to the Intel Atom or E450. Boo!

This Bale transfer is going to go well into next week now, thus delaying the merry go round. Thanks Obama Roman.

So basically, Roman and Mou want us to keep Bale.

Maybe they feel sorry for treating AVB like a bitch.

BRING ON LAMELA. *awaits United/Arsenal to steal him*

GorillaJu

So what kind of Gareth Bale is going to show up in a Tottenham shirt this season when Spurs refuse to sell him after Chelsea hijacked the Willian hijack, and someone (hopefully) hijacks the Lamela deal?

qindarka

Banned
So what kind of Gareth Bale is going to show up in a Tottenham shirt this season when Spurs refuse to sell him after Chelsea hijacked the Willian hijack, and someone (hopefully) hijacks the Lamela deal?

Do you want Spurs to fail because you are annoyed with them or purely for competitive reasons?

I suppose at least we could guarantee him first team football which obviously wouldn't be the case at Chelsea.

He would have been a certain starter at Spurs.

Mou just got asked more about Willian, specifically "has he chosen Chelsea?" and he nodded, then asked specifically said "I cannot say anything but we know what the play wants".

Also said about Spurs (didn't catch the entire quote) that the best thing to do is the contract before the medical, and that you should do the medical in secret.

Yeah, there's no way William is going to choose Spurs over Chelsea. The last point I would guess that's something to do with us haggling with his agent, and just getting a medical done whilst that is being sorted.

Very hard to look past Chelsea for the title this season, even considering the strength of City and the Van Persie trump card.

qindarka

Banned
Yeah, there's no way William is going to choose Spurs over Chelsea. The last point I would guess that's something to do with us haggling with his agent, and just getting a medical done whilst that is being sorted.

Very hard to look past Chelsea for the title this season, even considering the strength of City and the Van Persie trump card.

Chelsea are just adding to their strongest position. Perhaps Willian will improve the squad by providing more width but we still have a possible problem with centre midfield and a gaping hole up front.

This could mean the end of Moses. Pity, I would have preferred someone lower profile as squad depth and he provides a useful homegrown slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom