• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Dat Nerman. A football genius.

I don't know about that but he is good no doubt. Once he is fit and stronger, starting next to Messi and Alexis. It will be amazing. The new godly Messi trio.

DdOxqCH.png

dc89

Big Ron on Celeb BB. He's just insinuated that because another contestant was wearing a jumper like a head scarf she could be carrying a bomb.

Oh Big Ron.

Suen

lol we can't even beat Chievo at home. Can't wait to see Napolol, Milol and Lolentus each put ten goals in our net. So shit, and now that chance Amauri missed in the beginning makes me more pissed, should have been a fucking goal.

How does one pronounce Callejon? Hallehon?
Ka-je-hon? Or something like that. I think one or two guys from Madrid-GAF are spanish, come out!

Mastadon

Banned
Big Ron on Celeb BB. He's just insinuated that because another contestant was wearing a jumper like a head scarf she could be carrying a bomb.

Oh Big Ron.

Nah it's okay, he did a programme called "Big Ron... Am I Racist?" and he found out that he wasn't, so it's fine.

Arnie

He's been lucky with the penalties, I think.

A run of games without any goals could have seen question marks raised about that price. Although strangely I don't think the papers would've written anything about that.

Barney Ronay has kind of broached the subject in his latest column:

Soldado had spent the previous 57 minutes of his home debut doing a convincing impression of man expertly staying out of the way, but he finally broke into something approaching a run as he sidled up and slotted in the penalty with the easy precision of a man who knows it is his lot to do this kind of thing.

Out-and-out strikers were declared extinct a few years back, but Soldado did pretty much nothing here but provide the decisive sting.

FootballFan

How else would you define him? Dude's got them football skillz in his DNA. Once again the match changed when we came on.

A football god. Nah I just meant he will show it properly once he is fit and starting with Messi. So far at least one of them is either always injured or at best on the bench.

Good on Neymar for not being like fucking Alba and diving holding his face there.

Mastadon

Banned
Merda 2 : 0 Genoa
Cagliari 2 : 1 Atalanta
Lazio 2 : 1 Udinese
Livorno 0 : 2 Roma
Napoli 3 : 0 Bologna
Parma 0 : 0 Chievo
Torino 2 : 0 Sassuolo

I'm sorry, DDc89.

Weekend ruined!

At least Kiev didn't let me down. Yarmolenko got an assist and a goal as well. Sign him up Brenton.

Suen

You have to give props to Malaga for holding up against Barca and creating chances against them even after losing most of their talent.

Salvadora

Barney Ronay has kind of broached the subject in his latest column:
Aye.

It just feels like not a lot has been said about Spurs spending £26m for a striker. With any other club you would expect the expectations to be sky high. It's the equivalent of nearly three Girouds.

Showaddy

So the tabloids are saying Bale will be unveiled at the Bernabéu on Tuesday yes AVB has said Bale's been granted 2 days off and will be back in training on Tuesday.

Who to believe...

Arnie

Just got home and checked the scores.

City :looooool what happened? I bet Hart fucked up again.

Of course he did.

Fucking hell Hart is 26. Thought he was like 23. Perhaps he's just peaked early.

Aye.

It just feels like not a lot has been said about Spurs spending £26m for a striker. With any other club you would expect the expectations to be sky high. It's the equivalent of nearly three Girouds.
Especially when that money would've got a player like Benteke.

So the tabloids are saying Bale will be unveiled at the Bernabéu on Tuesday yes AVB has said Bale's been granted 2 days off and will be back in training on Tuesday.

Who to believe...
Well, Bale's in Spain...

pulga

Banned
Rayo Vallecano's coach's statements are fucking amazing. He literally callied his team the "shittiest of the whole division".

PaulLFC

Wish you got more than 2 minutes in football game demos. 10 minutes is the sweet spot
I can't remember for certain but I think PES 2013 had 10 minute halfs in its demo - hopefully 2014 is the same. It really is vital for football games to get a proper feel for the gameplay.

Yeah, I can't wait to play the demo. Got it pre-ordered for £35 at Amazon though, not bad :p

@Slizz, I think the full game comes out a week later, so it must be the retail bulid. We all know Konami like to lie though :p
Not bad at all, I was going to go PS3 but the PC version was only £21.85 so I ended up going with that in the end.

Full game is indeed a week later as far as I know.

I've played two matches and I can safely say I won't be buying Fifa this year.

The build I played still had issues, but it felt so fresh. The animations are ridiculously good.
It looks phenomenal from the videos (anyone wondering what it's like should check out the "Public Service Announcement" thread on the gaming side), can't wait to actually play it. I was set on buying FIFA for PS4 but having seen gameplay from the Xbox One version it looks like the same game in higher res, such a lazy effort.

Demo on all platforms including PC?
Only PS3/360 before launch, PC "soon after launch" - something to do with the demo being hacked last year and "licences we weren't supposed to reveal yet being discovered" - I don't understand how licences can't be announced so close to release anyway, but who knows.

Razor554

Winning 0-1, what is this shit, a Spain NT? We can't score for shit if Messi is not fit/playing at all.

And start Neymar vs Atletico and Valencia instead of Pedro. Tata pls

FootballFan

Man that was a close call..

#BasedValdes

Truly better than Hart(lol).

Pique was dreadful all game imo. Got saved by Adriano, Alves, Mascherano and Valdes countless times.

I'll take the 1-0.

Sanchez, Adriano, Cesc in the first half and Neymar + Iniesta were the good performers.

pulga

Banned
:looooool

"Somos el equipo más pequeño de la categoría. Hay 19 y luego nosotros, el 20. Y a nadie le ha entrado en la cabeza eso. Hasta que no seamos conscientes de eso no entraremos en la dinámica buena. Gracias a Dios que sólo nos llevamos cinco. Somos los más pequeños de la categoría; los más mierdas de la categoría somos nosotros. Cuando sepamos eso, podemos competir con cualquiera", advirtió.

Amazing.

Suen

Merda 2 : 0 Genoa
Cagliari 2 : 1 Atalanta
Lazio 2 : 1 Udinese
Livorno 0 : 2 Roma
Napoli 3 : 0 Bologna
Parma 0 : 0 Chievo
Torino 2 : 0 Sassuolo

I'm sorry, DDc89.
Get bent Torino, Lazio, Napolol and Inter. At least we got one point, more than what Milan has!

He impressed me massively today, was the best player on the pitch.

Still not sure about Soldado. He doesn't give me the impression that he can create a goal on his own, yet he's got a price tag that suggests the opposite. Like, I really think you should've dropped that £30 million on Benteke when the window of opportunity presented itself.

You're not sure about Soldado? I thought you said he was shit!

I think they wanted £25 million for Benteke. Obviously he's started the season really well. Soldado has been isolated and hasn't had many chances to be honest. He needs to forge some sort of understanding with the players around him, and today showed that he desperately needs someone creative playing behind.

Another thing, Dembele does not work well with Paulinho and Capoue. I don't think he should be playing with those two because he's not a very good attacking midfielder. Those three players share too many of the same qualities for a midfield three, and if they don't understand their role then you just have them constantly coming short to get the ball off each other. Also, our attacking movement is really poor. Townsend in particular still has a lot to learn about how to use space effectively. You can't just stand out wide waiting to get the ball so you can run at people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom