• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

Take what you get though right? It's a good gameplan knowing Villa won't/can't press for long periods.

Liverpool didn't really create another good chance that I can remember which is maybe a slight concern. They'll get one eventually though, movement is good, Villa's defence still a bit shaky, Cou will pick them off before long.
My only concern is what other fellow posters have said: As soon as the opposing team starts to put some pressure on us, it looks like we'll concede. What will happen when RVP charges at them next week?

My only concern is what other fellow posters have said: As soon as the opposing team starts to put some pressure on us, it looks like we'll concede. What will happen when RVP charges at them next week?
Don't worry we are gonna play some crappy 433 super defensive formation like we always do at Anfield.

I really like our away kit, strangely.

Prefer it to that repulsive yellow wank Arsenal were wearing.
liverpool one does have a weird charm about it but I like the Arsenal one.

Lambert needs to change his tactics his. Trying to invite Liverpool on but Rodgers has anticipated that and is ensuring Lpool have men back. Villa can't break and they're simply not doing enough in midfield to compete with Liverpool.

Fair assessment. Liverpool's defensive shape is making it hard Villa to do too much. I often feel like teams should do more to exploit the aerial weakness of Liverpool's back four, but maybe Villa aren't best equipped to do that.

GorillaJu

That added competition paying off already. His decision making seems to have improved significantly.

He's been quick to make a decision today, too. One of his biggest issues is that he sits on the ball too long and lets the opposition build up momentum to counter attack if he loses possession. He needs to keep mobile, keep his head up and not sit on the ball, and he'll have solved his biggest detriments.

Slizz

Liverpool away kit has definitely grown on me. Doesn't look terrible on camera from a distance.

Think the only thing I don't like is the red part that cuts through the pattern. Needs to be like all white with that pattern.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Too bad he went to Bayern where his little talent and confidence got destroyed

I'll leave this to Bayern GAF

franckluca.jpg

But yeah, he was mistreated in his last year. :(

That added competition paying off already. His decision making seems to have improved significantly.

Actually playing it first time when he can, which was a much needed part of his game. He's slowed too many attacks down in his Liverpool career by taking a touch, shuffling over the ball, looking for an option, deciding against it, shuffling back, making sure Agger is open, and passing it back to him.

Wish we could figure out a way to use his pace in attack rather than just his strength

Wasn't impressed by the moment where one of Villa's mids broke through our midfield, and Lucas jogged after him towards the edge of the box, leaving our defense to deal with a player running straight at them with 2 in support. Reminded me of Poulsen :x

Mastadon

Banned
That was really impressive. Dude is ridiculous.

He's an absolute tank. One of those players who can create something from absolutely nothing like Drogba could. I can't believe no-one put in a significant bid for him this year. He'd improve any team in the league.

subtles

He's an absolute tank. One of those players who can create something from absolutely nothing like Drogba could. I can't believe no-one put in a significant bid for him this year. He'd improve any team in the league.

22. I can't believe he's only 22. Looks and plays like he's much older.

faridmon

For those how have Netflix and care:

68aeoZ4.jpg

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/371305031116419072

Anyhow since I should actually contribute from time to time, here's what has both sub/dub available from the Netflix PS3 anime list.

Samurai Champloo
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
Girls Bravo
Black Butler
Moonphase
Kenicih: The MIghtiest Disciple
D. Grayman
Digimon Adventure
(just throwing this one in since it has its own listing opposite the NA dub)
Trigun Badlands Rumble
(had no idea this was even on the service)
Seikirei
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
Sengoku Basara
(S2 is all that's up.)
Baka and Test
Chobits
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Chrome Shelled Regios
Initial D
Hero Tales
Ghost Hunt
Eden of the East
Eden of the East: Lost Paradise
Hetalia
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Full Metal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

There are some good stuff on that list. Oh, for gods sake, stay away from Dance in The Vampire Bund. Stay Clear!

Wilbur

Banned
There's some good character in this Villa side; nice amount of ability, very little experience, but they've fallen behind three times against three of the Premier League's best sides in a week and they keep coming. Good on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom