• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Any chance of some decent opposition from Malaga? Not feeling today's matches, but I might take a peek at Barca for that Neymar-Messi magic.

They're still alright but you can imagine it would be tough losing Isco and Pellegrini. Schuster is their coach now lol.

Baptista, Saviola, Demichelis, Toulalan, Iturra and Joaquin also not there anymore.

Neymar is expected to start too, so Malaga will be the first team to feel his true starting power.

Arnie

Arnie you've been on poor form lately. Numerous £30 million signings? We've never paid that amount for a player and if we do then it's obvious where that money's coming from. And you tried to sign Willian and Micky, so you saying he's yet to make a £20 million signing is a weak comparison in terms of the finances he has at his disposal.

Soldado and Lamela (when it's completed).

And I'm not saying you shouldn't be making those signings, or that we can't make a £30 million signing (as you've said, we tried). I'm simply pointing out the facts, you've spent far more money than we have and added real quality to a number of positions in your squad. Whilst we've tried to add that quality we haven't been able, and thus I don't think we can expect Rodgers to keep up with those that have.

It makes no odds to my argument whether we tried or not, or whether your deals were bankrolled by Bale. That's the situation.

Our biggest weaknesses last season were being physically outmuscled or done on the counter attack.

Considering the first two teams we have played, I'm quite happy that we have learnt how to manage those weaknesses.
tumblr_mmjf83zNpI1qdc7g6o3_500.gif

L1NETT

Betting tip nobody asked for.

Leyton Orient 4/1 to get promoted this year.

Edit: Villa fans, Samir Carruthurs looks tidy, scored a neat goal today. Bamford also got a nice one, on loan from the blues I think.

Soldado and Lamela (when it's completed).

And I'm not saying you shouldn't be making those signings, or that we can't make a £30 million signing (as you've said, we tried). I'm simply pointing out the facts, you've spent far more money than we have and added real quality to a number of positions in your squad. Whilst we've tried to add that quality we haven't been able, and thus I don't think we can expect Rodgers to keep up with those that have.

It makes no odds to my argument whether we tried or not, or whether your deals were bankrolled by Bale. That's the situation.

That's a strange argument then if you're ignoring the reason why we can add real quality in a number of positions. That we will significantly weaken our squad in order to sign some of those players. Is there any point comparing the finances available without looking at net spend? You spent about £20 million last January.

Suen

Any chance of some decent opposition from Malaga? Not feeling today's matches, but I might take a peek at Barca for that Neymar-Messi magic.
Malaga is shit now, they've lost like most of their key players. On top of the ones Messi mentioned don't forget that Arse bought Cazorla, Monreal and Rubin Kazan bought Rondo, all good players.

kharma45

Looking for a DVD/Blu-Ray collection app for Windows Phone, used to have one on my iPhone which was pretty brilliant and would let you scan the bar codes on the boxes. Any ones like this? Tried a few and they're pretty shit. Lol

Flixter does ratings but isn't probably what you want. I'll see what I can come up with.

kharma45

There's F1 today? Fuck.

I guess that's how much I've cared about this year's season. It started really well but fucking Vettel ruined it for me.

F1 is one of thos sports where unless you're properly into it, it becomes a pile of shite once someone starts running away with it, since they're only competing for one thing which the casuals give a shit about

Clegg

Europa Universalis IV (EUIV). Similar to Civ but a lot more advanced. If Civilization is FIFA then EUIV is Football Manager.
I don't think this game will be for me then.

Just started Civ for the first time and I'm still not entirely sure on what I'm doing.

Who wants one?

Mirror's Edge Origin Key
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
Mirror's Edge Steam Key
Medal of Honor Origin Key
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam Key

Even Bayern fans are allowed. PM me

Lewis is gonna beat him, have faith.

Not that much better :p

#JB4Laif

But fuck McLaren since they can't get anything right this year.

F1 is one of thos sports where unless you're properly into it, it becomes a pile of shite once someone starts running away with it, since they're only competing for one thing which the casuals give a shit about

I'd say I am more into it than a casual fan, I've been through a good couple of years of Michael Schumacher's era and I honestly can't take another one of those with Vettel.

I believe when that started to happen again this year my mind started to shut down when it came to F1. Hopefully next year will be better but I care more about RVP now. :p

That said, I am still going to go this year to watch it live in Abu Dhabi. That's mostly due to Muse being there though, more than the race itself.

Clegg

You'll get into it. It takes some time to understand how things work. If you have questions just ask in the Brave New World thread at GAF, we're always willing to help.

I'll pop into the thread eventually, thanks.

Just trying to get used to all the different options the game presents.

Wanna see Yesil, Wisdom, Kelly, Sterling, and Ibe start. We'll probably see Borini, Pacheco and Assaidi start.

I know L1NETT says they're shit, but so were Oldham last season iirc.

----------------------Jones---------------------

Kelly----Wisdom-----Skrtel----Cissokho

-----------------?----------------------------------
-------------------------Allen---------------------

Sterling---------Alberto-------------Aspas

---------------------Borini-------------------------

Do we still not have a backup for Lucas?

Can't believe that in the first 2 weekends that Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and United have all been on TV twice… seems unfair on other teams.

Not to mention Cardiff vs City is hardly a blockbuster, i'd rather Spurs vs Swansea was on TV

Edit: Sorry Spurs not on TV, as they're at the same time as City my bad

Can't believe that in the first 2 weekends that Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Chelsea, United and Swansea have all been on TV twice… seems unfair on other teams.

Not to mention Cardiff vs City is hardly a blockbuster, i'd rather Spurs vs Swansea was on TV

Wait, they chose the City match to be on TV? Fuck's sake.

@justjohn, I think its too much to expct Liverpool to take a 4th place challenge to the last day the season after we finished 12 points behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom