• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chelsea buying Willian would fuck Madrid (Bale), Spurs (Willian) and United (CR7) innit?

And possibly Willian too.

World-Cup-2014-Brasil.png

Yen

Im not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of Ballmer and his workings, but its clear to me that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. They need someone fresh and new at the top, if they're really that serious about becoming a hardware company (as well as their software stuff) then they need someone who knows about that at the top.
Someone like Don Mattrick…?

Wow. If United sign no one I won't know what to think. Well I will actually.

No doubt United have a great squad. But it's not exactly what Moyes will have wanted. He'll have wanted to be backed properly and they've had all summer to bring players in. No excuses really.

I don't believe that players don't want to sign for United. It's Woodward or something.

Marwood > Woodward.
Tbh all summer long we haven't put in a single bid which would even be considered seriously by the selling club. Says it all really.

Showaddy

Chelsea buying Willian would fuck Madrid (Bale), Spurs (Willian) and United (CR7) innit?

And possibly Willian too.

World-Cup-2014-Brasil.png

I was thinking about that; given that Willian said repeatedly how he's desperate to play for Brazil and his only option is as an attacking midfielder seeing as Neymar plays wide left, why is he going to sit on Chelsea's bench behind Oscar?

I was thinking about that; given that Willian said repeatedly how he's desperate to play for Brazil and his only option is as an attacking midfielder seeing as Neymar plays wide left, why is he going to sit on Chelsea's bench behind Oscar?
Cos he probably thinks he's good enough to get into the first team.

We just got El Hamdaoui, waching videos of him he seems like a decent forward, lots of nice 1 touch goals, can shoot with bot legs...

But apparently he scored 3 goals last year in Fiore :/

Well stuff like the price on that processor won't change, nor the motherboard. You might pick up an SSD deal if you stagger it, same with the rest and as you get closer to September you'll get closer to the new AMD GPUs, and they'll be coming with these free games

AMD-Never-Settle.jpg

With a top of the range 9900 card you'll get to choose three games so you could get BF4, Watch Dogs And Splinter Cell all for free.

Or you can just buy a 670 now for £200 and get Splinter Cell, cracking deal that still.

Any educated guesses on how much the 9900 will cost? If its like £350+ (I assume it will be) I'll stick with the 670 :)

That flash drive is tiny btw :D

kharma45

Doesn't bode well for PC gaming innit.

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will retire within next 12 months

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659405

First GFWL, now Ballmer. That does bode well.

Im not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of Ballmer and his workings, but its clear to me that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. They need someone fresh and new at the top, if they're really that serious about becoming a hardware company (as well as their software stuff) then they need someone who knows about that at the top.

Ballmer out is great for Microsoft, they need a fresh team at the top to take the company forward tbh.

Any educated guesses on how much the 9900 will cost? If its like £350+ (I assume it will be) I'll stick with the 670 :)

A 9970 could be umm... £450 at launch :p 9950 like £350, the 670 will probably be more your price range ha :p

Yeah it's a minuscule drive :) I just have mine attached to my keys.

I don't know too much about GPU roadmap stuff (massive understatement) but for anyone buying at GPU now wouldn't it make sense to wait for Maxwell(?) for the unified virtual memory? Isn't that more along the lines of what the next gen consoles are doing and therefore more future proof?

Edit: This question is more directed at Kharma tbh

kharma45

I don't know too much about GPU roadmap stuff, but for anyone buying at GPU now wouldn't it make sense to wait for Maxwell(?) for the unified virtual memory? Isn't that more along the lines of what the next gen consoles are doing and therefore more future proof?

Edit: This question is more directed at Kharma tbh

Maxwell's biggest thing could be it going to a 20nm fabrication but that's not confirmed yet. The unified memory access I don't see being that big a deal for consumers. The purpose of this virtual unified memory is to address the high cost of GDDR5 for Tesla or compute operations which need lots of RAM. I can't see it making a difference in games.

A 9970 could be umm... £450 at launch :p 9950 like £350, the 670 will probably be more your price range ha :p

Yeah it's a minuscule drive :) I just have mine attached to my keys.

Pfft, I'll decide my price range. Not only will I buy 2 9970s, I'm going to buy you as well and have you pulling tricks for rent :p

670 it is then lol

Dead Rising 3 seems like a technical joke

kharma45

Pfft, I'll decide my price range. Not only will I buy 2 9970s, I'm going to buy you as well and have you pulling tricks for rent :p

670 it is then lol

Dead Rising 3 seems like a technical joke

670 is great for the price. The £170 ones can't overclock mind, the £200 ones can just so you know.

FuturusX

Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I have an idea of where I'd like to strengthen and what we need to do. But we won't do it because people like you [the media] tell us we should be signing players."

Just sign some fucking players or shut the fuck up....

Wes

venison crêpe
Who actually is out there for United to buy? There appears to be very slim pickings with a lot of the clubs fighting over the same players.

bjaelke

Real Madrid ponder Luis Suárez bid if Karim Benzema joins Arsenal
Meanwhile, Arsenal have briefed that they are considering a £46m bid for Benzema, and the Guardian understands they have made an inquiry about the 25-year-old France international.

That has led Madrid to consider pursuing a complex operation in which they would sell Benzema and use the money to sign Suárez, effectively swapping one striker for the other.
Pull the trigger Wenger, I dare you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom