• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. How's ... the weather these days?
I got nothing. :p

Verona bounced back nicely after a terrible start. Still think Milan are gonna win this. Haha, Luci, I wanted to post the same thing about Noce. :D

Lose composure after scoring a goal, and concede on a set piece. Yup, this is Allegri's Milan.

I hope Prince comes on for Nocerino.

Haha I said the same thing!

Dat Serie A connection.

I agree, we were kinda good before the goal, then we just stopped caring. Conceding from a set piece it's the norm at this point, Verona woke up after being too passive in the first 15-20 minutes, if we don't wake up we're going to lose this one. I'd bring De Jong in and get Nocerino out, mostly because Boa isn't even on the bench.

faridmon

Football Weekly said that Sturridge was the only English player atm who have this flair about his game.

I agree, nice buy for Liverpool.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YLAmDUK.jpg

Cool shirt.

faridmon

Chelsea is the Real Madrid of England.

Can't wait until they let Lukaku go
and sell it to us for dirt cheap, we need strikers :(

Clegg

I'd like to see Weleck and Sturridge play up front together for England. Fuck Rooney and play Wilshere in the hole behind them.

Carrick and Gerrard in midfield.

L1NETT

Bumhead if you see this we beat the blunt cunts.

----

Pool looking good.Villa look well rubs, good luck trying to counter attack at home.

GorillaJu

I'd like to see Weleck and Sturridge play up front together for England. Fuck Rooney and play Wilshere in the hole behind them.

Carrick and Gerrard in midfield.

Would be nice to watch I'd think, though Gerrard and Carrick are quite similar these days. Both playing a kind of pivot role.

Wilbur

Banned
Pool looking good.Villa look well rubs, good luck trying to counter attack at home.

Eh, I don't think being at home has much to do with it; obviously wherever Liverpool go they're going to try and dominate possession, countering is just the most sensible thing to do. Not working mind, but I don't think keeping the ball would either.

Slizz

I for one am shocked that Aston Villa are playing so poor and they seem gassed already..... 3 games in 8 days at the beginning of the season will do that.

To all the non-British gaf, how did you decide what team you root for in premier league?

I'm swedish, and I'm supporting Crystal Palace. We swedes grow up with english football. We watch it, bet on it, and play video games with them. And when me and my friends got into to it, Crystal Palace was a team that just stood up from the rest. Not only with the name and the crest, but with everything surrounding them. Dramatic relegations and promotions, strange ownership changes, talented players emerging from the academy and things like that. And the club just fits me, since it's so much about doing what you can with what you have, and not being knocked down when things get rough. I can support that so much more then clubs with supporters who almost cry when they miss out on fourth place in the league.

I would rather see us back in the championship, struggling for midtable positions there, then se the club being taken over by arabs trying to buy their way to Champions League glory.

The club is hardly the best, but it's never boring to follow it. :)

Wilbur

Banned
I for one am shocked that Aston Villa are playing so poor and they seem gassed already..... 3 games in 8 days at the beginning of the season will do that.

Yeah, they look tired. Should be playing tomorrow, really.

Although Bacuna looks crap and he has no excuse

I'm swedish, and I'm supporting Crystal Palace. We swedes grow up with english football. We watch it, bet on it, and play video games with them. And when me and my friends got into to it, Crystal Palace was a team that just stood up from the rest. Not only with the name and the crest, but with everything surrounding them. Dramatic relegations and promotions, strange ownership changes, talented players emerging from the academy and things like that. And the club just fits me, since it's so much about doing what you can with what you have, and not being knocked down when things get rough. I can support that so much more then clubs with supporters who almost cry when they miss out on fourth place in the league.

I would rather see us back in the championship, struggling for midtable positions there, then se the club being taken over by arabs trying to buy their way to Champions League glory.

Good post!

faridmon

I like you already!

L1NETT

Eh, I don't think being at home has much to do with it; obviously wherever Liverpool go they're going to try and dominate possession, countering is just the most sensible thing to do. Not working mind, but I don't think keeping the ball would either.

They are sitting pretty deep. Johnson waddled about half way into the Villa half without so much as a challenge.

They pressed Arsenal loads, and today they have sat back, slow and aren't even using bentekkers.

Haven't seen them this bad since McLeish. But not even a half gone yet, so jumping to conclusions and all that.

Haha, Viasat, the channel showing Premier League in Sweden, just showed an information sign with place holder texts, so they proudly announced that Team 1 would be playing Team 2 at some point during some day. It was like something from Family Guy. :)

faridmon

Haha, Viasat, the channel showing Premier League in Sweden, just showed an information sign with place holder texts, so they proudly announced that team 1 would be playing team 2 at some point during some day. It was like something from Family Guy. :)

Hated Viasat. Can't believe they have the right to PL. What happened Canalplus' right?

Lambert needs to change his tactics his. Trying to invite Liverpool on but Rodgers has anticipated that and is ensuring Lpool have men back. Villa can't break and they're simply not doing enough in midfield to compete with Liverpool.

Clegg

Would be nice to watch I'd think, though Gerrard and Carrick are quite similar these days. Both playing a kind of pivot role.

Then drop Wilshere to midfield and have him be the man to make forward runs since that's not a part of Carrick and Gerrard's game. Welbeck and Sturridge could interchange between being the lone front man and the player in the hole. Rooney could play somewhere too I guess.

Missing width but hardly any English winger is shooting the lights out atm.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
To all the non-British gaf, how did you decide what team you root for in premier league?
Kun Agüero is my second favorite player and I like Yaya from his Barça (my real team) days. I used to relentlessly mock City like everyone else until they got Kun.

Wilbur

Banned
Lambert needs to change his tactics his. Trying to invite Liverpool on but Rodgers has anticipated that and is ensuring Lpool have men back. Villa can't break and they're simply not doing enough in midfield to compete with Liverpool.

Yeah I think he'll bring El Ahmadi on at half time and start to press a little more. Might free up Coutinho though, but its about risk and reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom