• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Benteke alrady that good where a team has done well to restrict him to just one clear chance? (2, if you count that header he sent wide)

Dat Andy Reid

More like Anderson Reid amirite?

£2m for Eto'o? Who's getting paid? Dodgy deal between 2 Russians.

He is on insane wages and the Anzhi owner just wants to get rid of everything. Of course Roman being good friends with Suleyman Kerimov probably helped too... Just a bit.
iVz62YxBWZBK6.png

Fady K

TERMS AGREED FOR WILLIAN
Posted on: Sun 25 Aug 2013

Willians is a great player but does he fit at the moment? Moses is beginning to do very well, Schurrle is new and useful, Mata+Oscar+Hazard are too important, and De Bruyne is one of the most exciting Chelsea players at the moment. Where will they place him? We need an RVP-like player.

Support more than one team, become a multi-team bro.

Brofist ;D

can´t sleep
fucking insomnia

Suggestion for you bro, stay away from all sorts of gadgets (cellphones, tablets and videogames can be killer). Try a hot shower, add a glass of cold milk, put some soft music in the background (or even relaxing sound effects). Good luck.

Wilbur

Banned
Is Benteke alrady that good where a team has done well to restrict him to just one clear chance? (2, if you count that header he sent wide)

no

goddamnit liverpool fans, calm down

calm DOWN

He's lazy outside the box, doesn't press with the rest of his team and I don't think he's in sync with Gabby and Weimann yet. But in the box, he comes alive. He's very very good, but he isn't an absolute amazing striker yet.

i just dipped my dick in cement.

:looooooooool

Mastadon

Banned
no

calm DOWN

He's lazy outside the box, doesn't press with the rest of his team and I don't think he's in sync with Gabby and Weimann yet. But in the box, he comes alive. He's very very good, but he isn't an absolute amazing striker yet.

Can't wait for him to traumatise Vidic into retirement.

Fuck Ultra. I's the best example that they all see themselves and their culture as something bigger than the club.

You ever watched that Sport1 bit I posted yesterday or two days ago?

Bayern's ultras have all the right to be mad, fuck the guys in charge at Bayern. The Bayern guy said stuff like "Ultras, that were known as hooligans a few years ago." or "When you've been in the Südkurve for your whole life, you're older now and have more money for more expensive tickets". I mean what the fuck is wrong with him, he doesn't have any idea about what he's doing at all. Or he just wants to destroy the current Südkurve.

no

calm DOWN

:looooooooool

I agree btw, worth noting that 2 of his 3 goals are penalties he played no part in winning (as far as I remember)

Wilbur

Banned
I agree btw, worth noting that 2 of his 3 goals are penalties he played no part in winning (as far as I remember)

Yeah Agbonlahor won both. His goal against Chelsea was fantastic, but he didn't really look threatening outside that; Ivanovic had him under control for most the game.

Arnie

no

calm DOWN

Don't agree, I thought he was quite relentless in his work up front, in pressing and closing down the space.

And I personally believe he is good enough that teams should be going into the game with a plan for him. He could walk into Chelsea's first 11 right now, or Arsenal's. Quite why nobody threw down a £25-30 million bid when the transfer request had been placed I don't know, especially as Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea all needed a striker, and all have been prepared to meet the £30 milllion mark (and beyond) for one.

After his display at Stamford Bridge I expect Mourinho to go in hard for him next summer, depending on how well Lukaku's done. In my opinion he's much better than Lukaku, although that's a fairly obvious assessment.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't agree, I thought he was quite relentless in his work up front, in pressing and closing down the space.

And I personally believe he is good enough that teams should be going into the game with a plan for him. He could walk into Chelsea's first 11 right now, or Arsenal's. Quite why nobody threw down a £25-30 million bid when the transfer request had been placed I don't know, especially as Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea all needed a striker, and all have been prepared to meet the £30 milllion mark (and beyond) for one.

After his display at Stamford Bridge I expect Mourinho to go in hard for him next summer, depending on how well Lukaku's done. In my opinion he's much better than Lukaku, although that's a fairly obvious assessment.

I don't think he's anywhere near as impressive in pressing as Agbonlahor and Weimann are, although yesterday was a tad different when they were chasing the game and you were sitting back so much. But against Chelsea apart from the goal, Ivanovic had him pretty well covered, and he didn't threaten Arsenal too much either, exactly the sort of defence you'd expect him to wreak havoc against.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's great, and I think he's worth 25-30m. But that's because he'll grow into an even better player, as opposed to what he can do now. He's invaluable to a team like Villa because they don't have any other goalscorers in the side, but for a team like Chelsea where he'd get rotated more, where there's others to add impetus, he'd stand out less. I'm sure he'd still be top and he'd be a big part of any success, but Villa don't have anyone else to score their goals so setting up their game around him is pretty understandable.

Wilbur

Banned
McGugan just scored a brilliant free kick! And then didn't celebrate. I don't care if it was against Man United I would have got my dick out if I scored that.

I love him.

How and why there aren't more gifs of him I do not know.

:lol

I was trying to find that one Shatner made of him peeping around the corner naked loooool

spidye

FC Bayern München ‏@FCBayern 27m

Hiobsbotschaft: #Thiago bei Zweikampf im Nürnberg-Spiel Syndesmose-Band gerissen! Morgen Operation, ca. 7 Wochen Zwangspause. | ^M.Hörwick

shit

Well, sucks for him but is this even bad for Bayern?

I think it's better for them. Thiago hasn't done shit for Bayern and now Pep must play Martinez, that will only help Bayern.

martinez and götze will get some play time now.
but really sucks for thiago. I wished he would get to know the team better and start playing more games

qindarka

Banned
I feel similar to you. I've reached a point in life where I quite enjoy watching Liverpool, where I look forward to hearing what comes out of Brendan's mouth, where I actively would rather they qualified for the Champions League than Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

What's happening to me

Am I becoming a plastic Liverpool fan

It's only because they haven't been a threat for a while. We will go back to hating them when they get back on top.

Think this is a bit early. Eto'o is probably our fall-back if our next Rooney bid fails.

fuenf

Well, sucks for him but is this even bad for Bayern?

I think it's better for them. Thiago hasn't done shit for Bayern and now Pep must play Martinez, that will only help Bayern.

Nah I doubt it, most likely he'll just continue to play Kroos over Martinez. Which will make us even worse.

Arnie

I can't for the life of me understand why Arsenal are pursuing fucking Yohan Kebab when they've got an excellent midfield already. Their defence is so weak that they're resorting to Sagna at centreback, and up front it's Giroud or bust.

And they need a top goalkeeper, of which there are a couple available (Cesar and Begovic).

They're just a stupid club in all respects. Fucking laughing stock.

I can't for the life of me understand why Arsenal are pursuing fucking Yohan Kebab when they've got an excellent midfield already. Their defence is so weak that they're resorting to Sagna at centreback, and up front it's Giroud or bust.

And they need a top goalkeeper, of which there are a couple available (Cesar and Begovic).

They're just a stupid club in all respects. Fucking laughing stock.

They'll still come fourth though :(

You should see his website, its that weird japanese game shit I hate but its from the uk which makes it pseudo japanese game shit i hate but even worse because its pretending to be japanese game shit i hate

LOL It's not my website, I work with the guys who own it. It a game they want to make. Don't make assumptions, plastic. And obviously the game isn't being made for you since you "hate that kind of shit" as you put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom