• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

More stuff about the console version of BF4. IGN saying they played the PS4 and it was very lacking graphically compared to the PC, and only 16 players in the map they saw.

Showaddy

Its created a bit of a rift in my mind as well. On the one hand, FSG are right to be very cautious with money like that, we're not in a financial position where we can endlessly waste sums of £20m-£35m, and they had their fingers burned to a crisp with Carroll and Downing (and Henderson to a much lesser extent.) And while Rodgers is evidently much more savvy in the transfer market than Kenny/Commoli, he did go for Borini and Allen, neither of which have come close to justifying their prices as yet (and I doubt Borini ever will at Liverpool

On the other hand, Sturridge and Coutinho have been brilliant so far, Aspas, Toure and Mignolet (yes, early days) look to be astute purchases, and he's done a brilliant job of temporarily filling the holes in the squad with our youth players, and has overseen a bit of a resurgence for Gerrard, got the best out of Suarez (in terms of playing,) and got Henderson playing much better. I think an argument can be made that he's done enough good for the club to be trusted with the real big bucks once a year when he asks for them, at last until he proves that he can't be trusted with it.

I had forgotten about Allen actually, with Borini that's still about £25 million spent (and as you say unlikely to be recouped any time soon). It might take another season or 2 of Sturridge & Coutinho type buys to convince FSG that Rogers can be trusted with serious money.

GorillaJu

bud, this one's pretty milfy for 50, yes?

amy-yasbeck-hairstyles.jpg

I had forgotten about Allen actually, with Borini that's still about £25 million spent (and as you say unlikely to be recouped any time soon). It might take another season or 2 of Sturridge & Coutinho type buys to convince FSG that Rogers can be trusted with serious money.

Easily done

Hi Arnie

Showaddy

More stuff about the console version of BF4. IGN saying they played the PS4 and it was very lacking graphically compared to the PC, and only 16 players in the map they saw.

Yeah. At the same time though they've been praising the hell out of Killzone's Gamescom showing so at least someone's getting it right.

FuturusX

Hmmm...all this nextgen doom and gloom

I have a couple of nice powerful rigs built for post production video and photography. If I was serious about gaming I guess I could use one for gaming on PC again. How do you even buy PC game these days? Steam?

I even have 40 inch LCD ( soon to be replaced with a plasma for color grading and presentation ) and a comfy couch - there's really no excuse.

Wes

venison crêpe
Makes you wonder what Rogers could achieve now if he had all the money that Comolli & Dalglish basically threw off a bridge.

Then again they have made shrewd purchases since then because of the mistakes made at those times.

Villa did something similar. We wouldn't have Lambert if we didn't have McLeish.

Oh, I forgot to ask.

Can you buy wireless keyboards with inbuilt trackpads, so you can fuck about on a desktop without needing a desk to lean over?

subtles

I'm guessing they have their eyes on the January transfer window as well. Spending all of the budget this season now would make correcting any squad issues in January impossible.

LTWheels

Yeah. At the same time though they've been praising the hell out of Killzone's Gamescom showing so at least someone's getting it right.

Killzone's multiplayer is now were near on the scale of BF4 though, so it should look better easily. 64 players, all the vehicles, physics, large maps etc.

JonnyBrad

Kenny was sacked as much for the absolutely shocking transfer market dealings along with the rather turgid play/results.

I'm happy with Rogers but we're struggling in the transfer market now without Europe to offer. You can't always get as good deals as Coutinho and hopefully FSG will realise this at some point rather than bidding 5mil under every players valuation and losing out.

faridmon

hxqCxvm.png

First album was great I thought.

I liked it well enough when it got released and I can see why people like it. But going back to it several years after release was painful. Those lyrics were all bad.

But the second album was straight-out bad.

GorillaJu

hxqCxvm.png

First album was great I thought.

Who dat

Yeah, logitech do some good ones.

Amy Yasbeck. She played Maid Marian on Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Fuck me, that scene where she comes out of the bath and her hair was covering her tits... I begged my parents to take me to see that movie when it was in theaters hahaha

Zabojnik

LOOOL

So Roma's 'project' is going well..

BSUvAUnIcAELJhJ.jpg

You know what, the fans are right to be pissed. Baffling, just baffling. I hope we never sell the club to an American.

I wonder what will happen to Di Maria now...

Motta + De Ceglie + Matri + 10M€. PantyPhantom pls.

"Jovetic is not 100%. It's important his is 100% in this league"

The Engineer pretty much saying that Jojo won't feature this weekend.

Fuck this. :(

Wait, we signed Birsa?! And we loaned him to Brescia?

What.

WUUUUUUT? My neighbour Birsa? Details, please.

WJD

I'm on a plane and the guy next to me is watching the new Breaking Bad and I can't watch it for another 3 weeks, aghhjjjjj make him stop!

Showaddy

Killzone's multiplayer is now were near on the scale of BF4 though, so it should look better easily. 64 players, all the vehicles, physics, large maps etc.

So is all of that actually confirmed to be on the console version? Bearing in mind the only official console footage we've now seen is a 8 v 8 on a tiny map. Seeing as EA were happy to say BF4 is 1080p 60FPS but never specified that was on PC.

Zabojnik

I really hope this 720p upscaled to 1080p doesn't become the norm this gen. I plan to have the PS4 hooked to both the TV and PC's monitor. At the same time, with a splitter, so I can freely move between the living room and my PC / guitar room. PS3 games looked pretty bad up close because of the low resolution.

Peco

One of the weirdest signings ever. Galliani must have taken Birsa off Preziosi's hands as a thank-you to taking Traore (and his massive salary). No way this was done for "footballing reason."

Birsa is probably better than KPB as a winger tbqh. But you're right, it's just another favor between Galliani and Preziosi.

Showaddy

Some (relatively) good news for Spur's fan; Steaua Bucharest's crazy owner Becali has finally allowed Vlad Chiriches to move to Tottenham for abut £6.5 million, he's looks good so that should be Spur's sorted at centre-back this season.

2 more episodes and you'll be caught up! :D

are you using Netflix?
Yep.

You're almost up to speed, eh?

How did you manage to avoid spoilers?
Just been lucky I guess. Until I started watching the show I had zero knowledge about it...maybe I came across spoilers but never understood the context.

And then when the season premiere aired last week, luckily enough I was busy the whole next day so there were probs spoilers about but I escaped them!

Dat S5 Part 2 opener.
That's for tonight :)

L1NETT

Viva the kid who banged in all those goals for you in the Milk Cup has just signed a 3 year deal with us.

So he is out of the way of the big club child-snatchers for now.

Pachimari

We're gonna be a force this season:

Lopez

Carvajal - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo

Casemiro - Modric

Özil - Isco

Bale - Cristiano

I think Casemiro will slowly take over Khedira's place in the short term at least. Varane will be get his spot back unless Pepe plays well. Casillas will probably get his spot back too even though I want Lopez to be on goal.

We're gonna be a force this season:

Lopez

Carvajal - Pepe - Ramos - Marcelo

Khedira - Modric

Özil - Isco

Bale - Cristiano

I think Casemiro will slowly take over Khedira's place in the short term at least. Varane will be get his spot back unless Pepe plays well. Casillas will probably get his spot back too even though I want Lopez to be on goal.

bro, real and barca are always a "force"

If the 2 teams in Spain complain about not having players, whats left for everyone else? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom