• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't really matter much if you play shit, that's the most satisfying type of win there is I think...apart from beating a rival or something obv.

Points points points, Liverpool will have alot more confidence next time theyre in this situation...obv it's just one win for now but they've got that one on the board now. Belief that they can win even when not playing that well.

Zabojnik

Juve-bros, speaking of Pepe. He scored with the primavera today and assisted the second goal!

itshappening.gif

EDIT: Apparently he's nowhere near a decent form. Alright, see you in december, Pepe!

True but that is only valid at the moment. Once Rummeniggod agrees on dealing with the ultras, there will be pleasant sound waves coming from the Nordkurve anew.

That's exactly what I said lol

I'd be very surprised if Bayern does anything to resolve the problem in the near future. It looks like getting the ultras out of the stadium is exactly what they want.

Also, there are pleasant sounds waves coming from the Nordkurve right now. That's where the away fans are ;)

afraid already?

Yes, I am. Schlacke looks fucking dangerous, man. They could give us a proper challenge for the title. Ask Horst Heldt, Schlacke is up there with Dortmund he said. Probably meant down there with Braunschweig looooool

Wilbur

Banned
Doesn't really matter much if you play shit, that's the most satisfying type of win there is I think...apart from beating a rival or something obv.

Points points points, Liverpool will have alot more confidence next time theyre in this situation...obv it's just one win for now but they've got that one on the board now. Belief that they can win even when not playing that well.

Yeah it's the type of game they don't win last season.

Today showed the good and bad of Gerrard

On the one hand, he was the only midfielder who was timing his tackles properly, and playing with the intensity to match Villa's

On the other, he should be leading by example, and he was surrendering possession as much as anyone else

Anyone got ay stat comparisons between the time of Sturridge's goal, and full time?

PowderedToast

Great result, shocking performance

No shots after the Sturridge goal, nothing worth mentioning before it.

Genuinely never seen us so poor at keeping possession or creating chances under Rodgers. Play anything like that against Man Utd and they'll embarass us

Nobody stood out, Coutinho was involved but too heavily marked to create, and nobody even tried to make use of the extra space provided by that

Mignolet's shot stopping was good, but his distribution is pretty terrible so far. Not sure what Agger was doing when he passed it back to him bouncing at knee height while being closed down

you're right, but honestly i'm not that worried. we just got 6 pts from our first two games and we played really well against stoke. it's easy for me to write this performance off.

Arnie

I agree about Reina. He's have stood there and signed as Benteke's shot went in.

Django playing it cool in the interview. Course he is.

luuuuucaaaa tooooniiii

56pdmq4.gif

Hopefully when we go to Anfield next week we try and press for once.

It won't happen though, it's gonna be that same old shitty 451 pussy formation.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Great result. We were stuck in second gear the whole game, got a nice goal but did little else.

We dominated for 40 mins, but were very sloppy for the remainder. I never seen a team as bad at defensive clearing headers, we must have sent 20-30 straight to Villa feet.

Still though the 6 points are very important. A result against United would be a nice bonus.

ShogunX

Great result, shocking performance

No shots after the Sturridge goal, nothing worth mentioning before it.

Genuinely never seen us so poor at keeping possession or creating chances under Rodgers. Play anything like that against Man Utd and they'll embarass us

Nobody stood out, Coutinho was involved but too heavily marked to create, and nobody even tried to make use of the extra space provided by that

Mignolet's shot stopping was good, but his distribution is pretty terrible so far. Not sure what Agger was doing when he passed it back to him bouncing at knee height while being closed down

Sorry mate but I hate it when people post shit like this. The games against Man Utd will be a completely different game than the win against Villa. Not worth posting hearsay nonsense when the fact is we have 6 points. Enjoy the win, stop bitching and look forward to Tuesday.

Two weeks into a new season is not the time to be analysing performances.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A brace for Toni, fadetoblack is going to love this.

Interesting (and disturbing stat)

Samp’s season-ending 3-2 win last term allowed them to push past Juventus in the all-time head-to-head record. The 1991 Scudetto winners have 19 victories to Juve’s 18, with 18 further draws.

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/uploads/264/family-guy-vomit.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m07ilhvxfo1qli2q7o1_500.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Hopefully when we go to Anfield next week we try and press for once.

It won't happen though, it's gonna be that same old shitty 451 pussy formation.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Calm down mook, I was surprised how much we pressed Swansea in the first half. Didnt stop them getting chances because our midfield sucks dick, but we were quick onto them throughout.

Have faith in Moyeezus. It'll be a 4411 with Welbeck and Valencia wide. Industry, baby.

GorillaJu

I agree to an extent. You never want to see your team play poorly, but this is the type of game that we lost time and again last year. It's good to get wins like this at the beginning of the season. It wasn't vintage Liverpool, but it is a clean sheet and they'll remember that, especially after both Arsenal and Chelsea failed to keep them from scoring.

Walshy

Great win today regardless of the second half performance.

We still need two players: another attacking player and maybe another winger.

Sorry mate but I hate it when people post shit like this. The games against Man Utd will be a completely different game than the win against Villa. Not worth posting hearsay nonsense when the fact is we have 6 points. Enjoy the win, stop bitching and look forward to Tuesday.

Hearsay nonsense? Its nonsense to suggest that we showed a distinct lack of ability to handle intense closing down in defense and midfield which could carry over into our next league game? Why is it nonsense? Because its not true? No. Because there are extrenuating circumstances which won't apply to the Man Utd game? No. Because we won? Ding-ding.

Bullshit. Reminds me of being on RAWK and being jumped on by a load of people who are incapable of concieving of a world where other fans can be simultanously happy with results, and mildly worried by performances.

I'll say that 3 points against a very confident - and maybe pretty good - Villa side is good indeed. All the same, I'd like to see Agger not be such a moron and Rodgers to be a bit more progressive with his substitutions. The final 15 minutes seemed perfect for Sterling to come on.

L1NETT

We still need two players: another attacking player and maybe another winger.

This mainly. Blokes down the pub kept moaning about lack of width. They are annoying loud blokes down the boozer, but they might have a point.

Hhaha I noticed that too, just trying to impress on debut I guess.

Bacuna was bad though...

There was that one free kick where there was a decent opportunity to give Benteke summat to attack and this Tonev mug shoots from the next county. Someone needs to have a word, this isn't the Polish Part time noddy division .

rodvik

On a positive note, we grinded out the game. We were terrible at grinding out games last season.

Rodgers came to sit back and play on the counter. Once he got his goal he suffocated the game. Nothing wrong with that as a game plan when playing away.

I'm good with ugly wins. Manure got them during the entirety of last season.

Last week was better for chances, but this week, I think we have an amazing defender in Toure and Mignolet was brilliant in stops.

Without those two, the game ends a draw or a loss. Oh, Sturridge has 8 goals in 7 PL games. He does NOT suck.

Wilbur

Banned
This mainly. Blokes down the pub kept moaning about lack of width. They are annoying loud blokes down the boozer, but they might have a point.

Won't get better when Suarez comes back into the side either, all their players cut inside instead of taking someone on. Ibe and Sterling are good off the bench I suppose

It makes sense why we wanted to bring in Willian.

Ibe and Sterling are too young for first XI.

Do you reckon we should have bought Sterling on?

We were playing a fair amount of long balls (mainly clearances) and Sterling would have had a chance to catch up with a few of them perhaps before they reached Villa's defenders, but then again we were losing out on most of them in the aerial battles, and Sterling would not have helped there.

L1NETT

Won't get better when Suarez comes back into the side either, all their players cut inside instead of taking someone on. Ibe and Sterling are good off the bench I suppose

Aye. Still a good result from them, old Kolo the car salesmen looked good too. Not sure Ibe and Sterling are starters yet, old David Brent might have to go and buy someone from swansea. £25m for Wayne Routledge inbound.

----

Oh and pool fans, you playing Notts County? They are absolute wank, lost at home to Stevenge today, they are in the relegation zone in our league so don't worry about them.

But after 4 games, the mighty Bantams are in the playoff positions. Promoted by Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom