• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

I know I keep banging on about it but a lot of our problems would have been solved if we'd brought in a decent midfielder to partner Carrick.

I'd like to see us go for it too but Moyes is under a lot of pressure. He won't want to lose his first home game especially since it's such a big one too. I'd like to see is Play Carrick and Ando at CM and have Shinji playing in front of them. Welbeck and Ando out wide with RVP up front. Can't see us going for that though. Moyes will probs want to keep it tight.

And I wish Hernandez was fit. He's our sure fire tactic against Chelsea.

He looks fitter I'll grant you that but he'll not be able to cover that much ground. Two places at once? :p

Yeah, I should probably head down there to check it out for myself sometime next week.

If you'll mainly use them on this pitch, listen to Viva.

In my youth team we sometimes played with studs on those kind of pitches, too. I mean, yeah, it works but if you're not planning to play a lot on a real pitch in the near future, don't go for studs. The other ones work better on artificial ground.

Feorax

We could do worse than Moses. He'd be the Aaron Lennon to Suarez's Gareth Bale.

We really need a proper wide player to replace Downing/Assaidi. Quite frankly, if our transfer committie is willing to sign off on it, I'm happy considering their recent success record.

He looks fitter I'll grant you that but he'll not be able to cover that much ground.

He'll keep us in contention for 55/60 minutes at least.

Cleverley couldn't handle the movement of Shelvey and Leon Britton. He'll be pass out after 20 minutes of chasing Chelsea's attacking mids.

kharma45

Let's do this tomorrow Davey Moyes

Fabio ------ Rio--- Vidic ----Patrick

-------------------Phil-----------

----------Mikey C------Ando---------

Valencia----------------------------Welberg

------------------RVP-----------------

K1LLER7

He looks fitter I'll grant you that but he'll not be able to cover that much ground. Two places at once? :p

He's better than Cleverley when asked to defend. Plus he was amazing against them last season in the Carling Cup game.

oh and all you guys have got your line-ups wrong. Giggs will start. Again! :(

Slizz

So what say you Footy-GAF? Too fit, just right?

Cause to IMO this chick is fucking smoking, aside from the average tattoo mistakes(nothing really wrong with them, they just seem frivolous)

mwjPHJN.jpg

HiTqCRG.jpg

Wk1TBwa.jpg

zbxkHDG.png

lzHvgmn.jpg

iPJpBri.jpg

Bonus:

yZR8Bo6.jpg

pulga

Banned
Let's do this tomorrow Davey Moyes

Fabio ------ Rio--- Vidic ----Patrick

-------------------Phil-----------

----------Mikey C------Ando---------

Valencia----------------------------Welberg

------------------RVP-----------------

Ew. Is this what United is to become post-SAF?

Wilbur

Banned
He'll keep us in contention for 55/60 minutes at least.

Cleverley couldn't handle the movement of Shelvey and Leon Britton. He'll be pass out after 20 minutes of chasing Chelsea's attacking mids.

Innit. But I reckon he'll be picked. Moyers likes him, played a lotta minutes so far including pre-season.

Anderson is the duckling that is just about to turn into a swan and then he farts in front of Grandma or vomits after three ciders. PLS TRANSFORM, ANDO

Walshy

We could do worse than Moses. He'd be the Aaron Lennon to Suarez's Gareth Bale.

We really need a proper wide player to replace Downing/Assaidi. Quite frankly, if our transfer committie is willing to sign off on it, I'm happy considering their recent success record.
I'll only be happy with it if we sign another attacking midfielder with it.

Do people think Mata will still be at Chelsea when the window closes?
No.

Hazard, Oscar and Willian are going to make up the three behind the striker. They also have Schürrle and De Bruyne who can come off the bench. Also the likes of Lampard and van Ginkel can play just off the striker too.

I have no idea where he would play.

Wilbur

Banned

Cause to IMO this chick is fucking smoking, aside from the average tattoo mistakes(nothing really wrong with them, they just seem frivolous)

http://i.imgur.com/mwjPHJN.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HiTqCRG.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Wk1TBwa.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zbxkHDG.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lzHvgmn.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iPJpBri.jpg[/MG]

Bonus:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yZR8Bo6.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

ugh god i need to fuck something

Walshy

Nah, she's stunning.

Everyone has a tattoo these days, out of my friends I think I am actually the only one without one thinking about it now.

kharma45

Innit. But I reckon he'll be picked. Moyers likes him, played a lotta minutes so far including pre-season.

Anderson is the duckling that is just about to turn into a swan and then he farts in front of Grandma or vomits after three ciders. PLS TRANSFORM, ANDO

Once he gets a solid run of games together my boy Anderson will be in top form. Let him majestically burst forward whilst Michael sits back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1uZoHH3Qkc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uG0yvWsPDg

Hieberrr

If you'll mainly use them on this pitch, listen to Viva.

In my youth team we sometimes played with studs on those kind of pitches, too. I mean, yeah, it works but if you're not planning to play a lot on a real pitch in the near future, don't go for studs. The other ones work better on artificial ground.

For sure, I'm leaning towards the ones for artificial turf since I'll be playing on that pitch for 10 weeks (and probably won't be playing on real grass at all during that time).

Arnie

Mourinho's going in with two feet and an elbow on the cave slug. And I love it.

Tomorrow's going to be brilliant. Bank holiday lie in, too. It's got the lot.

LTWheels

I can't really see where he would go.

Arsenal and Chelsea sure aren't going to bid anywhere near enough to turn Mourinho's head. And no clubs in Spain have enough money/need either.

I can't see Chelsea selling him to Arse, Spurs, city or united. Like you said Spain lacks the money other than Madrird/Barca.

I could see Chelsea be more happy to sell him to us. Chelsea doesn't see us as a threat; but I doubt Mata will want to come to us.

Who would you have?

I don't want to see him there but I can't see any other alternative. Unless Moyes goes balls out attacking which he also won't do.

I'd rather have Cleverley or Anderson or even Giggs.

I don't think it's balls out attacking not playing 2 defensive midfield players, Carrick is already there. If we're winning 1-0 at 70 mins, put Jones in midfield fine...starting him and Carrick there together is nightmarish...it was fine when we went to the Bernabeu to look after Ronaldo, this isn't close to that.

Salvadora

6d1QoNq.png

This makes me laugh and feel sad at the same time.
I can't see Chelsea selling him to Arse, Spurs, city or united. Like you said Spain lacks the money other than Madrird/Barca.

I could see Chelsea be more happy to sell him to us. Chelsea doesn't see us as a threat; but I doubt Mata will want to come to us.
You would be a threat with Mata in your team though, undoubtedly. Mata is far too good to sell domestically, if at all.

Slizz

Holy shit Slizz.

That bacon looks amazing

ugh god i need to fuck something

Nah, she's stunning.

Everyone has a tattoo these days, out of my friends I think I am actually the only one without one thinking about it now.

I would very much like to make sex with that woman Slizz just posted

Emily Schromm for future reference, American reality TV can get you somewhere!

mmmm Bacon.

she's hot even w/ the tattoos. balancing on the kettlebell is kinda nuts.

I'm not hating on the tats at all, GAF likes to hate anyone that tats themself, figured I'd save the excuse.

Clegg

I'd rather have Cleverley or Anderson or even Giggs.

I don't think it's balls out attacking not playing 2 defensive midfield players, Carrick is already there. If we're winning 1-0 at 70 mins, put Jones in midfield fine...starting him and Carrick there together is nightmarish...it was fine when we went to the Bernabeu to look after Ronaldo, this isn't close to that.

We still need to do something about the threat that Mata, Hazard and Oscar pose. Can't see anything other than having Jones as the deep lying midfielder.

I don't understand why Mou is looking to get rid of Mata?
Tbh there's pretty much no evidence that he is...just the stories from early in the summer that Mourinho was willing to let Mata go if he could bring somebody in who would help complete the team.

Even supposing that story is true (no smoke without fire etc), not quite the same as wanting to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom