• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
*wakes up, checks scores, sees City lost to a newly promoted team*

Same shit, different toilet. Tomorrow's tilt will decide the title.

/knee-jerk reaction.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOL Bologna, I have no words. Just go home you cunts.
I need your recommendation. Does requesting a ban really help staying away from Neogaf or is it better to try doing it without a ban?

It really doesn't. You'll end up browsing GAF anyway.

Don't leave us fuenf :(

Clegg

Nope, Wilbury knows that Ozil's arrival would spell the end for Kagawa, who's immensely more likeable and when utilised just as effective. He also knows that given you have the aforementioned flea, as well as the spud, you really don't need to be spending €45 million on a new attacking midfielder.

You should buy Fellaini and Baines, and wait until the right deal comes around. Buying Ozil screams of a panic buy, especially when we know you turned him down (and rightly so in my opinion).
I agree with everything you've said.

But Ozil is Wilbury's fav player. There'll be no stopping his fud.

dc89

Daaaaaamn.

But justified, he's shite.

Shots fired.

Shots? Bomb was dropped...napalm and stuff.

you need him back like we need Rene.

Explosive rounds. Massive splash damage.

:lol - I love the varied answers but they all point to the same conclusion.

TBH, you all know I've defended Hart, but I'm getting sick of mistakes he's making. Give Pantilimon a go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ibkGM7ljdJpCvK.gif

Would someone please buy him?

I don't see where he said that.

Rioferby5

PaulLFC

Can't wait for a week on Wednesday, it's PES 2014 demo day, and for the first time in ages PES actually looks decent. More than decent, if the videos are anything to go by it might actually give FIFA a run for its money for the first time in a long time. Animations are stunning.

Suen

Chievo are playing really ugly. Pulling lots on our players, holding them really firmly and fucking strangling them in certain parts. Wtf, good on ref to call on them most of the time. Amauri and Cassano losing their patience :lol

Can't wait for a week on Wednesday, it's PES 2014 demo day, and for the first time in ages PES actually looks decent. More than decent, if the videos are anything to go by it might actually give FIFA a run for its money for the first time in a long time. Animations are stunning.

Wish you got more than 2 minutes in football game demos. 10 minutes is the sweet spot

fuenf

LOL Bologna, I have no words. Just go home you cunts.

It really doesn't. You'll end up browsing GAF anyway.

Don't leave us fuenf :(

Yeah I'll go the FootyGAF only route and eliminate the Gaming-Side, OT and transfermarkt.de from my browsing habits. It worked well last year.

I don't know, there's tons of stuff happening in my life right now and somehow I always gravitate towards spending lots of times on message boards whenever I'm unhappy with myself or simply feel overwhelmed.

But reading shit like the console wars is or crazy German Bayern fans after a Bayern game is only making everything worse, and very taxing.

Slizz

Wish you got more than 2 minutes in football game demos. 10 minutes is the sweet spot

The demos(both franchises) really mean nothing. FIFA is a little bit more of an accurate representation of the game, but PES demos have been god awful for a while now, only for a newer build demo to be released and the final product to still be a letdown.

Suen

FUCK!! Such a strong header from Biabiany but Puggioni just had to do an amazing save.

edit: Cassano out, Sansone in. Sansone pls.

Kießling just said he won't play for the German national team as long as Löw is the coach.

I fucking love Kießling, finally some bad press for Löw. Too bad Löw probably won't care about it at all considering Löw didn't care for Kießling at all.

arkon

I'm currently thinking about only visiting the Football-Thread and staying away from OT and especially the gaming-site. Or leaving GAF all together.

The console wars are the dumbest shit ever but somehow I can't stay away from the gaming site. I don't even post there but I spent far too much time there the last couple of weeks.

makes sense, I'll try to become footyGAF only.

It's not that difficult. You get used to it after the first few days and then it's almost second nature not to browse the site. I found my productivity increasing in other areas too which was what I needed at the time

Same, I hear you can change it somehow on the PC demos though :p

Some kind of hack or something.

Yeah, I can't wait to play the demo. Got it pre-ordered for £35 at Amazon though, not bad :p

@Slizz, I think the full game comes out a week later, so it must be the retail bulid. We all know Konami like to lie though :p

FootballFan

Kießling just said he won't play for the German national team as long as Löw is the coach.

I fucking love Kießling, finally some bad press for Löw. Too bad Löw probably won't care about it at all considering Löw didn't care for Kießling at all.

My Italian friend pronounces his name as Kiebling. :lol Always cracks me up, I play along with it.

Also, don't know if it's just Sky Germany recycling old stuff but they say Bale to Real for €91m + 8m in add ons. They are basically paying €99m but word it the other way so Ronaldo keeps his most expensive player tag.

Slizz

Same, I hear you can change it somehow on the PC demos though :p

Some kind of hack or something.

Yeah, I can't wait to play the demo. Got it pre-ordered for £35 at Amazon though, not bad :p

@Slizz, I think the full game comes out a week later, so it must be the retail bulid. We all know Konami like to lie though :p

It was either last year or the year before, but PES re-released a demo, I dl'ed it and it froze my 360. Deleted, re-dl'ed and it worked but it still sucked lol.

Zabojnik

Yeah, I noticed. He's MUCH better playing wide*, isn't he?

*As far away as possible from attempting a shot

His natural position, imo.

Chievo are playing really ugly. Pulling lots on our players, holding them really firmly and fucking strangling them in certain parts. Wtf, good on ref to call on them most of the time. Amauri and Cassano losing their patience :lol

Serie B is calling, Suen. They want Parma back.

Arnie

Capoue is a monster
He impressed me massively today, was the best player on the pitch.

Still not sure about Soldado. He doesn't give me the impression that he can create a goal on his own, yet he's got a price tag that suggests the opposite. Like, I really think you should've dropped that £30 million on Benteke when the window of opportunity presented itself.

I've played two matches and I can safely say I won't be buying Fifa this year.

The build I played still had issues, but it felt so fresh. The animations are ridiculously good.

arkon

Demo on all platforms including PC?

Salvadora

He impressed me massively today, was the best player on the pitch.

Still not sure about Soldado. He doesn't give me the impression that he can create a goal on his own, yet he's got a price tag that suggests the opposite. Like, I really think you should've dropped that £30 million on Benteke when the window of opportunity presented itself.
He's been lucky with the penalties, I think.

A run of games without any goals could have seen question marks raised about that price. Although strangely I don't think the papers would've written anything about that.

fuenf

It's not that difficult. You get used to it after the first few days and then it's almost second nature not to browse the site. I found my productivity increasing in other areas too which was what I needed at the time

Yeah I hope my productivity will increase too. It might even lead to me spending more time on footyGAF which wouldnt be the worst thing, I just want to get that console wars bullshit out of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom