• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

The only issue I have with Moses is that if he does, we're going to have someone wearing number 13.

That's just weird to me for some reason...

kharma45

Phil Jones in midfield?

pissed_sale.gif

You know it's gonna happen. As long as he is told not to run with or pass the ball it'll be fine.

We still need to do something about the threat that Mata, Hazard and Oscar pose. Can't see anything other than having Jones as the deep lying midfielder.
Were at home, we should play on the front foot and try to give them things to think about.

Playing Carrick and Jones is so defeatist, well be conceding so much ground to them from the off.

arkon

It's been 1,5h since I last visited the gaming side (or some German videogames) forum and I'm already feeling much better. Hopefully it'll last, I can't even explain why I'm still THIS passionate about videogames (forums), I mean why do I even give a damn about the opinion of someone on the gaming side... it's kinda crazy because I only buy triple A games and thus I don't even need ro read forums / reviews....

I sometimes wonder that myself. I don't even play that many games to be honest and I'm pretty sure I've missed the majority of the big games in the 360/PS3 gen because I took a break from gaming for large chunks of it.

Wilbur

Banned
Were at home, we should play on the front foot and try to give them things to think about.

Playing Carrick and Jones is so defeatist, well be conceding so much ground to them from the off.

Yeah. I think they're going to control possession anyway because they have the players better equipped for it, but they've got a shaky defence and central midfield and it isn't inconceivable that if we take the game to them and are aware of any counter attacking threat (i.e. don't let Pat fuck about by their corner flags) that we get a result.

We just have to play the right way. I'm wary.

Salvadora

Smh.

Needs to retire.
Agreed.

He has made 20 appearances in the last two seasons and isn't anywhere near being fit again. I appreciate that he has tremendous talent (bossed Liverpool something shocking in recent memory) and could have been our Yaya Toure, but things are not to be. He is earning massive money having done nothing to earn it.

Pay off his contract, offer him medical support and send him on his merry way. I wish him all the best.

Clegg

I'm just trying to guess what Moyes will do. Fergie would have attacked them.

Don't think Moyes will be that bold.

any wanna give their official predictions for tomorrow?

ManU 1 (RVP) - 3 Chelsea (Hazard, Lampard, Ba)

I reckon we'll win 2-1.

Not sure on a team, if Mata is fit, I can see him playing with Oscar/Hazard. Mou said he can't do 90 minutes ago so bring on KdB after an hour or so. Defence will hopefully see Azpili get his first start under Mou, not sure about how fit Luiz is.

Can't see Ba playing, wouldn't be surprised if we went for Lukaku.

Rooney will probably play, can't decide if he'll have a stormer or a terrible game.

Wilbur

Banned
De Gea

Jones Rio Vidic Evra

Cleverly Carrick Giggs

Valencia RVP Welbeck

This will be the team. Adnan on the bench please.

lol you're fucking NUTS if you think Adnan is getting on the bench against Chelsea.

Lindegaard, Smalling, Fabio, Anderson, Giggs, Kagawa, Zaha bench

Moyes will pick this. Guaranteed.

De Gea
Jones Rio Vidic Evra
Carrick Cleverley
Valencia Rooney Welburt
RVP

subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Shinji, Smalling, Giggs, Fabio, Zaha

Fabio can cover Evra or Jones.
Shinji can cover Rooney or Welburt.
Giggs can cover Cleverley or Welburt
Smalling can cover Rio, Vidic, or Jones
Anderson can cover Rooney (switching to 3 man midfield) or Cleverley
Zaha can be Zaha

FuturusX

Agreed.

Pay off his contract, offer him medical support and send him on his merry way. I wish him all the best.

Ouch. I think everybody knows that Wenger has a secret plan that involves 9 seasons without a trophy and the power of extreme frugality in the transfer market. In other words Wenger knows what's he doing.

Anyway nothing to worry about. It's pretty clear already that Spurs have thrown away any chance of getting 4th by selling their best player and replacing him with lesser stars. The Bale factor is gone.

pulga

Banned
All this Rooney hate makes me want for United to get 6th place or so.

Hurrrrrrr let's bench one of our top three players hurrrr

As if your sides quality can permit such a move.

We were destroying your team at Old Trafford without Rooney. This isn't meant as some insult. It's a fact.

Slizz

A player that doesn't want to play for our squad anymore hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wilbur

Banned

I see you've continued the cuntitude over the weekend.

Rooney hasn't played a pre-season and he wants out to the very team we're playing :looooool, why would we want him to play over Welbeck and Zaha who have earned their place through performances?

You just want to suckle on the cock of the stars

BALE EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVENT SCORED SINCE YOUR 168M MOVE AND YOU GOT CAUGHT WITH AN ELEVEN YEAR OLD DISCIPLE OF BENZEMA BUT I STILL WANT YOU TO PLAY OVER DI MARIA EVERY WEEK

Were?

Were

Lol

How did that fixture end up going for ya? Looks like you needed Rooney to me.

Why does the result matter? It was 1-0 without Rooney. Rooney didn't enter until the red card. If Rooney wasn't needed against Madrid, why would he be needed against Chelsea? I would pick Rooney to play, but right now after his bitching and lack of pre season he can fuck off.

What pulga doesn't understand is that alot of us don't want Rooney to play cos he's a bitch.

Madrid don't even respect themselves putting that stupid squiggly shit on their shirts so they obv wouldn't care whether their players do or don't.

pulga

Banned
The man doesnt want to play for you fuckwits because you assknobs constantly give him grief

Have you goldfish brained barnacles forgotten all the amazing times Rooney has given ya?

Show a little more respect for the bald fart.

kharma45

The man doesnt want to play for you fuckwits because you assknobs constantly give him grief

Have you goldfish brained barnacles forgotten all the amazing times Rooney has given ya?

He brings it on himself.

Slizz

The man doesnt want to paly for you fuckwits because you assknobs constantly give him grief

Lol, you're better than this(I think).

The man doesnt want to paly for you fuckwits because you assknobs constantly give him grief

Not really. He was on the fan's good side until he asked to be transferred again.

Wilbur

Banned

Christ you don't half talk some shit, plugskilla

Why did he want to leave last time? For Man City? Did we give him grief before then? No actually, he was revered. He wanted out.

Stayed, the majority of fans were still on his side and now he wants out again. He came on against Swansea and got a good reception, but he probably still wants out. He wants to leave. Why would I want to play someone in the side who wants to leave over someone like Welbeck who wants to stay and shows that on the pitch?

You're just so used to players' souls being torn asunder at Madrid and leaving the second they get a chance that you've become desensitised to it.

Salazar

Jones, the one man cirque de soleil of dumb defensive shit

I worry much less when he's in the middle with a partner of some kind.

What we needed, was a better ref.

Cunt Cakir saved your ass. Shame he couldn't ref your 4-1 vs Dortmund.

Regardless of the red card being legit or not, it's a fact that United without Rooney was destroying Madrid. That basically puts his original comment out of its misery.

No need to debate the red card again. What's done is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom