• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think he'll bring El Ahmadi on at half time and start to press a little more. Might free up Coutinho though, but its about risk and reward.
They have to really, this is just coming down to Liverpool having far more quality than Villa as shown by the goal.

Other than that it's been pretty bland in terms of chances.

Hated Viasat. Can't believe they have the right to PL. What happened Canalplus' right?

What happened? Viasat payed more I guess. :)

And they're doing a fantastic job with it. They send as much as they can, have a good studio with good guests, good commentators and a fantastic streaming service where I get all their tv shows, movies and sport for about 23€ a month. I don't know what more you can ask from them.

Slizz

To all the non-British gaf, how did you decide what team you root for in premier league?

Ronnie got national attention(USA) when he was on United, I also remembered seeing RvN ball out.

A lot of my friends were annoying Arsenal fans so I decided United.

subtles

I think it's silly Managers are required to fulfill their media duties without being able to speak their mind. It doesn't help that the only questions journalists ask them are the ones that end with the manager fined.

ShogunX

Not liking how we have surrendered possession to Villa. They now look dangerous, we need to push higher up the pitch again and take control of the game like we had done for the first half an hour.

faridmon

What happened? Viasat payed more I guess. :)

And they're doing a fantastic job with it. They send as much as they can, have a good studio with good guests, good commentators and a fantastic streaming service where I get all their tv shows, movies and sport for about 23€ a month. I don't know what more you can ask from them.

Granted it was quite some time, but Viasat Norway had an atrocious Studio guests, made some stupid commentating errors and were annoying (still remember the fight they had with TV2 about Norwegian Tippelegaen), They were over priced (can't remember how much) and were quite arrogant. Also, hate their design of their logo.

Canalsport+ had a lot of money and was trying to attract a lot of costumers with their French connection. Don't know what happened :/

ShogunX

Verona deserves a better stadium than the Bentegodi, my word. Fucking athletic track.

20700_ori_stadio_marc_antonio_bentegodi.jpg

The ultimate fan experience.....

Dominate
Lambert says 'start closing their defenders down'
Fall apart

Should have put our foot down after the goal, gifted them the momentum and let them build up some steam.

Aspas has to try and get involved, Coutinho is being double-marked and we need the others to step up

Tegris

As expected when there's a little bit of pressure and strength applied to our back four they crumble. We dominated the first half hour well but once Villa had some of the ball they looked at least as likely as us to create something. We need to stay sharp in midfield to retain possession and keep Villa out of the game.

faridmon

Indeed he is! He's not what he used to be, obviously, but cross it properly and he'll still head it in. Two headers today. :D

Yep, that is the Toni I remember. Too bad he went to Bayern where his little talent and confidence got destroyed but good to see him back on his feet.

Isn't he like 70 years by now?

Labadal

Dominate
Fall apart

Should have put our foot down after the goal, gifted them the momentum and let them build up some steam.

Aspas has to try and get involved, Coutinho is being double-marked and we need the others to step up

Henderson behind Sturridge.

Still think Hendo has nothing to do on the wing.

To be honest, we are also a bit lucky that Villa got such a bad schedule before metting us.
Take what you get though right? It's a good gameplan knowing Villa won't/can't press for long periods.

Liverpool didn't really create another good chance that I can remember which is maybe a slight concern. They'll get one eventually though, movement is good, Villa's defence still a bit shaky, Cou will pick them off before long.

PowderedToast

Dominate
Fall apart

you can tell other teams are aware of coutinho now, he gets closed down instantly. we need to be a bit less reliant on going through him

GorillaJu

Dominate
Fall apart

Agreed. Need some forward momentum from Aspas if we're gonna score again. Villa is really, really tight, and we're playing into it.

I wouldn't mind taking off Henderson, putting Cissokho at Left back, Enrique on the wing, and Coutinho in the middle.

Zabojnik

Yep, that is the Toni I remember. Too bad he went to Bayern where his little talent and confidence got destroyed but good to see him back on his feet.

Isn't he like 70 years by now?

Go back to your lol... Nevermind. He's 36. :p Toni was an amazing striker in his prime.

ShogunX

Dominate
Fall apart

I think Rodgers might be wanting us to stay deep to counter the pace of the Villa counter attack. It would be a comfortable match if we weren't so dodgy when it comes to set pieces and corner kicks.

We have played it well so far and it only takes a bit of Coutinho magic to put this game to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom