• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair anough about beautiful and expansive, a tad bit exaggeration (but we did play well) but Foster did play well to save his team from embarrassment. He did play his game of his life. Double save from Bianaar, Coleman,etc..

Also, no, Under Moyes, we would have hoofed the ball to Fellaini and Barkely wouldn't eve be on the bench.

Think the long ball stuff increasingly became a fallacy. Lots of crosses? Yes. But hoofball? Don't think so.

Foster played well and made two or three very good saves, but game of his life implies he was under siege the entire time.

His agent said that there hasn't been any contract by Arsenal in that article.

Like odd_morsel said over the Mickey saga, you're crucified over things that didn't even happen :lol.

Yeah that's true at the moment it goes on the lines of "well why didn't you try and sign him?"

He can't win.

Wilbur

Banned
Seeing the Liverpool kit in action really make me want to buy one. It's so nice.

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT

I just dropped some dry wit.

Madridy

To all the non-British gaf, how did you decide what team you root for in premier league?

I don't root for a single team, but I like watching teams for their players.

Current players I like: Silva, Aguero, Hazard, Mata.

Used to watch alot of ManU games during CR7's era also when Veron joined.

Liked Arsenal during the Invincibles era mostly because of Henry and Bergkamp.

So I mostly follow players not Teams
;b

GQman2121

Banned
The pregame stuff is all on NBCSN right up until about 27 mins after then they go to commercial and pick up on NBC proper.

Oh, good to know. This is my first weekend using the site. It doesn't work in Chrome with Verizon login for some reason, so I had to use Fire Fox. It's pretty impressive.

I just dropped some dry wit.

I saw it in person last weekend, and it's actually not bad at all. The pattern is pretty slick looking. There's much worse out there this year.

Wilbur

Banned
_69469818_fellaini.jpg

Weimann should vary his pace a bit. Might be more to do with Villa's counter attacking style, but he seems to just run as fast as possible whenever he has the ball.

faridmon

Think the long ball stuff increasingly became a fallacy. Lots of crosses? Yes. But hoofball? Don't think so.

Foster played well and made two or three very good saves, but game of his life implies he was under siege the entire time.

Jagielka, Heitenga and Distin could not pass at all. All they did was hoof the ball. Good Crosses came from Baines yes, but three were bad ones 9 out of 10, from Neville (why do you think he was unpopular?), Osman, Coleman, Hibbert. Miralles and Pianaar prefer to slide in and pass the ball (sorry to ping pong) and yes, in ever game's last 15 min, it was hoofing after hoofing after hoofing because we become desperate for goals that we never score. No, we were never know for our crosses.

Foster had to make more than 3 good saves from what I have watched. There were a lot of good blocks from the defence as well. Yes, we dominated the game. Don't know what under siege refers to, but the ball was more in the their half than ours.

Meier

Great goal. I dropped Sturridge for Benteke before week 1 due to the two games. Think I'll make the change back for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom