• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I'm not suggesting that we're better off without him, but for the 6 games he's been banned, our record is w5, d1. That is unlikely to be sheer luck.

Our next 4 fixtures are Notts County (H - CO cup), Manchester United (H), Swansea (A), Southampton (H).

Bit of a tough run, but I can see us picking up at good few points from that, possibly even 9 if we keep our good form and bring in a quality winger/centreback.

Notts County will be a good chance to see Luis Alberto in action. Hopefully he'll get 90 minutes there, and Coutinho will have a break.

justjohn

He's a cunt, a "good person" only when he wants/needs to be.

Remember when he blasted Preciado(r.i.p) and Sporting Gijon for "throwing the match and letting Barca win" Even though they only lost 1-0 in that game.

Then Sporting and Preciado went to the Bernabeu and ended Mou's precious home league undefeated record from like 2003 or whenever.

Mou of course, not wanting to get shit on for his big talk went into the Sporting locker room and congratulated the players and coach. :lol
Your mourinho hate is quite funny really.

FootballFan

He became the anti Barca and Liverpool. In other words, everything good about this world, except his little trip to Inter, we don't talk about that.

ySYvKUL.gif

The mirror is reporting Chelsea's next rooney bid is at £ 40m

Please stop already. It's good enough to have the fat bastard angry at United, don't actually need to bring the slob here. Let him go to Real or something when they get real desperate on the last day with still only the French Bendtner as their forward.

So Willian is to become a Chelsea player in the next 48 hours according to Eurosport. Don't understand why Spurs couldn't just be good sports about it and fax over the medical.

Fady K

Please stop already. It's good enough to have the fat bastard angry at United, don't actually need to bring the slob here. Let him go to Real or something when they get real desperate on the last day with still only the French Bendtner as their forward.

My main issue wooden is that our strikeforce is nothing special. Lukaku has tje potential to be huuuge but as it stands we are simply not that dangerous up front.

Rooney is better than ba + torres combined. But united are adamant about not selling. Regardless 40m is a lot 0_o

justjohn

We should keep bidding. Even if we're not really interested in Rooney, it will unsettle the player, the dressing room and hopefully that will translate to shit on pitch performances. Mou is a genius.

My main issue wooden is that our strikeforce is nothing special. Lukaku has tje potential to be huuuge but as it stands we are simply not that dangerous up front.

Rooney is better than ba + torres combined. But united are adamant about not selling. Regardless 40m is a lot 0_o

Rooney is better than Torres and Ba. Problem is that he got the sulkiness of Torres and the eating habits of Titus Bramble. Getting a forward in that can't make it through a summer break without coming back unfit and chubby is not going to solve anything.

I am all for upsetting him and United by getting the bids in though. Just don't actually sign him.

Fady K

We should keep bidding. Even if we're not really interested in Rooney, it will unsettle the player, the dressing room and hopefully that will translate to shit on pitch performances. Mou is a genius.

Chelsea fan??? A very belated welcome is in order i take it :D we have too few of u!

Honestly, it's not fair to call Wilbur that.

Zabojnik

Juventus-Strike-Force-Matri-Quagliarella.jpeg

Fady K

Rooney is better than Torres and Ba. Problem is that he got the sulkiness of Torres and the eating habits of Titus Bramble. Getting a forward in that can't make it through a summer break without coming back unfit and chubby is not going to solve anything.

I am all for upsetting him and United by getting the bids in though. Just don't actually sign him.

If rooney was happier he'd do wonders i think. Feel bad about doing any of this for destabilizing united (i think they are too strong mentally to be destabilized).

I prefer a straightforward bidding process ;D

I have been posting here for a quite a while but thanks.

I can imagine as i have went from posting 10-20 times a day to 1-5 times a day every week or so :p

Quag still scored against us though :p

Arnie

If ever you needed proof of the amount Rodgers has learnt and adapted since becoming manager, yesterday he said,

"Sometimes you can control the game without the ball."

He wouldn't have said that a year ago.

justjohn

If ever you needed proof of the amount Rodgers has learnt and adapted since becoming manager, yesterday he said,

For me he has to challenge the top 4 this season. Not necessarily get a top four but challenge to the last day and then actually make it next season.

Arnie

For me he has to challenge the top 4 this season. Not necessarily get a top four but challenge to the last day and then actually make it next season.

If you compare the finances he's had available to him it's going to be very difficult. He's yet to make a £20 million signing, and elsewhere you've got Spurs making numerous £30 million ones. United, Chelsea, and City are all far ahead of us in terms of the quality in their squad. I don't think he has to stay with those four, but it'd be a great achievement if we could.

Conceivably I'd like to stay with the pack, but we're going to have to be exceptional to do that. We've improved immensely because of shrewd signings, rather than bank busters. We improved hugely in January with that immense double signing, and if you look at the impact Kolo and Mignolet have made in these first two games, they've been almost similarly influential.

Looking for a DVD/Blu-Ray collection app for Windows Phone, used to have one on my iPhone which was pretty brilliant and would let you scan the bar codes on the boxes. Any ones like this? Tried a few and they're pretty shit. Lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

"Sometimes you can win the game by losing it"

aggregate

and legacy

If you compare the finances he's had available to him it's going to be very difficult. He's yet to make a £20 million signing, and elsewhere you've got Spurs making numerous £30 million ones. United, Chelsea, and City are all far ahead of us in terms of the quality in their squad. I don't think he has to stay with those four, but it'd be a great achievement if we could.

Conceivably I'd like to stay with the pack, but we're going to have to be exceptional to do that. We've improved immensely because of shrewd signings, rather than bank busters. We improved hugely in January with that immense double signing, and if you look at the impact Kolo and Mignolet have made in these first two games, they've been almost similarly influential.

Arnie you've been on poor form lately. Numerous £30 million signings? We've never paid that amount for a player and if we do then it's obvious where that money's coming from. And you tried to sign Willian and Micky, so you saying he's yet to make a £20 million signing is a weak comparison in terms of the finances he has at his disposal.

LTWheels

Our biggest weaknesses last season were being physically outmuscled or done on the counter attack.

Considering the first two teams we have played, I'm quite happy that we have learnt how to manage those weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom