• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

Verona aint that bad, they look organized somewhat for the team they have.

Allegri does not have rope to lose games like this, last time Verona beat AC was in like 1997

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan were always going to drop points to Hellas Verona innit?

You guys will cheer up after Delio Rossi tears us a new one
again

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Iron deficiency is spreading

tumblr_mrmrafF5wP1qevds0o1_400.gif

subtles

The hell is with all of these feints letting the ball slide to a player moving into the space behind? Has Brendan really drilled a cohesive awareness into this team?

Clegg

Then don't go whining to the press at how low our bid was you muppet. Martinez isn't coming out of this saga very well.

Roberto Martinez refusing to be drawn into 'media war' with Manchester United
by Richard Buxton @ Goodison Park. Published Sat 24 Aug 2013 18:17, last updated: 24/08/13

Everton manager Roberto Martinez tonight refused to be drawn into a 'media war' with Manchester United.

The Premier League champions continue to show an interest in signing both Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines from the Blues despite seeing a joint £28million bid for the pair rejected a fortnight ago.

United boss David Moyes attempted to stoke the fires yesterday by claiming that Everton were holding the influential duo's careers back by refusing to allow them to move to Old Trafford.

But Martinez, speaking after Everton's goalless draw with West Brom earlier, insists he has no intention of engaging in a public feud with former Toffees boss Moyes about the transfer saga.

He said: "The last thing I want is to get into a media war with a manager that I really, really respect.

"I think the business should be done quietly but it's very unfortuante when you read papers and people talk about your players.

"I could sit down here and give you half an hour of my vision about how the other club is being run, the players that want to go and how they should be sending messages to all the clubs around the world that they've been trying to sign players and they haven't been able to do it."

Asked whether a renewed approach from United was a concern, Martinez added: "I don't see it as a worry. As I said, we're focusing on preparing for the games. We've got a League Cup tie on Wednesday and that's my focus.

"I'm not going to have dialogue in the press with other managers. I respect them too much to do that.

"As a new manager, I'm following the structure that we've got at the football club. I heard in the past that Everton have not sold cheap."

Hopefully Zapata's abysmal performance makes Galliani panic-buy Sakho. That would be the only good thing out of this game.

Also, I don't know if I can handle another year of Allegri. Christ. It's like the guys didn't even give a shit about winning.

Splatt

Hopefully Zapata's abysmal performance makes Galliani panic-buy Sakho. That would be the only good thing out of this game.

Also, I don't know if I can handle another year of Allegri. Christ. It's like the guys didn't even give a shit about winning.

Sack him so he can pursue his dream job. Being a clown.

Suen

It's not that he doesn't care, it's just that your squad, except De Sciglio, Balotelli and Shawarma, is shit.

#ParmaScudetto13/14

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zapata is currently taking a breath alcohol test with the local authorities.

If Milan don't pass CL preliminaries, Galliani will not buy anyone except maybe Matri

So that means most of Europe's money to us + Matri's money?

Strippers for everyone!

It's not that he doesn't care, it's just that your squad, except De Sciglio, Balotelli and Shawarma, is shit.

#ParmaScudetto13/14

Our squad is much better than Verona's. Shit, we played with five Italy internationals today. On the last play of the game, we have a set piece and only have five players attacking the box. The squad was walking around not giving a shit for the entire game apart from the first and last 15 minutes.

We still cannot defend a set piece and we still have a horrible and lazy attitude, unconcerned with winning. That goes to the manager, not the players. Not to mention the horrible subs; why was Urby playing right winger for 10 minutes if he was going to play LB anyway when Binho came on? Why was he on at all? Made zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom