• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

Interesting (and disturbing stat)

Samp’s season-ending 3-2 win last term allowed them to push past Juventus in the all-time head-to-head record. The 1991 Scudetto winners have 19 victories to Juve’s 18, with 18 further draws.

family-guy-vomit.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Think it was a pen but I wouldn't say stone waller there, Sturridge moves the ball away and from that replay head on it looks like Guzan could have got a touch. If reviewed it should have been a pen but you can't expect the ref and the linesman to be able to tell when that happens.

Feorax

Thank fuck. Villa will be a force this year, I'm glad we got that over with. Can't wait for United next week now, should be a great game.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful bastard for all the years of service he gave, but I'm certain we'd be mid table on 2 pts if Reina was in goal.

Kenka

We just sold Ginczek lol

Uuh, you know that Bayern's ultras are not supporting the team at the moment, right?

The atmosphere is abysmal and that's just sad. Everyone that denies that must be a Bayern employee lol
True but that is only valid at the moment. Once Rummeniggod agrees on dealing with the ultras, there will be pleasant sound waves coming from the Nordkurve anew.

subtles

That why need another starting attacking player; so Allen or Henderson can be subbed onto central midfield when those two legs have gone.

They gave the ball away numerous times. The way we play makes giving it away in that area suicidal, if they both stay on then who the hell will track back

I can't take that every week.

GorillaJu

Whoo. That was a nervy ending but a clean sheet and 3 points.

Mignolet needs to be more comfortable passing out the back, but his shot stopping is superb. I can't help but feel that if it were Reina in goal, we'd have lost 1-2 to both of Benteke's shots.

Labadal

First time since 08/09 we win our first two games. Not an impressive second half, but I'll take it. And there was no fuck up from the ref that gave us the victory. We still need a player or two.

ShogunX

Thank fuck. Villa will be a force this year, I'm glad we got that over with. Can't wait for United next week now, should be a great game.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful bastard for all the years of service he gave, but I'm certain we'd be mid table on 2 pts if Reina was in goal.

True though. No chance was Pepe making that save at the end from Benteke.

Toure is a fucking colossus.

Wilbur

Banned
Good win for Liverpool. Made their superior quality count when it mattered but they went into ther shells a fair amount there at the end.

Villa should take heart from what's been a really tough week for them. Played well, fallen behind three times against three good sides and kept on plugging. Fair play to them.

Great result, shocking performance

No shots after the Sturridge goal, nothing worth mentioning before it.

Genuinely never seen us so poor at keeping possession or creating chances under Rodgers. Play anything like that against Man Utd and they'll embarass us

Nobody stood out, Coutinho was involved but too heavily marked to create, and nobody even tried to make use of the extra space provided by that

Mignolet's shot stopping was good, but his distribution is pretty terrible so far. Not sure what Agger was doing when he passed it back to him bouncing at knee height while being closed down

GorillaJu

Toure was immense again. It's 3:30am here and I'm completely tuckered out, barely conscious, I actually feel myself groan internally at the thought of those repeated leaping defensive headers he made over and over and over.

Well in, boys.

LTWheels

I think Ciss will be useful. Can play left back and left mid. Had a good strong run.

Definitely need another attacking midfield that will start games. With Henderson and Allen starting on the bench, it will be easier to sub off Lucas or Gerrard when one of their legs goes.

Villa will be a force this seasons. Young, fit and quick. They just need to learn how to attack without counter-attacking.

Wilbur

Banned
I was the only one who saw the ball change direction then?

Not that it really matters.

I did but I think Sturridge got his foot to it. We have the benefit of replays though whereas I fail to see how the ref could have seen whether it was Guzan or Django in real time. Add the latter not protesting and there's no surprise a pen wasnt given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom