• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full quotes from Sir David:

"I definitely do but I also know that if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players,"

I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. They are a great club and they are both excellent players."

"The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well."

All we can do is do our job here. Roberto is in a new job and I'm sure he'll get to understand how Everton work. I know exactly how Everton work. I think I've signed every player at Everton. I know exactly how they work,"

"The transfer window is open and we can make bids and you can say 'Yes or no', it's as simple as that. You are allowed to bid. That's not our choice [to make it public]. That's up to them. You need to ask them that question.

"There's sort of a mixed market at the moment. No one is quite sure where the price is right. It's a sort of strange market. Suddenly someone could give you big money. We've had offers for players at this club, which we feel are quite small. I can see it where other clubs might be thinking it's not enough value for their players as well."

"I speak to Bill Kenwright [the chairman] regularly, we speak most weeks. He was great for me and hopefully he would think that I'd done a good job for him as well, and Everton. There's no way there's any disrespect whatsoever. This is just a case where we've made an offer, we didn't make it public to anybody, so we'll try and answer the questions as best we can."

rodvik

"I definitely do but I also know that if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players,"

So he would have rolled over for SAF and he expects Martinez to do the same? Everton should tell him to fuck right off. Surely ManU have better targets than fucking Baines? It just seems so lazy.

K1LLER7

"The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well."

New bid has either already been made or is coming. Lets hope that it'll be enough. We need to get a midfielder in. Baines is a bonus.

^ Moyes has missed out on all other targets. Think this is kind of a last resort from him.

I expect Fellani to leave. Surprised Arsenal aren't interested.

K1LLER7

"One thing I think Moyes needs to tone a bit is his "Well, Sir Alex said" or "Well, Sir Alex would've". It's your ball, Moyes. Run with it."

Agree with this.

Think every PC/interview he's had since joining, SAF has been mentioned by him.

"One thing I think Moyes needs to tone a bit is his "Well, Sir Alex said" or "Well, Sir Alex would've". It's your ball, Moyes. Run with it."

Agree with this.

Think every PC/interview he's had since joining, SAF has been mentioned by him.
Alot of the time it's because he gets asked about him.

And he's not gonna turn around and say "don't ask me about Sir Alex, he's gone".

Anything Moyes says about Sir Alex, any link to the club with Fergie and life after Fergie is a soundbite for the press. They ask him about it all the time, pretty hard to escape it.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm nervous for Monday. Really intrigued as to what his approach will be. Hoping Rooney doesn't start, but I'd love to see:

De Gea; Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa/Welbeck; Kagawa/Welbeck, van Persie

And he's not gonna turn around and say "don't ask me about Sir Alex, he's gone".

Anything Moyes says about Sir Alex, any link to the club with Fergie and life after Fergie is a soundbite for the press. They ask him about it all the time, pretty hard to escape it.

Accept it Vulva, Moyes is a cunt

kharma45

I'm nervous for Monday. Really intrigued as to what his approach will be. Hoping Rooney doesn't start, but I'd love to see:

De Gea; Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa/Welbeck; Kagawa/Welbeck, van Persie

Rooney is still too fat to start.

I've a feeling Jones will get the nod ahead of Fabio at RB, which is a pity as Fabio did well in pre-season.

My team would be something similar tbh, wouldn't really change much there.

justjohn

If moyes cares about doing what's right for the players does that mean he'll let Rooney go to chelsea? Because that's what Rooney wants and moyes obviously wants to make players very happy.
Cunt

K1LLER7

True, but there are also times where he brings SAF up himself. I just think he should stop doing it unless he's asked about SAF.

Think Welbs to start behind RVP. He's better than Kagawa at dropping back and marking one of the 2 deeper Chelsea midfielders. Hope Kagawa starts but I don't think he will.

kharma45

I still haven't done mine :p

padme0rq5dm0he.jpg

True, but there are also times where he brings SAF up himself. I just think he should stop doing it unless he's asked about SAF.

Think Welbs to start behind RVP. He's better than Kagawa at dropping back and marking one of the 2 deeper Chelsea midfielders. Hope Kagawa starts but I don't think he will.

Welbeck's energy and physical presence might give him the edge of Shinji in this game.

Pay the money or go home. 28 million for both of them is a joke. Stop being tight bastards

And there will be another bid.

Moyes summed it up perfectly, if they don't want to accept the bid they don't have to.

Most clubs open up with a lowball bid, the only reason there is a fuss about it is because Everton told the world. I would much prefer it if they just got it done with ASAP, we need the players, so why we're taking so long over it I don't know.

But the fuss over this "joke" and "insulting" "derisory" bid is a bit OTT. Everton have signed Kone for more than double what the originally bid, they know how it works.

K1LLER7

[Welbeck's energy and physical presence might give him the edge of Shinji in this game.

Yeah. We could possibly see Nani/Young involved. Are they are back yet?

Not sure about Rooney. He doesn't look happy, but when he came on last week, he played pretty good.

Yeah. We could possibly see Nani/Young involved. Are they are back yet?

Not sure about Rooney. He doesn't look happy, but when he came on last week, he played pretty good.

Both out.

Moyes said Rooney could start.

Would like to see Valencia, Kagawa and Welbeck behind RVP. Rooney probs gonna start ahead of Shinji tho. Pathetic.

K1LLER7

Na neither of them are yet.

Nani looked good too :(

Hope we can get a full squad back for the Liverpool game.

£35m should be enough for Fellani+Baines. Fellani for £20m and Baines £15m.

The only problem with leaving it so late, is that Everton need to find replacements and quick.

It's the first thing I did when I built this PC.
I've been postponing it for months. Think I'll do it tomorrow. Haven't really hit a wall yet with performance that got me to crank my PC up a bit.
I hope you have the right hardware and right set of tools. Have you mentioned earlier what your rig is composed of ?
3570K with CM 212 cooler and a MSI 7950 so there shouldn't be any problems.

kharma45

I've been postponing it for months. Think I'll do it tomorrow. Haven't really hit a wall yet with performance that got me to crank my PC up a bit.

3570K with CM 212 cooler and a MSI 7950 so there shouldn't be any problems.

I.....think so?!

Got the Hyper 212 Evo.

Good coolers then. Overclocking helps with frame times in a good lot of games. DOTA 2 for example

With the 3570K you'll be aiming for 4.5 GHz. Not all CPUs can get there, but you'll be at least able to make it to 4.2. Also depends on your motherboard too. Was it a Gigabyte one you got in the end Will or an ASUS, or ASROCK? Trying to go back through my PMs.

Salvadora

It's mentioned in that Guardian article that Abramovich doesn't like Levy, so it may not be a Mourinho thing.

Revenge for Modric maybe.

Good coolers then. Overclocking helps with frame times in a good lot of games. DOTA 2 for example

With the 3570K you'll be aiming for 4.5 GHz. Not all CPUs can get there, but you'll be at least able to make it to 4.2. Also depends on your motherboard too. Was it a Gigabyte one you got in the end Will or an ASUS, or ASROCK? Trying to go back through my PMs.

ASUS P8Z77-V LX!

K1LLER7

Yeah it's possible.

But people need to relax, it's one game into the season, the guy is 2/3 weeks behind everyone else's fitness.
He should be ready for the game on Monday. Hopefully he's involved and stays injury free this season. Was nice to see Moyes playing him behind RVP in pre-season, maybe that's where Moyes see's him playing this season.

Showaddy

It's mentioned in that Guardian article that Abramovich doesn't like Levy, so it may not be a Mourinho thing.

Revenge for Modric maybe.

No one likes Levy lol.

I'm more inclined to believe it Abramovich craziness than Mourinho though. Mou isn't stupid, he knows where the holes in his squad are and attacking midfielder isn't one of them.

kharma45

ASUS P8Z77-V LX!

It's a fairly decent board for OCing, I wouldn't take it above 1.3v as there isn't the cooling on the power regulation circuitry to take a whole lot more, so this plays it safe. Also DO NOT TOUCH THE BLCK THING EVER, ALWAYS LEAVE IT AT 100.

Not that you will, it's just to make sure as it can actually damage your board :p

What I'd do is set it to 1.3v and set your multiplier to 40x. Run Prime95 for an hour, if it's stable (no BSOD) and temperatures don't go over 80c (85c at very most) then try again with 42x. Rinse and repeat until you get to 45x (4.5 GHz). You could try for 4.7 but that's unlikely to work. Once you think you've got your max I'd do a long, long stint of Prime to be sure. After you get your top OC you can then begin to lower the voltage down too from 1.3v. Guy in that OC.net thread got 4.4 Ghz / 1.2V on a worse board than yours, but again it's a silicon lottery. Some CPUs are good, some are bad.

Reading these will help http://www.overclock.net/t/1323214/overclocking-i5-3570k-using-asus-p8z77-v-lx and http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards

Of course this is all at your own risk, but don't be silly with the voltage and you'll be safe. Plenty of reading and videos will give you the confidence to get it right. It takes time to get your OC but it's worth it.

Doing it with your GPU is even easier, and the 7950 clocks really, really well. We can do it after though :p

Right it's a fairly decent board for OCing, I wouldn't take it above 1.3v as there isn't the cooling on the power regulation circuitry to take a whole lot more, so this plays it safe.

What I'd do is set it to 1.3v and set your multiplier to 40x. Run Prime95 for an hour, if it's stable (no BSOD) and temperatures don't go over 80c (85c at very most) then try again with 42x. Rinse and repeat until you get to 45x (4.5 GHz). You could try for 4.7 but that's unlikely to work. Once you think you've got your max I'd do a long, long stint of Prime to be sure.

Reading these will help http://www.overclock.net/t/1323214/overclocking-i5-3570k-using-asus-p8z77-v-lx and http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards

Of course this is all at your own risk, but don't be silly with the voltage and you'll be safe. Plenty of reading and videos will give you the confidence to get it right. It takes time to get your OC but it's worth it.

Doing it with your GPU is even easier, and the 7950 clocks really, really well. We can do it after though :p

You're such a good guy.

I've bookmarked this post for when I need it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom